Help: Please help!

deleting files (there should be 2 or 4 of them: Entropia.log, Entropia.dmp and ClientLoader.log, ClientLoader.dmp) from following directory solves the problem for me:
"C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Temp\Entropia.error\"(on Vista/7, on XP it will be under "Documents and Settings")

Windows search didn't find these files, I had to look for them by my own. :confused:

lol wtf, it works? :laugh:

isnt that seen as tampering with the files btw? :silly2:

works great, thanks

deleting files (there should be 2 or 4 of them: Entropia.log, Entropia.dmp and ClientLoader.log, ClientLoader.dmp) from following directory solves the problem for me:
"C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Temp\Entropia.error\"(on Vista/7, on XP it will be under "Documents and Settings")

Windows search didn't find these files, I had to look for them by my own. :confused:

Awesome! I love you!

On XP files are located here: C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Temp\Entropia.error

Big +Rep

isnt that seen as tampering with the files btw? :silly2:

Well, today MA/FPC support told me to download and install third party software, use it on my files, send them the result, and then send these files. :p
One more action wouldn't hurt. ;)

hmmm can't seem to find it on 7? any idea?

AppData is a hidden directory. You have to press "Alt", then select "Tools->Folder Options->View->Hidden files and folders->Show.." or just type in this path to go straight to this directory.

Cheers CvX ;)

Ill have a looksie on mine and make sure i post an update in the first post.

Cheers bud.

C

hmmm can't seem to find it on 7? any idea?

C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Local\Temp\

Hope this helps (Windows 7 Ultimate x64)

IT WORKS :)

Cheers to CvX ;) + rep coming your way. EDIT: When i can :p

C

:(

it didnt work for me any sugestions:confused::mad:

I can’t find ANY of those files on my PC! ... XP...

Now what????!!!

I want to play the damn game and I can’t because some wanker released garbage for us to download. I REALY try not to get angry, but it’s getting ever more difficult not to.

I like this game a lot, but when I see stuff like this released, I realy have to wonder if the MA people have enough respect for their own product, and for us.

FYI MA: Praying that a VU will work as intended, is NOT a reliable testing method for your product.

Last edited:
I'm hot on your heels, but don't hold out much hope after your post :(

Anyone else using the ATI Catalyst 9.11 drivers? I upgraded to those as 10.6 was downloading today... I might try rolling back and reinstalling.

Clutching at straws, tho, tbh...

I'm using the 9.11 driver and had no problems playing last night.

But, this patch IS NOT WORKING. Keeps erroring out, then crashes all internet connectivity.

TYVM CvX :)

Playing fine till I clicked on something in auction and CTDed, then got this problem.

Helios has given the correct path in post #33 :)

i reinstalled and deleted 2 files and still having same problem :(

i went back and deleted the other two, the game ran...i actually followed instructions and didnt delete the 2 that didnt have the exact file names, im guessing no matter what the files are called delete them all, thanks for the help

Last edited:
Well, I managed to get it running eventually: uninstalled, deleted anything with "entropia" in the name and reinstalled.

If anyone is suddenly suffering from screen lock-ups (like a lag of 10-20 seconds or more) then try dropping the "Objects Quality" setting to "Low". I can run everything on very high (Rad 4870) but if I change that setting to anything above "Low", I get the lock-ups. It wasn't an issue before the 10.6 update.

Still, at least I can play while support investigate :)

ATB

cheers ajax ;)

Im logging in myself now. Was too late for me last night so this will be the first proper time to get a hunt going in this VU.

C

This may not be a client software problem at all…

Last night I tried to logg in a number of times without success. Finally, the last time I did it, I forgot to clear the frozen login screen and stop the process… I was distracted by something for about 10 minutes.

When I looked up at my screen, I was in… so.. The login process may not be frozen, but as slow as thick s**t.

At the time, my ava was W, SW of new Oxford. The moment I set foot in that region yesterday, the screen began to froze every few seconds and the sounds were played weirdly.

So… this may not be a software problem, but something entirely different: the server (I assume they run different regions on different servers) that runs the region SW of new Oxford and who knows what else, is A ROTTEN THING THAT RUNS ON COAL!

After I managed to crawl out of that region, I tp’d to Eudoria and everything was alright, including the loggin!

When it happened to me i was hunting on LA55 near to Segna Forest TP. The client loader shut down and then as soon as i removed the Entropia Error folder everything worked. Was even getting 49 FPS near Segna lol.

The only time i have seen a number that high is when i log in and it runs at hundreds for a fwe seconds haha.

C

Now this is frustrating, was playing fine and this problem occured.

I cant find AppData or whatever folder.

Using windows7RC.

The fix worked for me. After you Delete all entropia folders you have to restart your system before you do the reinstall or you will end up getting and error msg.

Now this is frustrating, was playing fine and this problem occured.

I cant find AppData or whatever folder.

Using windows7RC.

Hey Kyleen,

If you cant find it then try this: -

Go to start,

Type CMD and hit enter/return.

Once the window opens type in ECHO %TEMP%.

This should bring up the folder location, copy that into windows and it should open it up for you and in there you should find Entropia Error or something like that.

Hope it helps.

C

I'm having the same problem. I've tried everything in this thread and I'm still getting nowhere. Verified temp files are gone, EU uninstalled completely, no viruses, clean connection, etc...

hmm? 10.6.1 should have resolved the problem. At least thats what i was told by support.

Im sorry i cant help you any further mate. All i suggest is to check see if you havent got any hidden error files somewhere and thats your running it in XP compatability. I always have trouble when running using vista compatability.

C

Back