Possibility to send in data via API?

exsolvo

Prowler
Society
The Unit
Exsolvus Exo Nex
Hi,

Ive since quite a long time stopped trying to get the Entropia Life client working on any of my computers (since like, early last year), due to two main reasons:

1. When it DOES run, it randomly stops working (crashes) and its a hassle to need to restart it several times an hour
2. I have built my own tracker software for keeping track of my runs

So, would it be possible to reqeuest an API to send global data to? Would prefer some sort of webservice that you could send the log-lines to together with optional screenshot when it's my own global and a timestamp or something.

If you need assistance in creating said API let me know, I could probably hook one up over a weekend

// Exo

I wish Mind Ark would produce an API so we could fetch data like this without needing to rely on optical recognition and manual upload of data to Web applications.

Why do I have to open the game to view my auctions? Item details? Globals?

Hey Exo
We are currently working on an API.

For now it will most likely be a "from EL to you"-API rather than an api that can collect data.

I do share your concerns about data accuracy, coverage and so on. So, thats an issue we nede to look into.

Hey Exo
We are currently working on an API.

For now it will most likely be a "from EL to you"-API rather than an api that can collect data.

I do share your concerns about data accuracy, coverage and so on. So, thats an issue we nede to look into.

Indeed, I believe you would get alot more coverage, and alot better accuracy should you set up an incoming API that can be used by everything from a simple app that only reads the logfile on a computersetup and sends it line by line to the API, to more complex trackers such as mine that can do the minute task of sending it in to be aggregated at EL aswell.

PS. A "Fetch" api where you can get certain data sounds usefull too for sure, but in my case i feel that the importance of being able to submit data is a more pressing matter, since without plenty of good data there's no real reason to "fetch" either.

I used to (many years ago when the EL client still worked somewhat properly) run the client a lot, but as i mentioned, havent used it for any meaningful time for the past year soon because of all the hassle it entails.

PS. A "Fetch" api where you can get certain data sounds usefull too for sure, but in my case i feel that the importance of being able to submit data is a more pressing matter, since without plenty of good data there's no real reason to "fetch" either.
The issue is how to validate globals sent from applications we have no control over. :) Since events are running using Entropia Life, it would be _bad_ if someone inserts 300 false globals to win an event. :/ If you have any suggestions, id be happy to know.

The issue is how to validate globals sent from applications we have no control over. :) Since events are running using Entropia Life, it would be _bad_ if someone inserts 300 false globals to win an event. :/ If you have any suggestions, id be happy to know.

I've sent a PM now as I felt like the information I was better suited for that communication method

Back