Possible info on MM for 2010?

Kaotic85

Guardian
Society
Aussie Entropians
Kryto, KaoticFaith, Rarman.
Hello,

I'm new to EU as of two months or so ago :D

But I've been told about this merry mayhem and am interested to find out some info and as if its going to be on this year.

plus rep to the first person that posts info or a link to info. :D

Thank you all. ;)

Last edited:
Mindark promised it will be a yearly recurring event. There have been three editions so far all around about Xmas-new years.

No information for this years MM has been released yet, when it will be trust me you will notice it on the forum in this section :)

U can find the info from recent years on this forum in this section aswell

Mindark promised it will be a yearly recurring event. There have been three editions so far all around about Xmas-new years.

No information for this years MM has been released yet, when it will be trust me you will notice it on the forum in this section :)

U can find the info from recent years on this forum in this section aswell

Thank you very much CycoKick + rep ;)

Hi kaotic,
We were to compete last year ,well actually one member with us as support .
But MA changed the rules, so he never competed cos of some issue with the loot rules

more info can sureley be found in old threads ,

Se u in game m8

TAC
Ice Cold

I guess the rules for MM_2010 wont be published before 15 december, as last year.

But I will soon need to organise the plan for the end-of-year period, request the holidays etc...
Maybe FPC could confirm the dates (26->30)? :)

my question is, will they allow support teams again? that sucks for the people without 30+ friends with big fancy guns demolishing the spawns in a few min while one dude runs behind looting everything for the easy points :(

i think it should all be solo so it can be legit. :D best man wins, simple as that.

ma/fpc can track anything in the game all they have to do is build a system that records your damage done to the mob, and upon the kill shot it tallies the points :)

also to discourage people from kill stealing from lower level people, i suggest they make it to where you have to do all 100% or like 90% of the mobs health in order to take the points :yay:

also to discourage people from kill stealing from lower level people, i suggest they make it to where you have to do all 100% or like 90% of the mobs health in order to take the points :yay:

that way I am sure people will just ruin for each other by shooting a few shots so no one gets points :p

there has always and will always be stealing problems during MM, it's sad :(

yes but then at least no one will get the points so they cant really fight over who should have gotten the points in the first place.

it ruins it for both parties and nobody gets the points till the mob regens the lost health. if somebody tries KSs my mobs, i just let them have it or ill take it down past 50%, if i know for sure i can, and let them stare at the carcass for a while lol :D

but my situations are not during merry mayhem tho, i wasn't able to participate last year because i had a 72 hour work weeks at the time.

But I will soon need to organise the plan for the end-of-year period, request the holidays etc...
Maybe FPC could confirm the dates (26->30)? :)

true, would be nice to have a chance to plan free days in advance

Merry Mayhem is a First Planet Company event, NOT a Mindark event.

Marco (or someone from FPC) once mentioned the rules were limited by the tools provided by Mindark (for teaming and kill stealing and what not).

Here's what I can remember:

For about a one week period, entrants are allowed to play for X number of hours. Usually, this averages out to about 6 hours a day for whatever period they set. Most people buy a timer or special clock to keep track of time. If you are over the time, you are disqualified. Everybody is entered automatically.

There are 4 levels. Iirc:
Newbie: 0-29
Lowbie: 30-49
Midbie: 50-79
Highs: 79+

Levels are determined by your highest combat skills, usually either the hit or dmg ranged, pistoleer, or melee. If you have even one skill in the tier, that determines it, even though the rest of your skills are in the lower tier.

Each level is restricted to a single monster type. The past few years, the newbies have always been assigned to cornudacauda and lowbies have always been assigned to feffs. Midbie and highs have varied. I believe last year, highs were assigned chompers, while midbies were assigned neconu (I think.)

You get points based on the maturity of the monster, usually 1 point for youngs and 7+ for stalkers.

Last year, a very controversial rule was started where you only had to loot the monster to get the points, rather than actually doing any of the work to kill it. Thus, it didn't matter who was the better player, it only mattered who had the strongest friends. I think nearly everyone wants this rule abolished.

The prizes are the main attraction. for the first three levels, the top prizes are rare UL armor sets. Usually, the newbies can get boar, the lowbies get angel, and the midbies get shadow. The top prize for the highs is usually a land area. 2nd and third is lower level armor sets, although I do believe 2nd prize for the highs is also shadow. Places 3-10 get a piece of Merry Mayhem armor, and all levels get the same piece. Every year a different piece is given to all who place, so it will take 7 years to get a full set. Interestingly, a single piece of mayhem is often worth more than some of the armor they offer as prizes.

Now that there is a "shared loot" feature, temporary enabling it on MM mobs could remove most of the past issues related to KS, teaming etc.

The score could be done on the damage inflicted or HP taken rather than number of mobs killed...
Hmmm, I wonder how it could work for a Opalo vs a Korss on a Feff... Would both hunters get same points? :scratch2:

Seems a bad idea after all. :laugh:

Hello,

I'm new to EU as of two months or so ago :D

But I've been told about this merry mayhem and am interested to find out some info and as if its going to be on this year.

plus rep to the first person that posts info or a link to info. :D

Thank you all. ;)

If it has similar rules to last year, you will need to kill 10,000+ high-maturity mobs to have a shot at a top 10 position.
I'll let you work out yourself what sort of damage and budget you need for that xD

Back