Potential Issue with MindArk’s treatment of Hangar owners

i consider the biggest problem..is the imposibility to land on planet..the rest is just a long story:p:nutkick::shots:

Please note that Arkadia would not exist without the funds those Land Areas raised - not by a long shot - and whilst Arkadia was economically efficient the fact is Planet Development is not cheap and finding investors is not a trivial matter.

If you want more detailed information please post a new thread and I will see what can be done to answer your queries.

I have been considering that for a while, I would post it on the Arkadia forum where it belongs though. I think you have at best a serious problem with perception here. I'm assuming and I'm sure others are, and we may be wrong, that a lot of the funds put towards arkadia came from TI taxes in the first place. You are now a privileged member of the Arkadia team and the majority of your recent posts on this forum seem to have been slams on the calypso development team. Are you trying to drive people off of calypso and to arkadia for your benifit or have you just soured on the game in general?

On topic, i think the hangar owners have been compensated a lot more than other people have whose "investements" have gone down in value over time due to changes in the game. I think people should consider their in-game purchases over the shortish term and how it affect them in the immediate state of the game not hope that the game stagnates to preserve their value. For people that don't think this kind of stuff happens in real life I have a house in Vegas I'd be happy to sell you for 20% less than it was bought for several years ago, it's worth less than 50% of that price.

If you really need the 2500 ped in TT value you are "missing" I'd be happy to give it to you in exchange for your privateer deed.

Of all people to ask about functionality m8, I'm not sure the guy who paid 696,000 for an Egg is the guy. Nothing disrespectful meant by that but I don't think you guys actually had a deal for that much PED over a virtual egg. Call me crazy. ;)

Agree with the post though, people should get what they paid for and often don't. Dynamic. I lost a MLME tiering, I don't recall getting anything back after they changed it.

I'm assuming and I'm sure others are, and we may be wrong, that a lot of the funds put towards arkadia came from TI taxes in the first place.

The money used for Arkadia was actually all completely new.

You are now a privileged member of the Arkadia team...

I own a land area there, the same as I own land areas on Calypso.
You can now own a land area there too if you spend the appropriate amount.
You can even buy mine if you have enough money although be warned that it is not a straightforward trade.

...the majority of your recent posts on this forum seem to have been slams on the calypso development team. Are you trying to drive people off of calypso and to arkadia for your benifit or have you just soured on the game in general?

I have had a large number of issues over the years with Planet Calypso's developers stuffing things up and I have preferred to deal with them quietly behind the scenes up until now.

This particular hangar issue, for example, goes back to September 2011 when the official response was that an investigation for compensation was underway.

After almost 2 years MindArk have chosen not to do anything about it and that is most definitely a reasonable timeframe to address the issue.

Arkadia is also not immune to issue analysis and resolution, nor is any other Entropia entity - some of them just don't cause all that many problems for anyone other than themselves and they all get equal treatment in having rather long timeframes to address issues raised in private.

On topic, i think the hangar owners have been compensated a lot more than other people have whose "investements" have gone down in value over time due to changes in the game...

If you really need the 2500 ped in TT value you are "missing" I'd be happy to give it to you in exchange for your privateer deed.

If you'd like to list the issues in detail in either a new thread or in private I will take a look at them in time.
There is certainly no shortage of problems to be addressed in Entropia Universe.

As for the value I have already stated it is of no concern to me - my concern is that this particular issue, if unresolved, signals to MindArk that they can get away with such things and this, in turn, will lead to them doing more of the same in the future to the detriment of the Entropia community in general.

Of all people to ask about functionality m8, I'm not sure the guy who paid 696,000 for an Egg is the guy. Nothing disrespectful meant by that but I don't think you guys actually had a deal for that much PED over a virtual egg. Call me crazy. ;)

Agree with the post though, people should get what they paid for and often don't. Dynamic. I lost a MLME tiering, I don't recall getting anything back after they changed it.

You will have to wait a bit more to find out what was promised regarding the Egg vs. what was delivered.
I know it's perhaps the more interesting topic however the Feffox have to be deployed first and that's being held up by another multi-year old issue (see link).

I also disagree with the dynamic statement - it is really just an excuse the developers use for poor management of their product.

As for tiering that's another issue that could be looked at although that issue stems from really poor design (along with people willing to take huge risks knowing exactly what is at stake) and not from MindArk just taking your assets without warning.

- Deathifier

My biggest problem with the treatment of Hangar owners is that I have zero confidence that the functionality or importance of any virtual item I might invest in will be preserved. I also have no confidence in anything thats promised to me being delivered.

I don't even feel that there is any point in me even expressing disappointment so I've simply just stopped depositing and either withdraw or use in game funds for any investments I make. So I completely agree with Death's points and I don't know how being treated like this affects anyone else but it has made a massive difference to my attitude to EU.

This is not just restricted to Hangars for me but taming, the Land development for LAs (10 months to move a hangar and enable a stream!)- being charged a fortune only for MA to slash the price of upgrades, CLD political system, space being a priority. I used to complain because I cared, now I don't complain because I feel it would cause my service to deteriorate even further. You almost feel that you have offended someone in MA that you would be treated so poorly.

The strategy seems to be to maximise the short term returns for the company at the expense of longer term revenue. So I no longer deposit large amounts of money and don't go near any of the major estate sales because I have no confidence in the management.

It's almost reassuring to see that dethifier has been treated so poorly (IMO), I know how much money they have missed out from pissing me off, I can only imagine the small fortune that MA have lost out on if others feel the way I do.

So yes I feel Hangar owners deserve a bit more love and further to that Mindark should stop promising things they cannot deliver. If I can look at the accounts, see how many staff MA have and realise that the promises on their roadmaps are completely unrealistic then I'm pretty sure that they can too.

Just for clarity, what I do in EU, I do as a business, I have an incorporated company, pay taxes and declare everything.

Ant

Last edited:
So I completely agree with Deth's points and I don't know how being treated like this affects anyone else but it has made a massive difference to my attitude to EU.

Even free players are not immune to this treatment by MA. I know that my own issues are far smaller than anyone who's actually deposited into the game and invested in items, but even on a small scale MA's actions have caused me to lose faith in the game as well. I can't trust anything that I do or that happens and I certainly can't trust any investments I may make because for all I know it could all be taken away the next day. I may have actually started depositing at some point to invest in the game as an investment, but after what I've seen my attitude towards EU has definately changed since I began playing the game as well. In a virtual universe where a poor freeplayer can invest 150PED into buying a cool, unique, special witches broom item thinking that he'd found the perfect vehicle and would never need to buy another (except for space flight) only to have this taken away a few weeks later by the addition of movement decay that was not originally on the item when first boughten; it just makes you not want to buy anything. So I completely agree with Deth as well on this issue of MA's handling of development.

Even free players are not immune to this treatment by MA. I know that my own issues are far smaller than anyone who's actually deposited into the game and invested in items, but even on a small scale MA's actions have caused me to lose faith in the game as well. I can't trust anything that I do or that happens and I certainly can't trust any investments I may make because for all I know it could all be taken away the next day. I may have actually started depositing at some point to invest in the game as an investment, but after what I've seen my attitude towards EU has definately changed since I began playing the game as well. In a virtual universe where a poor freeplayer can invest 150PED into buying a cool, unique, special witches broom item thinking that he'd found the perfect vehicle and would never need to buy another (except for space flight) only to have this taken away a few weeks later by the addition of movement decay that was not originally on the item when first boughten; it just makes you not want to buy anything. So I completely agree with Deth as well on this issue of MA's handling of development.

Sadly, i agree - i'm still pissed about the broom and now my NEVERDIE/Tutankamun FAP.....:mad:

My biggest problem with the treatment of Hangar owners is that I have zero confidence that the functionality or importance of any virtual item I might invest in will be preserved. I also have no confidence in anything thats promised to me being delivered.

I don't even feel that there is any point in me even expressing disappointment so I've simply just stopped depositing and either withdraw or use in game funds for any investments I make. So I completely agree with Death's points and I don't know how being treated like this affects anyone else but it has made a massive difference to my attitude to EU.

This is not just restricted to Hangars for me but taming, the Land development for LAs (10 months to move a hangar and enable a stream!)- being charged a fortune only for MA to slash the price of upgrades, CLD political system, space being a priority. I used to complain because I cared, now I don't complain because I feel it would cause my service to deteriorate even further. You almost feel that you have offended someone in MA that you would be treated so poorly.

The strategy seems to be to maximise the short term returns for the company at the expense of longer term revenue. So I no longer deposit large amounts of money and don't go near any of the major estate sales because I have no confidence in the management.

It's almost reassuring to see that dethifier has been treated so poorly (IMO), I know how much money they have missed out from pissing me off, I can only imagine the small fortune that MA have lost out on if others feel the way I do.

So yes I feel Hangar owners deserve a bit more love and further to that Mindark should stop promising things they cannot deliver. If I can look at the accounts, see how many staff MA have and realise that the promises on their roadmaps are completely unrealistic then I'm pretty sure that they can too.

Just for clarity, what I do in EU, I do as a business, I have an incorporated company, pay taxes and declare everything.

Ant

+rep. Amen to the truth. Sorry if this is off topic in any way. And yes, they have cut way back on promises compared to the amount they used to make, but they still make em quite a bit, with no apparent intentions to bring them in to reality many times... quite a list over at http://content-of-oblivion.blogspot.de/

Back