Question: Problem in Naval

Leaf Arwen

Prowler
Society
GODS OF WAR
Leaf Arwen Elfwood
Hi!
Just started the missions on Rextelum and found the missionbroker "Brian" in Naval near tlp.
My problem is when going to Naval i get kicked out of the game after only about 10secs cause RAM-loss.
Is it something special in or around Naval demanding alot of RAM or is this a bug?
Any input is welcome since i have to relog 3-4 times and be very fast every time i visit "Brian".

/Arwen

Happens to me on a XP system with 4 GB of RAM and an older nVidia (Gforce 9800) card every time. When I turn down a few things to "low" in the game settings it still lags badly and takes 10-15 seconds until I can move, but it doesn't make me crash as often.

On my Windows 7 machine with 8 GB and a GeForce GTX 650 Ti card I don't have any problems. I assume it's all the NPCs at Naval and other things that load and fill your RAM on arrival that makes the machine/graphic card choke.

Happens to me on a XP system with 4 GB of RAM and an older nVidia (Gforce 9800) card every time. When I turn down a few things to "low" in the game settings it still lags badly and takes 10-15 seconds until I can move, but it doesn't make me crash as often.

On my Windows 7 machine with 8 GB and a GeForce GTX 650 Ti card I don't have any problems. I assume it's all the NPCs at Naval and other things that load and fill your RAM on arrival that makes the machine/graphic card choke.

Running Windows 7 with 4GB and Geforce GTX280.

/Arwen

It could literally be as simple as a lack of RAM.
4Gb isn't very much, these days.

I had this problem with my old computer (except if I turned down graphics to "Low")... that one had Windows Vista, 4 GB RAM, etc

New one has much more RAM, Windows 8, not at all the same problem so... Try turning down graphics?

Best solution is to TP nearby and walk to the base. You'll load the NPCs 1-by-1 rather than all at once. Or get more RAM :girl:

Best solution is to TP nearby and walk to the base. You'll load the NPCs 1-by-1 rather than all at once. Or get more RAM :girl:

Thnx guys, found the soolution for me. I just put the graphicsettings on low beofore i tlp there and its all fine.
Yes id be getting a new comp someday thats more up to date this one i have now could be called ancient now:)

/Arwen

the ram problem is not for the normal ram! it means ram from the gpu (graficcard)

64 bit os helps with the gfx ram issue

That base has a stupid amount of NPCs and loading them is the problem.

oh mang, I thought you suffering the same problem as me from the thread title. You see, a raft of otters were passing by the other day and I fear one of the pups has taken sanctury in my belly button. I've given it milk and cake and seems to be coming along nicely, growing quite big. Not big enough to go into the watah yet. Still I keep waiting for the Jerry Kyle program to come on "Help, I've got an otter in my belly button!" but it seems people prefer "My Mother/sister made me pregnant, but all I can think about is Topiary".

I randomly DC When in Malls or when in an outpost..

Win8
GTX570
i5 2500k 4,5ghz
8gb RAM

No error message what so ever, So I bet its Win8 since pe isnt supported there yet

oh mang, I thought you suffering the same problem as me from the thread title. You see, a raft of otters were passing by the other day and I fear one of the pups has taken sanctury in my belly button. I've given it milk and cake and seems to be coming along nicely, growing quite big. Not big enough to go into the watah yet. Still I keep waiting for the Jerry Kyle program to come on "Help, I've got an otter in my belly button!" but it seems people prefer "My Mother/sister made me pregnant, but all I can think about is Topiary".

I've seen this problem a lot... :eyecrazy:

Back