Question: Profit in Entropia? Please Vote

Have you made an overall profit in Entropia?

• Yes, I have made an overall profit in Entropia

Votes: 160 51.4%
  • No, but I have broken even

Votes: 32 10.3%
  • No, I have lost money

Votes: 119 38.3%

• Total voters
Hmm, i've put in about 20 bucks once. i'm penniless at the moment.

I voted 'No, I have lost money' but to be honest, I've not lost any money - I've just spent it on entertainment ;).

I deposited 300 PEDs 2.5 years ago, then became so eco that I could survive during two years without any deposits.

Recently, the loot distribution changed, and I have started trading / reselling a little to gather some PEDs and buy my ammos.

(I am ashamed to write that, I know I play for free from the money of other players, and I remember when I deposited, how much I hated guys who were as I am today. :ahh:)

Well, I will probably never withdraw but my TT value is far more than the deposited 300 PEDs so I guess I can say I break even. My goal is not to make profit, it is just to have free fun.

:rolleyes:

I think for the large majority there is no real way of knowing if they made profit or not.
One can only come to that conclusion when they stop this universe , sell out and sell skills and then see if the difference is a positive one or a negative one.

Yes, another good point. As long as still playing, market values changing on items owned etc, it is hard to come up with a bottom line statement of course.

I do know myself now what I didn't know when I started as well (because I didn't care back then) that it is completely possible to play without deposits, it is just more like hard work then (at least to me). I see from the results so far though that those who feel they have made a profit overall is higher than the other options, so I really am surprised at that so thank you all for the votes and the discussion ;) Guess if I want to get some of that money back I have a lot of work to do.

Last edited:
wheres the I kinda profitted/maybe/ish option on the poll XD

Tbh if it were'nt for market value on items increasing a lot over certain years, then a lot of ppl would be making a huge loss. Such as 1k ped loss per day on average.......the only thing combatting that was high value items increasing even higher over the same period.

I can't really complain, but in short its very hit and miss lol

Rip

if i was to sell everything i would prolly break even or be a little ahead. however that is only IF i sell ... instead im gonna keep playing and having fun.:cool:

If I were to sell everything right now.. I'd be up $1000-$1500, but we'll see if it stays that way :D

I have never deposited and my avatar is worth about 30kish ped. I have played almost a year and a half.
Do you consider this profit?

I see from the results so far though that those who feel they have made a profit overall is higher than the other options, so I really am surprised at that so thank you all for the votes and the discussion ;)

Well, I think maybe these polls maybe attract the people who are trying to make a profit.

And some of the profit is truely 'virtual' (if everyone chips out at once, etc). But well, to me skills kind of represent time. effort. love. Tomorrow someone may come up to me and offer me $1 for my 8000 LWT. I won't laugh at him, but I won't give him my skills either, and I won't cry if one day that's all they're (financially) worth.

I kinda expected more to have made than not to :)

Hehe. So if I give you 0 PED, are you OK with giving me 30kish PED in a year and a half's time?

Sounds like a great trade to me! :D

I've just withdrawn my assets (steady on :wtg: ) and it's a total of around 50-60% more than I put in.

That includes profit (and loss) from hunting, inflation on gear and skills. The fluctuation in the strength of the GBP versus the USD means I'm also withdrawing a decent figure more than I put in simply because it's a good time for British players to sell out atm. I've not counted that as profit though, the currency market is not something to rely on while playing...

I'd say Im well in the red but I play totally for the entertainment value! I deposit what I can afford and dont put in if I cant! So I cant whine as the hours I have gotten out of EU has been total value for money :yay:

Until i've withdrawn it, it doesn't count. I've lost a lot of money... :eek:

tehe, I profit :D

Not much though,
Depo'd $80, withdrew $200

Another $100-$150 worth in my account

I'm waaay behind.

I'm way behind. Way back about a year and a half ago, when I first started I unfortunately found the "path of the blade" tutorial and started following it... :eek::rolleyes::mad:

It was outdated back then and is even more outdated now... All those peds wasted on 2x0 swinging with a very low ha.... That tutorial should be deleted if it hasn't been yet, it's very bad, especially since it's pre-sib on longblades like embra c1, rustic slo and things of that nature.

So yes, my 2k ped donation at that time was blown quickly. I do have some longblade skills because of it, and may chip out some of that eventually, but highly doubt I'll get that money back..

After almost a full year off and coming back in to the game after a hardware issue (good ol all-in-wonder graphics card could not even handle login screen several vus back - now have a new computer), I'm trying to make my new 1k deposit last a while, so I'm mainly focused on selling. Go to the link in my sig line to learn more about that.

No, I've lost money

with counting skills, gear etc.

No, I've lost money

with counting skills, gear etc.

What do you do? Hunt/craft/mine?
What equipment do you use?
And if you're a hunter, what mobs to you hunt?
If crafter, what do you craft? Quantity or Condition?

I don't feel that I've 'lost money' it's more a case of 'negative profit'

I never started this with the intention of making money, it stands to reason that not everybody can 'get rich' despite what the PE promo videos tell you.

I willingly hand over money without the expectation of gain so therefore I haven't lost, saying you've lost is like saying you went to a restaurant then on to the movies afterwards and you lost £100

I've not lost money, but I have spent a fair amount...

:my2pec:

I never started this with the intention of making money, it stands to reason that not everybody can 'get rich' despite what the PE promo videos tell you.

I willingly hand over money without the expectation of gain so therefore I haven't lost, saying you've lost is like saying you went to a restaurant then on to the movies afterwards and you lost £100

Very nice point. I have no idea how much I have deposited in here. It isn't a massive a mount and it isn't a small amount either. I'd estimate if I sold everything I have i'd be about level not taking into the account my "time" spent in game. If I factored that in i'd be considerably down.

Well its all how you view it. It is definitely entertainemnt. So The value of entertainment is always a concern. For me I have received much value from the game so far.

Oh and on the Restaurant/Movie losing money point I will say I have definitely "lost money" on a few meals and movies.

If you ever paid to see "Dr. T and the Women" you will understand my meaning. Not only did I lose the admitance price but I can never get that 2 hours of my life back! :D

If ever I was forced to choose either to watch "Doctor T and the Women" again or get hit in the "Nads" with a Ball Peen Hammer I would have to think about it for about 5 seconds and then choose the "Nad" hammering!

Cuz really, eventualy "that" pain will go away! ;)

Ok now I better have the monkeys dance to wash away those awfulk memories!~

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Dex :cool:

For some reason I read that as "Dr and the T-Women"

I don't watch those movies... thank you very much

:D

Hahah Definite LOL

My daughter came in to see what I was giggling about!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dex :cool:

saying you've lost is like saying you went to a restaurant then on to the movies afterwards and you lost £100

Some might disagree with you here. If someone drops a bill on taking a girl out to dinner and a movie and gets NO play at the end of the night and never talks to the girl again, they might see this as a loss. Sure, you could chalk it up as entertainment, but you know the guy was thinking of it as an investment, I guarantee you...

Well its all how you view it. It is definitely entertainemnt. So The value of entertainment is always a concern. For me I have received much value from the game so far.

I happen to be very into the numbers. The entertainment for me comes from tracking my progress and seeing if things are going up or down. I don't get much entertainment from running around shooting mobs or mining. Crafting however rocks! Cause it's super fun standing in one place clicking a button over and over :laugh:

The only problem with my view is that when things start turning sour, it becomes less entertaining... ;)

I've lost..big time.
Been depositing on a regular basis only to see the MA hamster gobbeling it all up in a matter of days, or sometimes even hours.
Sometimes at an even more disheartening speed.
Would be fun to realy get something nice someday.

But on the other hand, i'm here for the fun and the ever so
lovable comunity that are so supportive and nice. :) ...Realy!

sorry to say i lost some money and i think alot of those who voted profit has calculate their skill value very high and its not worth that much anymore.

Back