Progress 17th Aug

basic rule of thumb

1 unit of looks pretty : 20 units of work

We don’t want to release any information too early and thus risking it to become false due to last minute updates.

The healing has begun! :yay:

basic rule of thumb

1 unit of looks pretty : 20 units of work

The production work has been completed what they will be doing now is making sure that things like texture projections, lighting and all the polygonal models are (assuming their not using nurbs) displaying correctly and of course test all the dynamic features are working. Most of this will have been checked many times on a test bed..but CGI pipelines are not an exact science and there's always some issues that crop up before the process is complete.

No, no, no you got it all wrong... They are still calculating the size of my ATH tower :laugh:

Of two minds

Part of me says, "Hurry, I miss it" but the other (and probably smarter side), says, "Make sure it is done correctly."

Part of me says, "Hurry, I miss it" but the other (and probably smarter side), says, "Make sure it is done correctly."

my smarter side is dead i want in !!!

At the moment it is 13:09, i'm in the office and watch the forum all 10 minutes just because i want to know if the Planet is back online or not :-/

Want to recreate my character:(

Calm the hell down fanboy, your beloved MMO is taking a controversial approach to its release of an update and some people don't like it. Go figure.

"Calm the hell down, hater..."

Some people have ALOT of real hard earned cash invested in their beloved MMO and would rather see a smooth and successful transition to the new platform with correct and fully functioning microtransactions. If it takes a week, it takes a week.

Frankly I couldnt give a flying monkey what those *other* systems did it in..

Good to know. Personally I can't wait :D

But that said, I'd rather they take the time to get things right, then rush now and still be cleaning up the mess...

It's only been 2 days, go outside and get some vitamin D, your pale skin requires it.

Discussion of other computer games (even to make comparisions to EU) is not permitted on EntropiaForum:

Forum Rules said:
3.7 - Other Computer Games
Discussion of any computer games, virtual worlds or MMORPGs other than Entropia Universe is NOT permitted. Any and all such threads or posts will be deleted. Naming, making reference to, or linking to games or gaming websites other than Entropia Universe is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. All references or links of this kind WILL BE DELETED, including those that appear in avatar pictures, member profiles or member signatures. If you would like to discuss computer games or MMORPG's other than Entropia Universe, please visit our sister site www.GamersHQ.com.

:topic:

Quick update on the ongoing release work with VU 10. Still no ETA as to when we open up Planet Calypso VU10. We are still in transition mode and test and tweak things. An ETA will probably be given tomorrow when we have evaluated the tests and tweaks. An Content List as well as a VU 10 FAQ will be released as well, once the evaulation will allow it. We don’t want to release any information too early and thus risking it to become false due to last minute updates.

Originally posted here

Its tomorrow now any chance we could get tha ETA?

i sense a message coming in the next few mins...the force is strong !

Incorrect around 9 hours left till today expires :D

seeing as though Bertha's post was made on the 17th and its the 18th today that to me says it the tomorrow Berta spoke of

have almost evrything done in my house what i could do

but hey i just found a new lamp i still need to hang on the ceiling
now could i take of the power suply.........

but where is the fun in that.... lets see if i get electocuted or not this time :silly2:

i need the kick in my vains :laugh: and stay focused

Just started EU and it downloaded a patch :D maybe its getting closer VU10 :yay:

seeing as though Bertha's post was made on the 17th and its the 18th today that to me says it the tomorrow Berta spoke of

pfff....today is only yesterdays tomorrow :D

Ok now that you've established the day...how long till the day ends?
Since no time was specified the announcement could be at any time, my guess would be later than sooner.

1 hr till 5pm (thoose crazy sweeds stop work @ 5pm right?)

so if not update by then I guess we will be waiting till tomorrow.....

Just started EU and it downloaded a patch :D maybe its getting closer VU10 :yay:

The official HTTP download available on the Planet Calypso Website.

Start up the client, it will donload a new screen whth "dear client the version you are using is obsolete blah blah blah", and you will get the link to the dowload location.

Good luck

Green

Just an unofficial glimpse - I am right now testing what could be the Release Version of VU10.0. It all depends on whether issues that may arise. Expect official word in a few hours.

Omgomgomgomgomgomg

1 hr till 5pm (thoose crazy sweeds stop work @ 5pm right?)

so if not update by then I guess we will be waiting till tomorrow.....

One would hope that the major milestone VU 10 update process doesn't suffer from 9-5 syndrome...

Just an unofficial glimpse - I am right now testing what could be the Release Version of VU10.0. It all depends on whether issues that may arise. Expect official word in a few hours.

Great! cant wait :)

The official release version????... so... what have we been downloading until now?

:yay: woot thanks Marco

Back