Psuedo old Loot windows overlay - any interest if possible?

Wistrel

Elite
Society
Entropia Pioneers
Wistrel (Wisty) Chianti
Just made a suggestion in the feedback thread about how the new loot window could be improved. Of course ideally would love to see the old ones come back or a re-imagining of them in the same artistic spirit as Alf's originals, but, likely failing that happening, I've suggested, if nothing else the new one is a little bigger or resizable.

This got me to thinking though... wondered if it would be possible to create a tool to overlay the original loot windows on top for old times sake. Really not sure if I'd be able to do this (from a possible'technical perspective) and have it be useful/not a nuisance, but thought I ask if there would be any interest from the community if such a tool existed/worked well. Obviously though we should give MA some time to respond to feedback and see if they have anything up their sleeve re the loot windows that is still to come.

If not, guessing it would have to do something like watch for stuff in the chat log relating to killing mobs/crafting etc (if such stuff exists) and then try and overlay the original art with the center invisble so that the new loot window contents show through. Would probably need to somehow pick up mouse clicks for when the window is closed too.

Dunno, just my crazy ideas but main thing is, would anyone be interested in such a thing.

Wistrel

PS while I'm hear, would anyone be interested in reliving the old death experience of hearing the death music, and having the screen tinted red until you revive? I have half of that already implemented (the music/revival part but not the red tint)

Basically everything should be able to be resizable/adjust to your screen/games resolution.

Only thing I want is to have an option to stack the same item inside the loot window.

Very easy to do an overlay on your own side if you'd like.

Much prefer the theme/heart/soul of the old loot windows for sure. This goes for most of the old UI elements that had a futuristic sci-fi look and feel 😅 not being able to scale the UI is a silly problem to have in 2024..

True, having the option to be able to drag and stack the loot piles would be nice. I think it's good they come in as their own piles by default but indeed an option to stack would be nice for tidyness as you go

Wistrel

Back