PVP rule change?

mandu

Stalker
Society
Victory
Mandu Mojo Marconi
Did the looting rules in PVP change?

I could have sworn that if an avatar had less than 50% health, you wouldn't receive their loot. I had heard this and experienced it, by Pk'ing people with almost no HP left and receiving no loot.

Today, I've been on the other side of that equation, and been looted. Did it change, or have I been unlucky in one of the above situations.?\

As far as what remember in PvP, it has been whoever gets the kill shot in that gets the loot. I've been out hunting in PvP and have been nearly dead from a mob attack, and have a Pker run up on me and get in that one last shot to kill me; always claimed whatever I had on me. Have also been on team hunts in PvP where we start goofing around and killing each other, and it's always been whoever got the kill shot in got all of the loot.

Not sure whether the rules were ever changed though, I don't think I've been in the contaminated zones much since 9.0

It would surely be far too easy to protect yourself from being looted if this was the case. Especially if you have the knack of shooting yourself (it can be done). Even if not, you could easily use mobs to reduce your health, keep yourself under 50% and ensure that any pking looter got the "This Avatars loot belongs to someone else" message...

Sadly, no. You'll just have to go on being cautious. Or get Good ;)

wasnt there a difference.. imagine you die.. jump back in without healing at all, get shot on landing and lose loot then..:scratch2:

Twas only a matter of time I guess. I had that feeling when I found out the tactics recently. Ah well never spent much time there anyhow. But just you wait...one day I`ll be coming! :laugh:

I just hopped on and ran with Akon out to the zone. I knocked myself down to about 40% and he finished me off. No loot, from me anyway. Still had the 1 dung in my inventory. Had a residue also just to have something in both categories. It was also still there at revive.

So I say no, the rule still exists. But you know how it is out there, weird things happen from time to time.

Not long ago, I was goofing off with someone out there, got 5 pks in a row with no loot from the loot pool. :/

Just happens I guess, I imagine either you had a little more health then you thought, or you were just one of those exceptions to the rule.

Anyway, hope you didn't loose to much! ( unless it was me that pked you and I've forgotten :p j/k )

-Bird

I can confirm that this is not the case, as I chased a guy for about 1.5km with a damned mulik-hir berserker on me. Made the kill @ 25% health, no loot. As far as being outside the zone, I have preiovusly been pked outside (while being hit from inside) and not been looted. All I can think of is that you had regenned just enough for them to do more damage to you than a mob. If you think you were looted incorrectly, send a support case to MA and ask them to check (they won’t be able to tell you the loot rules ofc).

gl

Nope, kill shot gets the loot.
I got hit for ~85% damage from a Mulaak, then finished off by Akon. At revival (the Mulaak got him) he showed me in trade the stuff he'd looted from me.

I thought it was the same loot rules as other mobs but found out the hard way that it isn't. If I'd known that before, I'd have kept the Mulaak between me and Akon.

Oh well, I know better for next time.

Nope, kill shot gets the loot.
I got hit for ~85% damage from a Mulaak, then finished off by Akon. At revival (the Mulaak got him) he showed me in trade the stuff he'd looted from me.

I thought it was the same loot rules as other mobs but found out the hard way that it isn't. If I'd known that before, I'd have kept the Mulaak between me and Akon.

Oh well, I know better for next time.

What was:
The damage the mulaakf gave you
The damage akon gave you

Seems it is dynamic.

I distinctly remember during WoF purposely running about with between 25 and 40% health shooting Mulmuns.

Got pk'd a few times and lost no loot, even when the shooter got the kill shot (soandso killed Spike with a bloodybiggunV7)

If this has changed to killshot gets loot regardless of how many HP% damage dealt, it sharpens things up a bit in there :laugh:

What was:
The damage the mulaakf gave you
The damage akon gave you
90-100 pts.
No idea but more than 35.

It was a week or two ago now and I didn't make a note of it at the time.

it seems in some situation you can get loot from people under 50%, happend a few time these last day, tryed it with gavin but it didnt work

Hi,

Thank you for your report. If an animal does more damage to the player then the player killing him/her then there will be no loot. This is a know "trick" to survive in the PVP areas.

If this was your issue then it's is not a bug, it's a feature.

We are sorry if we misunderstood you, if we did then please reply here and we will look into it further.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Last edited:
Can it be that your HP went down due to hits from different mobs?

For example:

Mob A takes away 20% of your HP, then you kill it off or another mob joins the fun or something, and then:

Mob B takes away 20% of your HP
Mob C takes away 20% of your HP

A player appears on your radar and takes away the remaining 40% of your HP.

In the above scenario (countless of % variations possible ofc) the player would still be the one that did most damage, hence will receive your loot.

EDITED: a mate checked it, 70% dmg from mob and 30% from a gd and he got looted.

Last edited:
Back