FYI: Q&A with Support: Private Data vs. Third Parties

endermigne

Elite
Society
The White Dots
ender endermigne migne
In case you always knew or you don't care, there are other threads for you... Thanks for understanding.

I opened a support case about various questions that ran through my head when the voice-chat-system came out. Despite it took them two weeks to answer, here are my questions and their answers.

I need to say that I was referring to the line "You agree that we may forward you personal information to the Independent Service Provider for any purpose relating to your subscription for the Voice Communication Services, including without limitations billing issues." in the terms of use for the voice-chat-system.

Q1: Does that mean that if I don't subscribe to the voice-chat that you won't send my personal data to Ericsson?

A: No personal data that you have provided or registered is forwarded to Ericsson before you accept the additional Terms of Use.

Q2: since to my knowledge Ericsson currently is the only third party, do you send my personal information to anyone else?

A: As stated in our Privacy Policy we might send any relevant personal information to other parties providing services via Entropia Universe. Example for such are MindArk’s Planet Partners whose planet you have visited, and payments providers you use.

Q3: what happens if another service provider participates, will there be a similar line in the EULA for each such provider?

A: Our Privacy Policy regulates all disclosures of user’s personal information to third parties and will generally apply to all new service providers whose services will be added in the future to Entropia Universe. In such cases where additional user terms will be necessary, as in the case of the voice communication services, we might add to such specific user terms further clarification on the same.

Q4: does the quoted line only affect the situation with Ericsson or does it imply more?

A: For the voice chat services it only affects the services provided by Ericsson. Please refer to our privacy policy for further information as with regards to other service or goods providers available through Entropia Universe.

Beyond here most is about the pop-up "By confirming this dialog you hereby agree to subscribe to the voice-chat system...":

Q5: does clicking "Yes" send personal data to Ericsson already?

A: Please refer to our answer above.

Q6: the pop-up seems to always appear even though players already declined it. How do I turn it off? I mean I won't click "Yes" just because I "hate" the pop-up.

A: This was a bug and has now been fixed.

Q7: as said above, only moving the PEDs from the PED-card to the voice-chat system seems to initiate the voice-chat system. How does that affect sending personal data to Ericsson?

A: This does not affect sending personal data to Ericsson.

Q8: are the personal data of depositors (i.e. the ones with the automatic free month) sent to Ericsson automatically since they subscribed to it without knowing or no chance to decline it?

A: As above.

Q9: what is the required way to avoid the sending of personal data to Ericsson?

A: If you click “no” on the Voice communication services terms of use you will not subscribe to the service, thus no information that you have provided or registered will be sent to Ericsson.

Not regarding voice-chat:

Q10: which personal data do planet partners get from us?

A: Any data which might be considered relevant for provision of services by planet partner, including the activities and features available on the planet itself. This currently applies to your name, e-mail and home address.

Q11: what is the required way to avoid the sending of personal data to planet partners?

A: As soon as you register as a user on a new planet or using a new planet (by entering such planet) some relevant personal data is sent to the applicable planet partner. If you do not wish any of your personal data to be sent to any other entity but MindArk or First Planet Company you may choose not to visit any other planet within Entropia Universe. Please notice that your personal data is protected by the same Privacy Policy regardless of which planet you visit

Feel free to discuss. :)

Why does each planet partner need my personal details if I only visit their planet if MA manages all the accounts :scratch2:

All they need to know is that my avatar was there and nothing else until an issue arises.

How is the data transfered to the relevent companies? Fully encrypted and held on a server behind several protection layers with all accesses logged or unencrypted on a CD sent in the post like the UK tax office :(

why the hell do they need my home address if i visit a planet partner

they comming to kick my ass if i bad mouth them in chat :scratch2:

Why does each planet partner need my personal details if I only visit their planet if MA manages all the accounts
so they can sell it or use it... If I recall, quite a few months ago Neverdie sent out something that seemed an awful lot like an unsolicited email... There was some mention of it on this forum somewhere. I don't have time to do a search for the particular thread at the moment though.

Back