Q1: Wasted money and ressources for failed side projects

Witchblade0815

Stalker
Society
Planet Express
Sarah Witchblade0815 Pezzini
If you sum up all the wasted money and ressources for failed side projects like Compets, DeepToken etc. …

Don't you think a booth/presence of Entropia Universe at E3 or Gamescom would have been a way better investment instead ?

In hindsight, of course we would have chosen different areas to focus our resources and energy, but that does not necessarily mean that undertaking any specific project was a mistake at the time.

However, MindArk has renewed its commitment to focus its resources exclusively on Entropia Universe for the foreseeable future.

However, MindArk has renewed its commitment to focus its resources exclusively on Entropia Universe for the foreseeable future.

Thats an awesome and really satisfying news, focus on the game.
Many thanks form my side !!!!

And I applaud that

:thumbup:

In hindsight, of course we would have chosen different areas to focus our resources and energy, but that does not necessarily mean that undertaking any specific project was a mistake at the time.

While i appreciate the refocused commitment towards EU, kindly do understand the idea of either COMPET or DEEPTOKEN was not an ill conceived one. What failed majorly is the execution of the project.

Compet - As per my opinion you went after a market you have no clue about ( mobile gaming) with expertise you did not have ( mobile technology, outsourced yes but that is always a gamble and can get expensive fast) and forgot to use the only thing you had ( playerbase). Compet deeds was not enough motivation to keep the game alive or people invested. Had the focus of Compet been to connect the app with EU to begin with, leveraging the current user base instead of seeking a completely different playerbase, I feel the results would have been different. This is not a hindsight thought but something i told everyone i knew or discussed the topic with from day 1.

DeepToken - Besides concept release and perhaps contacting a few big investors ( against the whole crypto/blockchain philosophy itself) you did nothing. There was no chatter anywhere of note in the crypto world of the existence/release of the coin. You failed to use the resource you had again ( playerbase many of who were pretty influential in the cryptouniverse) to act as affiliates or use other affiliates to bring into the system.

An idea is nothing without the execution. I do have a positive feeling though about the current team @ MA based on recent activities and actions being performed. Kindly continue to focus on EU and i am sure things can turn around pretty well.

Cheers,

Divinity

I think a lot of the community will be happy to hear this, many was getting really fed up with your side projects.

Back