Question2 on Amps

yasic

Old
Yaroslav Yasic Naumenko
I understand that an amp does damage up to 1/2 the damage of the weapon itself. Is this 1/2 of the maxium damage of the weapon or 1/2 the maxium damage you can do?

Also, is this of total damage, or is it divided into the types of damage you do.

For instance, my gun, a Svempa S40 does (1 imp and 8 pen). If I add a 1 imp and 1 pen amp to it, will it now do (2 imp and 9 pen) or (1.5 imp and 9 pen)?

I understand that an amp does damage up to 1/2 the damage of the weapon itself. Is this 1/2 of the maxium damage of the weapon or 1/2 the maxium damage you can do?

Also, is this of total damage, or is it divided into the types of damage you do.

For instance, my gun, a Svempa S40 does (1 imp and 8 pen). If I add a 1 imp and 1 pen amp to it, will it now do (2 imp and 9 pen) or (1.5 imp and 9 pen)?

An amp adds to the max damage the weapon can do.

It makes no difference what type of damage, so we can ignore impact, penetration burn etc, when looking at the effect the amp has. ;)

For example:
Take a weapon that does 100 damage.
You get an average of 50.
Add an amp that does an extra 5 damage.

The amp ads to your average, So as you used to get an average of 50 (50% of the weapons damage) you will now get an average of 52.5 damage, which is 50% of the weapons new max of 105.

Dorsai, you meant 50% min dmg, right? But as said before - amp adds its max dmg to the weapons max dmg. Ofc max average dmg is 75%.

Dorsai, you meant 50% min dmg, right? But as said before - amp adds its max dmg to the weapons max dmg. Ofc max average dmg is 75%.

No, I just meant it as an example, not real numbers relating to a real weapon.

It makes no difference what type of damage, so we can ignore impact, penetration burn etc, when looking at the effect the amp has. ;)

It makes a difference in PvP.

Amps have specific damage types in the same way weapons do, e.g. a Beast does 2 Impact and 17 Penetration damage maximum.

It makes a difference in PvP.

Amps have specific damage types in the same way weapons do, e.g. a Beast does 2 Impact and 17 Penetration damage maximum.

It makes a difference if one is giving an example, or being specific...

"A dog had a bone, he walked over a bridge, looked into the water, and saw a dog with a bigger bone, he barked at the other dog. As he opened his mouth to bark he dropping his bone, and lost it in the water. The other dog was his reflection." An example.

The actual size of the bone (your gun) , the river (your amp) , the speed of the water (your ammo consumption) are not relevant.

50% of 100 is 50, 50% of 105 is 52.5 How much effect the 50 or 52.5 has is a completely different (and not asked) question. ;)

as i understand it you also have to have maxed the weapon to get the max available from the amp.

Back