RAM High Voltage

Stony

Guardian
Society
Sweden Web Rangers
Tony Stony Hell
Hello again, im here with new problems with my computer!

My RAM is on 50% all the time and i have no clue why..

Do i have to downclock them or something?

I don't know exactly what you mean, but the RAM, the memory in your computer, should be using power 100% of the time when it is powered on. Your RAM can not remember what is stored inside it, and so it needs a kick all the time to keep it refreshed, and that is why it uses power.
If your computer is turned off, and still uses power for RAM, it is likely that it is in standy-mode, and not turned off, so that when you press the power-button, you can continue where you left.
This also requires operating-system-support and drivers, and also support from the BIOS, the program that controls the motherboard. So, make sure all these are up to date, and that your settings are so that you turn off the computer when you do not need it.
Especially with vista for example, if you click start->off, it will not go off, but go in standby, and you have to click the arrow next to it, to select turn off from a list.

I don't know exactly what you mean, but the RAM, the memory in your computer, should be using power 100% of the time when it is powered on. Your RAM can not remember what is stored inside it, and so it needs a kick all the time to keep it refreshed, and that is why it uses power.
If your computer is turned off, and still uses power for RAM, it is likely that it is in standy-mode, and not turned off, so that when you press the power-button, you can continue where you left.
This also requires operating-system-support and drivers, and also support from the BIOS, the program that controls the motherboard. So, make sure all these are up to date, and that your settings are so that you turn off the computer when you do not need it.
Especially with vista for example, if you click start->off, it will not go off, but go in standby, and you have to click the arrow next to it, to select turn off from a list.

Look at the upper right corner.. it shows 57% now

Hello,

I think, if I remember Vista's Sidebar tools correctly this means Vista is using 57% of the available RAM - so no problem at all as long as your machine has enough RAM (2gb or more)

GL in EU

PS: funny Desktop picture you have ;)

Back