Re ONE Forum for All

Scotsrobbie

Mature
Society
All Great of the EU
Robert Robster Morgan
:wtg:
Guys and Girls, One Question on my mind. Why cant we have one Forum for all the planets combined.???

I like to go on the forums but i have to log into each one and this is taking in a lot of time.

Is it possible or am i just dreaming???, If Dreaming, What is the best forum to be in??

Help me out guys, or am i the only one:yup::yup::yup::yup:

Would be nice.

Add in a planet section for each area, and walla. But the website name wouldnt work for this case.

Before planets, that USED to be the case. EntropiaForum.com was the main forum, period. However, eventually that forum (as it contained the largest data RE: Calypso) was bought and reformed into this forum, which is meant for Calypso (and neighboring asteroids, stations, etc.) only. The other planets make and run their own forums. EntropiaForum.com was remade into a all-planet forum, but it's having trouble gathering mass readership.

While each planet partner must live or die by their own ability to get players (old and new) on their own planets, you'll just have to get used to the idea that each planet is a sub-game, connected together with other sub-games.

Which game you wanna play?

I would not mind this as long as it is possible to choose which planets you will see stuff from. And even then, people would post in the wrong sections and wrong planets, etc.

Remember that the planets are supposed to be seperate in many ways too, not only tied together.

I understand that, but if there is a particular thread/post you want to keep track of you should be able to conect to only one forum and be able to read all threads and posts that you subscribe to.

Not just that you get rep and EFD in forums, this should be able to pass onto other forums as and when you get more, or am i wrong here???:)

I understand that, but if there is a particular thread/post you want to keep track of you should be able to conect to only one forum and be able to read all threads and posts that you subscribe to.

Not just that you get rep and EFD in forums, this should be able to pass onto other forums as and when you get more, or am i wrong here???:)

Well, it would be nice to order a Burger King burger and McDonald fries + Pepsi all in one spot, but that ain't gonna happen.

(For those ready to point to the "we deliver any food" services to prove me wrong, simply understand the point I'm making. Thanks. :))

Its an idea thats all, after all thats what the forum is for:lolup:

...after all thats what the forum is for:lolup:

Oh don't misunderstand me. I'm not discouraging thoughts and ideas. However I don't have to agree with all of them either. :)

Oh don't misunderstand me. I'm not discouraging thoughts and ideas. However I don't have to agree with all of them either. :)

But what about EFD and rep, do you not think it should carry on from forum to forum??

Well, it would be nice to order a Burger King burger and McDonald fries + Pepsi all in one spot, but that ain't gonna happen.

(For those ready to point to the "we deliver any food" services to prove me wrong, simply understand the point I'm making. Thanks. :))

^^^^

I want to hear more about this we deliver any food service. We don't have those where i'm from, I never even heard about it till right this second. They exist?????? :eyecrazy:

But what about EFD and rep, do you not think it should carry on from forum to forum??

Nah, let each forum have it´s own celebs. Repsystem can be abit twisted. Cant answer about the EFD though.

Nah, let each forum have it´s own celebs. Repsystem can be abit twisted. Cant answer about the EFD though.

I have reposted this on Entropiaforum, just to compare both. Ok the rep system might not be much, but if an avatar is a complete twat on one forum, and an angel in another then surely it would make sense for his rep to go both up and down. Ok the EFD might not mean much to some people, but to others it might.

Before planets, that USED to be the case. EntropiaForum.com was the main forum, period. However, eventually that forum (as it contained the largest data RE: Calypso) was bought and reformed into this forum, which is meant for Calypso (and neighboring asteroids, stations, etc.) only. The other planets make and run their own forums. EntropiaForum.com was remade into a all-planet forum, but it's having trouble gathering mass readership.

While each planet partner must live or die by their own ability to get players (old and new) on their own planets, you'll just have to get used to the idea that each planet is a sub-game, connected together with other sub-games.

Which game you wanna play?
yeah, entropiaforum.com is where the mass of the community signed up...

planetcalypsoforum.com moved all our accounts and all the threads and posts we created here (pretty much against our will, we had no vote or say in the matter)... Once we were all relocated, new planets were locked out of the main hub, left to fend for themselves!

I think it's pretty lame that planetcalypsoforum.com took the community and doesn't share with the new planets! planetcalypsoforum.com did not build this forum, they bought it! Now entropiaforum.com (where this community originated and all planet content is welcomed), cannot rebuild what they originally created, and all the other planet's forums can't compete either!

I think it's just greedy! I never wanted my account and all the posts and threads I made at entropiaforum.com to be moved here! And I don't want to try to follow separate forums for separate planets, and I'm probably not the only one that thinks this way!

planetcalypsoforum.com has over 10x the members list of entropiaforum.com...
it should be the other way around! :wise:

planetcalypsoforum.com did not build this forum, they bought it!

Yes, go complain to SDS for making that deal.

Oh, wait. They failed to pay the bill and reneged on the whole thing. :(

I don't like the way things ended up any more than you do. However, it is what it is. And with MA going the planet route, it will never go back to "the good ole days" for us forum users.

Which brings us right back on topic. How good am I? :eyecrazy:

Greets.

I had started this thread earlier (but some mod moved it into a dead end section of the forums :mad:).

A consolidated LOGIN for all current and future Planet Partners.

This method only lets you login from a "common" portal - and then bounces you off to each planet partner's forum sites. This method also prevents ID theft.

Back