Refurbished HEART Rank VI: 150% Heal Buff

Yeah I grit my teeth and paid the auction price for the bones, having only 50 or so in storage. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I had more than enough bone-in-meat in storage to cover the full amount needed, though. I looted those doing (mainly) the tide claw mission.

Could sell some of both of those if someone wants to find me in game.

PS HATE HATE HATE the fact that they nuked my memories of the map and where mobs are found. New map isn't nearly as interesting and polished as the original. I spent half the night running around getting TPs and trying to find the damn Paneleon Weak. Even after asking in chat several times I only got one response, and it it lead me to the middle of a city with no paneleon to be seen.

After that frustration and considering I still resent the changes to Calypso map after all these years, I expect I'm not going to hang around on Cyrene after finishing this mission.

It seems you had some bad luck Doer. I've been at cyrene for three months now and I really enjoy the community there. The recent update has thrown things around a bit bit I find that people are really helpful. There are also pretty up to date maps on the web with locations of interest are marked out.

By the way, I might be interested in some bone in meat.

17.79 heal/pec = better eco then 15.56 which is the eco of S.I. HEART

misread the specs on entropedia..

because it shows Heal/PEC: 11.86 HP

then shows different when you read specs on item (I had pulled up the list of tools that's why..)

ok.. not garbage :p

.....with 150% heal buff

does that mean that adding a heal enhancer (the one that makes heal stronger)
would in turn make the fap more economical... as every enhancer is also acting at 150% capability..

Last edited:
would in turn make the fap more economical... as every enhancer is also acting at 150% capability..

Stays on same hpp

misread the specs on entropedia..

because it shows Heal/PEC: 11.86 HP

then shows different when you read specs on item (I had pulled up the list of tools that's why..)

ok.. not garbage :p

.....with 150% heal buff

Read the description on Entropedia. I have added the item and stats but Entropedia CAN'T handle this new 150% effect...

Setting max heals at 24 and starting interval at 18... it auto calulates the heal/sec to 7.0 and eco to 11.86...

Obviously there should be possibility to somehow include the 150% effect (extra 50% heals than it actually has) but there isn't and since entropedia has no real admin it will not change anytime soon - so its not possible to add this effect. I could set max heal to 36 and starting interval to 27 and then it would show heal/sec and eco good but then its a bit missleading too ;).

So i added this additional eco and heal/sec calulations in item description itself: <click>

PS: its first item with this problem...

Falagor
:bandit:

You could add a second listing to wiki with the 150% stats and call it:

Refurbished H.E.A.R.T. Rank VI (@150%)

Read the description on Entropedia. I have added the item and stats but Entropedia CAN'T handle this new 150% effect...

It's not so much that Entropedia can't handle it, it's more that the way the stats are listed in the item makes no sense whatsoever, and are not consistent with other over time items.

It should say the heal is 27-36 with 33.33% over time.

You could add a second listing to wiki with the 150% stats and call it:

Refurbished H.E.A.R.T. Rank VI (@150%)

Good idea! will do that :)...

It's not so much that Entropedia can't handle it, it's more that the way the stats are listed in the item makes no sense whatsoever, and are not consistent with other over time items.

It should say the heal is 27-36 with 33.33% over time.

Sadly this woudl mean you woudl get:
17.8-23.7 with first instant heal after use and then rest over time.

150% seems like a bug since this value shoudl NEVER be over 100% ;)... and probably should be just 50% making the fap 7heal/sec and 11.xx eco... it would actually stand in line with other ranks...

@edit - aded as slither sugested ;).

Falagor

The buff seems perfectly logical to me: it simply increases the base amount of heals and spreads it over 5 seconds. Just because there hasn't been another buff like it, does not lead me to believe its a bug.

Plus it's only slightly more economical than a regular HEART fap. If the buff was a bug and the eco was lower it would make less sense to me: considering the time and cost involved in acquiring this fap compared to the original.

Sadly this woudl mean you woudl get:
17.8-23.7 with first instant heal after use and then rest over time.

Right yes... 27-36 with 100% over time then, does that make more sense?

Right yes... 27-36 with 100% over time then, does that make more sense?

Indeed - that would make sense ;).

@edit:
it "might" have been clever way of sliping this item through MA verification process probably ;). Seems as above Oleg post item would work exactly the same as it is now but mayby it could not go through the MA verification ;).

Falagor

27-36 with 100% does not make any more sense than 12-24 with 150%, the result is the same.

Last edited:
Maybe with the higher max heal and 100% instead of 150% they would have had to raise the skill requirement to meet MA guidelines?

Maybe with the higher max heal and 100% instead of 150% they would have had to raise the skill requirement to meet MA guidelines?

Could well be. Looking at the requirement level of faps:

Last edited:
So after reading this post I used a sleip to get to Cyrene, found the mission NPC, got the mission and it was instantly aborted. That + every NPC I get close to gives an error. And then every mob I kill gives two errors. I give up and I didn't even collect a single bone...
(repair didn't work either.) Well done Cyrene, I knew there was a reason I lived on Arkadia...

So after reading this post I used a sleip to get to Cyrene, found the mission NPC, got the mission and it was instantly aborted. That + every NPC I get close to gives an error. And then every mob I kill gives two errors. I give up and I didn't even collect a single bone...
(repair didn't work either.) Well done Cyrene, I knew there was a reason I lived on Arkadia...

Abandon those missions:
Mang Chang iron
Rhino Beetle iron

At least one of them is causing the errors... abandoning and retaking solves all the problems :).

IF you have some kills done for the missions an yo uwant to keep them - first contact with support and wait patiently before abandoning.

Falagor

Yes, that worked, thank you Falagor. (I deleted all the iron missions. Just came to Cyrene for the FAP)

The same way 100% is. The buff has additional Strength, that is all.

The 'Effect Over Time' buff has three aspects: Type, Strength, and Duration. The Strength aspect can be set to anything the designer of the tool desires. But, if the Strength aspect is set under 100%, then the rest of the heal needs to be provided at the start of the action. But, I see no issue with the Strength setting being set to over 100%, and it would seems Mindark does not either, as it's been implemented by a planet partner and works as intended.

But the point of the % is that the fap heals a total of x HP, of which a certain % is done not instantly but over a certain period following it. In this case % is used in the context of a portion of a whole, so can't logically exceed 100%.

To look at it another way: on this fap, what meaning does the number 24 have? The answer is none.

But the point of the % is that the fap heals a total of x HP, of which a certain % is done not instantly but over a certain period following it. In this case % is used in the context of a portion of a whole, so can't logically exceed 100%.

To look at it another way: on this fap, what meaning does the number 24 have? The answer is none.

Well, that is the way 'Effect Over Time' has been implemented so far.

Last edited:
Yes, that worked, thank you Falagor. (I deleted all the iron missions. Just came to Cyrene for the FAP)

Yup, I had the same bug after the previous VU. I forgot which of the missions I cancelled, as there are so many on Cyrene.

Why they configured it 12-24 and 150% I would guess is the reason Xen gave: to lower the recommended level.

If that's true then it'll just end up getting changed eventually and people will yet again get pissed off about Cyrene screwing up their item stats.

I checked the decay on this. Then double and triple checked this.

1 click decays EXACTLY 1.750 pec.

Entropedia has been accordingly updated. With this decay, Eff. Heal is 18.00 :D

I have checked every FAP in this chain from I to VI, and all the previous ones have the correct decay listed.

For those who want to know, here is the procedure for measuring decay on account bound Items

1 - buy ammo to bring PED card to one pec less than an even number (e.g. 99.99 ped).

2 - Sell Units of 10 ammo (0.1 pec), 1 ammo (0.01 pec) and nova/fruit/etc... (0.001 pec) to bring your ped card to an EXACT even number (e.g. 100.00000 ped).

3 - Decay item once, then repair.

4 - Repeat step 2 (selling ammo and then nova/fruit/etc... to bring back to the even number). This amount is the decay.

For those who want to know, here is the procedure for measuring decay on account bound Items

1 - buy ammo to bring PED card to one pec less than an even number (e.g. 99.99 ped).

2 - Sell Units of 10 ammo (0.1 pec), 1 ammo (0.01 pec) and nova/fruit/etc... (0.001 pec) to bring your ped card to an EXACT even number (e.g. 100.00000 ped).

4 - Repeat step 2 (selling ammo and then nova/fruit/etc... to bring back to the even number). This amount is the decay.

Great tip. You should post this in it's own thread so it's easier to find.

I have checked every FAP in this chain from I to VI, and all the previous ones have the correct decay listed.

K thx for that - i might have misscounted one use - its possible of course.

But i heard that using repair sometimes "steals" so not sure ifits 100% accurate method - thats what i just heard and not tested myself yet. If its just rumors then this method is great though :). Good job.

Falagor

K thx for that - i might have misscounted one use - its possible of course.

But i heard that using repair sometimes "steals" so not sure ifits 100% accurate method - thats what i just heard and not tested myself yet. If its just rumors then this method is great though :). Good job.

Falagor

I think the misconception occurs because the ped card only shows pecs, but the actual value is millipec.
As a noob, I thought the Vivo T1 could be used once and repaired for free (as decay is less than 1 pec). So, as a young whippersnapper, I would use once, repair, use once more, repair again, and so on :dunce:

To be certain, I make my ped card even, by selling nova until it clicks over to a new pec (99.99 to 100.00) before I decay and repair. This allows me to know the exact value of my ped card first. After that, all amounts can be measured up to the millipec.

edit: I will also try 100 clicks to confirm with a second method

Thanks for the decay test, I'll update the OP. Let's see what tomorrow brings with the Cyrene patch, and if this fap's buff is a bug or not :)

Back