News: Release is Taking Longer than Expected

I worked for a software company for about 10 years quite sometime ago. We used a product called SourceSafe. This produce kept all the code from the previous WORKING version. When we did a release and if it was not working as expected we would use the code we had stored in SourceSafe to roll back to the previous version and then fix the new code. None of our customers were down for more that an hour or so at the most. I don's think it is still available but I would think there some new software that could do the same thing,
Any given CVS has that. With releases, branching and all.

Typically you'd also (temporarily) back up the currently released version before a deployment.

It may get complicated, though, when you had to update an external dependency (e.g., a database), something breaks and you have to reverse that. That can put the shit and the fan really close together...

Sure, just post the link here after you upload.
not sure if this allowed.
But in case you didn't know, just add .com to it and you're good to go! :handjob:

in last 3 years (maybe more) ... almost every update had an' or more' issues .... looks like MIndark is out of a 'quality provider' on the www. gaming market ... :(

The Company Making 164 Millions On 2020 Till 2021 Still Cannot Resolve Update Problem & Bad Loot So Sad . . . :ROFLMAO:
Even bigger companies cant resolve those issues its not isolated to EU lmfao

RELEASE 17.9.0
In this new and exciting release we will do exactly what we have done for the last few years
1. Change the skin texture on a few mobs
2. Update a few mission chains
3. Fix a random issue no one cares about

What happened to a major space update?
Why are fees still being collected for intergalactic auction transport, yet there still is no transport mission chain to collect these fees?
Why are all the housing estates dead, the best we got were a few Snugs?
Why was farming not integrated into many systems...just one or two blueprints
Why after the collapse of Compet, are pets still pretty much useless? Why no expansion on their function?
Why is Arkadia no longer allowed to drop UL armour parts in the Golden door?...it has been years
Why no State of the Universe address, where is the game going?
What happened to the new community PR person?

Actually I have been out of programming just about that long. It there not a similar products available now ?
Apparently you decided to not read my comment. That's OK.

Apparently you decided to not read my comment. That's OK.
I did miss it, sorry. It just seems to take longer now than when I was working as a programmer. Thanks for the info.

Back