Suggestion: Remove P2P trading

This will undoubtedly be unpopular for many because it would remove the ability for rentals (until MindArk implements their contract system with UE5), however it would be healthy for the game moving forward and help reignite Societies.

Remove P2P trades. No more forum selling, no more spamming chat channels. Force everyone to use the Auction and open up another 70 listings for everyone (100 total).

Keep P2P trading for Society Members only thereby creating incentive for Societies to exist.

I would also suggest removing the ~0.50PED initial fee for most auctions with a value of 5PED or less to allow new players the ability to list their small stacks.

Another added benefit is price discovery will take place where there is tracked price data.

Thank you, let the 🔥 begin.

would also suggest removing the ~0.50PED initial fee for most auctions with a value of 5PED or less to allow new players the ability to list their small stacks.
This is the only thing that we all can agree on. The rest I ignored because it was stupid.

You think you’re creating a benefit to societies, but you’re doing the opposite.

People will just leave their society and join another when they need to sell something.

This would hurt societies (which don’t matter anyway) more than help them.

Last edited:
You think you’re creating a benefit to societies, but you’re doing the opposite.

People will just leave their society and join another when they need to sell something.

This would hurt societies (which don’t matter anyway) more than help them.
That can also be curbed by imposing a time limit between when you leave a society and when you join one...

Or you know, societies will soon curb the ease of which they accept new members.

That can also be curbed by imposing a time limit between when you leave a society and when you join one...
So hurting a post twen economy more? No thanks
Or you know, societies will soon curb the ease of which they accept new members
Why would they do that? Why would they actively hurt their soc mates and the economy just in the name of Don Tureto “Family”

So hurting a post twen economy more? No thanks

Why would they do that? Why would they actively hurt their soc mates and the economy just in the name of Don Tureto “Family”

Societies are exclusive, as are the ranks within them. They're meant to be a "Family" / "Business" organization.

Is this actually planned? I may have missed some bits of information.
https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bu...10/what-is-entropia-universe-unreal/index.xml

"Build trade networks and contract other users to work for you."
  • Contract system: inter-user contracts to harness user labor as well as NPC corporate contracts (i.e. 'missions')

I'm speculating a bit but the functionality will be available to allow it.

Is this actually planned? I may have missed some bits of information.
It's only in some people's imagination, it's a feature nobody needs and it's better they spend that time for some more instances with unique mechanics

Reactions: San
How this will help anything but a dead soc format?
Good resellers/big crafters will chew and spit casuals on the AH based only on orders/listings.

Last edited:
It's only in some people's imagination, it's a feature nobody needs and it's better they spend that time for some more instances with unique mechanics
They announced this system in an official post some time ago, so if anyone imagined this, it's the developers. We also don't know what exactly they have in mind, so it's too early to judge if players want this or not. In theory, it could be a system where you can hire others to hunt for you, which would set the stage for the complete removal of botting, unless they plan to introduce autohunting as a feature with EU5. So many unknowns.

They announced this system in an official post some time ago, so if anyone imagined this, it's the developers. We also don't know what exactly they have in mind, so it's too early to judge if players want this or not. In theory, it could be a system where you can hire others to hunt for you, which would set the stage for the complete removal of botting, unless they plan to introduce autohunting as a feature with EU5. So many unknowns.
Good luck getting economy started with rental universe

If we are going to remove core mechanics, why not to start with walking and running. A player that walks around instead of shooting doesn't contribute to economy. Just give a dropdown menu at login, "hunting > select mob > press F to continue". It will also come handy when the core playerbase become too infirm for active gameplay.

What you said is complete abberation, maybe the essence of the ideea could have a good part but....the trading in societies has no logic behind it, also it would not reflect reality since it is only normal for people to trade with each other happens in real life and pretty much in every MMO that is out there also if fee for smaller stacks would be inexistent, what would stop players to make 100 small stacks just to 'escape' the auction fee?

What you said is complete abberation, maybe the essence of the ideea could have a good part but....the trading in societies has no logic behind it, also it would not reflect reality since it is only normal for people to trade with each other happens in real life and pretty much in every MMO that is out there also if fee for smaller stacks would be inexistent, what would stop players to make 100 small stacks just to 'escape' the auction fee?
If this is supposed to mimic real life, lootable PVP would be enabled everywhere and you'd have to go through months long investigation and year long trials to solve who did it.

Don't be silly.

Also, who's buying those stacks? There is still % fee charged.

I would also suggest removing the ~0.50PED initial fee for most auctions with a value of 5PED or less to allow new players the ability to list their small stacks.
This is a good idea, most people would like that. Could it cause lags in the auction system due to the extra listings, who knows.

As for the rest, it's hard to say, this system can be exploited and it's unclear what you're trying to solve. Yeah guild mechanics need a rehaul, the RCE element does imply several limitations though, right now the game is better geared towards lone wolfs or "family" avatars if you knwo what I mean.

expected uproar.
the part around price discovery is valid. gives us cleaner data points and a proper history.

https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bu...10/what-is-entropia-universe-unreal/index.xml

"Build trade networks and contract other users to work for you."
  • Contract system: inter-user contracts to harness user labor as well as NPC corporate contracts (i.e. 'missions')

I'm speculating a bit but the functionality will be available to allow it.
Ah ok, that part I remember. It is indeed speculative whether this includes temporary item transfers. For reasons already discussed several times, I rather hope this will not be the case.

It’s a bad idea overall I think, but yeah it could work for loot etc. I get what you are trying to do if I don’t agree with it.

don’t know how the fuck you are expected to sell your 300k nano blade though… we don’t all sit with hundreds of thousands of PED liquid ready to snap shit off auction. Oh and better hope nobody else snipes that matching Trauma 5 that goes with it while you are consolidating your funds. Let’s not get started on the splitting up of armour sets..

Just the values of higher end gear alone makes the auction system mostly unsuitable for trading these types of items.

If they remove P2P trade to remove rental of items, but at the same time allow P2P trade in societies,
what stops those who share a gun today from creating a society and do P2P trade there?

I do agree MA needs to do something when it comes to trading, but not by removing P2P.
Way too many situations that will be effected, e.g giving away furniture, clothes, items and
so on fo free.
They could redo fees for auction, remove the 0,50ped for resources, materials, consumables,
and keep it for items like guns, tools, weapons and so on.

Problem in EU is that we have too many "investors", so when these kind of people buy shops,
shopkeepers and similar they refuse to sell them when their shop buisness fails, they aren't able to
adjust and adapt and create new ways to run the shop/business.
We need new alternatives and I do have an idea for it, will drop it as soon as I'm finished with the
concept. :p

Reactions: San
It’s a bad idea overall I think, but yeah it could work for loot etc. I get what you are trying to do if I don’t agree with it.

don’t know how the fuck you are expected to sell your 300k nano blade though… we don’t all sit with hundreds of thousands of PED liquid ready to snap shit off auction. Oh and better hope nobody else snipes that matching Trauma 5 that goes with it while you are consolidating your funds. Let’s not get started on the splitting up of armour sets..

Just the values of higher end gear alone makes the auction system mostly unsuitable for trading these types of items.
Not all PEDs are tied up in gear and it would take time to decouple to peds from the markup values. You'd need to find buyers before your purchases. There still is the option for gear trades in Societies, as mentioned.

Sadly though with the current population of Entropia, you make a good point. Finding buyers is hard enough as it is now, good luck doing so with less trading options.

Having tracked price discovery and reviving societies is still something to consider. I'm sure the Auction could be reworked to facilitate packages (armor, weapon/amp, etc) and thus track prices through, hopefully a Portable Auction terminal.

Back