Request - MA marketing notes #1

girtsn

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
Girts Smilgs Niedra
As MA releasing developer notes (which made people leave), maybe time for marketing department notes?
I have 2 questions I'm sure quite a lot of people are willing to ask:
  1. Where is the marketing campaign for 3M$ or so? It was promised with the CLDs. And don't tell us the FaceBook application consumed the money and needs more :D
  2. How are Planet Partners interested to promote the game if there is no way for them to hold on to the new players? (For example, how can they compete with say Eomon & LT event which always happens on Caly?)

Last edited:
I approve of this post.

There is one problem with this kind of posts, it will never get enough replies to be looked at by MA. Since there is no content that is offending, lying or otherwise encouraging forum trolls to do their job and bring it to 20 pages+.
Maybe we need another method to indicate that we approve this or that post as a community? Something like "MA please react on this" button?

MA, since you started giving us dev notes, either to enlighten us or to misslead us, please spam us with marketing information now also, so we can have 100+ pages topics discussing given information

Already I feel like I wana quit the game based on info you gaved so far, why not give more so I can make my decision easier?:)

There is one problem with this kind of posts, it will never get enough replies to be looked at by MA. Since there is no content that is offending, lying or otherwise encouraging forum trolls to do their job and bring it to 20 pages+.
Maybe we need another method to indicate that we approve this or that post as a community? Something like "MA please react on this" button?

Well to help out ... bump

Meanwhile::Willy the Calypso news reporter sencing an uprising quickly heads to MA head quarters to get thier responce to the suggestion that thier advertising campain has been seen by the paying community as more fluff! But upon arriving he quickly spots the sign on the door-> Closed :On Vacation till September!

i must agree, with all the above posts. Dev notes made everyone mad myself included. And we are still waiting for that swarm of new players to come and stay and play and spend decay.err um i mean peds.

If there truely isnt a personal loot pool u had better hurry up and develop one MA.

I think you just want ppl to bump.. so you get more EFD :silly2:

damn... I fell for it too....

Bump for more players in my universe!

I'll give you a bump, in hope for a reaction...

Bump bump.

Marketing is a hot issue. So... $3mio for Crone to run advertising?

Need to find out what majority thinks about such in general.

I could support with a poll.

Let me know.

Greets,

Solo

my opinion

I like they gave dev notes and it has helped me tons actualy I'm doing better now then before now that i have some info to go on. The People that quit is fine with me means more loot for me :) If you can't adjust then well quit but for me i staying i doing much better now that i know a bit how this all works. i would like to know how they doing the marketing though cause i sure don't see any more new players than before on average

They are marketing, just on the most random, non- popular sites. I will deposit $10 when I see a google advert....

Ads would be nice to see, info would be good to have

this game shouldnt be advertised with record sales and sensational things saying you can earn peds for free.

I think this is the biggest mistake mindark has made.

Do some real advertising, pay a real firm to do it

no player contests with land areas in the pot.

and while you are at it, make the game cheaper to play which will make it interesting for a broader playerbase.

my two pecs, I´m so sorry to see this game going down

better not advertise much until they get the deposit system problems going on recently fixed 100% of the way... Really stupid to advertise asking people to play and deposit only to not allow them to do so because the damn system is broken.

Same goes for the other systems in game that have gone missing a long time... and all the bugs/exploits, etc. Get the taming fixed. Get all the exploits mentioned on this forum, ef, and any of the other forums fixed... USE THE CASH FROM THE CLDS to do those fixes ASAP! once all that is resolved, then possibly think about advertising a little. Don't drop one penny on an ad til all that is fixed first.

Put in the voting booths and let those with the CLDs start voting on where the priority should be ASAP.

Last edited:
They are marketing, just on the most random, non- popular sites. I will deposit $10 when I see a google advert....

This

Eve online basically hunted me down to the point where I accidently clicked on their button and was like "hey i mite try this"

I.

Its a bit too litle and bit too late for that.

this game shouldnt be advertised with record sales and sensational things saying you can earn peds for free.

I think this is the biggest mistake mindark has made.

Do some real advertising, pay a real firm to do it

no player contests with land areas in the pot.

and while you are at it, make the game cheaper to play which will make it interesting for a broader playerbase.

my two pecs, I´m so sorry to see this game going down

I like they gave dev notes and it has helped me tons actualy I'm doing better now then before now that i have some info to go on. The People that quit is fine with me means more loot for me :) If you can't adjust then well quit but for me i staying i doing much better now that i know a bit how this all works. i would like to know how they doing the marketing though cause i sure don't see any more new players than before on average

Guys, dont miss this, this is a great example to see how a *not very smart man* thinks.... Its a pitty that a lot like him are in EU, they think that if we leave, that they will have more loot :)

Yes Please

I too would like to see some of these.

So bringing this thread up :)

Bumping the thread as i would also like to know......and no more shite attempts at advertising

TV ad campaign, one short one in the USA would probably double the population over night (even though that isnt that difficult to double, the active population i mean)

Rgds

Ace

Bumping the thread as i would also like to know......and no more shite attempts at advertising

TV ad campaign, one short one in the USA would probably double the population over night (even though that isnt that difficult to double, the active population i mean)

Rgds

Ace

just throwing some random TV campaign at the problem they have is not going to solve anything imho, they need a plan, a multi-year plan, with targets set, professionals from the outside hired to look at the whole of EU from a marketing perspective, starting with the product itself and its problems with player retention and customer satisfaction. Then when they have the product right they can start the serious job of marketing EU, spending 5-10% of turnover, targeted specifically at the customer they need, once/if they then manage to grow EU to a size where the only way forward with growth is TV then they should move to advertising using this medium, and only when they have the infrastructure in place to deal with a influx of customers on this scale to prevent overload. The product as it is now is not even geared at a mass audience of the type that get their information on games from tv in my opinion. Let alone from advertising on TV.
If you look at eve online for example, i dont think they needed TV advertising to grow their operation to the size it is today. Blizzard only started their TV campaign for wow when the product was already hugely popular and their room for growth via "traditional" methods used to attract gamers by gaming companies were exhausted.

bump - super kame guru approves.

Back