Resolution too high!

ogpauly

Young
My default resolution is 800x600, but i cant run the game at that resolution nor can i set it to run on windowed... help?

Set your OS default resolution higher.

tried that, when i set it to like 980x600 or whatever its too wide and 1024x786 or whatever goes off the screen and leaves most of the screen black

wtf? If I'm not mistaken, 1024 x 786 is the minimum setting to play EU. You may have the aspect ratio on your screen wrong if it messes up that badly when you set the resolution to that.

wtf? If I'm not mistaken, 1024 x 786 is the minimum setting to play EU. You may have the aspect ratio on your screen wrong if it messes up that badly when you set the resolution to that.

nope, it always does that... dont know why.
my screen is a NEC Multisync LCD 1530V running on a geforce 7350LE...

I looked up that model and it looks widescreen (kinda). That could be why 1024 x 768 doesn't work right. I'm telling you that 1024 x 768 is the minimum resolution for EU though.

Maybe you should try 1280 x 768.

I looked up that model and it looks widescreen (kinda). That could be why 1024 x 768 doesn't work right. I'm telling you that 1024 x 768 is the minimum resolution for EU though.

i already did... i tried changing it to 1280 x 768 and it got half the screen black, then i tried changing the resolution and then opening up the game and it went more to the left... so now i had like half my screen black and like an inch on the top was black

humm, the NEC Multisync LCD 1530V is 15.1 inch TFT screen with a native resolution of 1024 x 768.

You either have the monitor badly calibrated, or it is malfunctioning.

When you have it at 800*600 does the image occupy the whole screen?

nope, it always does that... dont know why.
my screen is a NEC Multisync LCD 1530V running on a geforce 7350LE...

This one?

"...standard 1,024 x 768 resolution, the 14.6-inch high x 14.6-inch wide x 6.3-inch deep NEC monitor has a 75Hz maximum refresh rate.."

Check that refresh rate is set at 75Hz and also check the settings on monitor itself.

This one?

"...standard 1,024 x 768 resolution, the 14.6-inch high x 14.6-inch wide x 6.3-inch deep NEC monitor has a 75Hz maximum refresh rate.."

Check that refresh rate is set at 75Hz and also check the settings on monitor itself.

hmmm... its 75 Hz refresh... 800x800 occupies the whole screen

Umm unless I am crazy I am playing at 800x600.

I've been wrong before. That doesn't change you being crazy though. :laugh:

edit: I just checked in the options and it won't let me select anything below 1024 x 768. Maybe your options are different?

Make sure you have the monitor drivers for windows, and not the generic laptop 800x600 or something like that.

OK, it's more of a definition file than a driver, but it'll tell windows what modes your monitor is supposed to be capable of.

If after making sure the correct driver is installed and it doesn't work, it may be new monitor time.

Another "maybe": Is the display card driver set to output the desktop video to the S-video or composite video jacks? Turn that off if so.

AG

weeee :rolleyes:

You can change to pretty much any resolution by editing the registry.

Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MindArk\Project Entropia

Under that key you have a few others where you can custom modify a few settings.

Edit the keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MindArk\Project Entropia\Display\FullscreenHeight
to 600

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MindArk\Project Entropia\Display\FullscreenWidth to 800

Don't forget to change to decimal base, in the radio buttons next to the input box, before writing those values there.

weeee :rolleyes:

You can change to pretty much any resolution by editing the registry.

Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MindArk\Project Entropia

Under that key you have a few others where you can custom modify a few settings.

Edit the keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MindArk\Project Entropia\Display\FullscreenHeight
to 600

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MindArk\Project Entropia\Display\FullscreenWidth to 800

Don't forget to change to decimal base, in the radio buttons next to the input box, before writing those values there.

woops, i think i modded the height for 600 and width to 800 lol... let me try now

Last edited:
Back