Rextelum

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
index.php

Rextelum

Description

The Rextelum was until recently thought to be extinct however a healthy population was located on a small island northeast of Amethera by Governor Jamesons expedition. This massive creature is currently the largest arthropod known to science and it is speculated that its sheer size is what keeps it safe from the many aerial predators known to frequent the island. It feeds mostly on smaller creatures such as the Sabakuma which it kills by dissolving its thick husk with acid from its stinger.

Creature Type

Animal

Damage Type

To add
Source: To add

Maturities

MaturityLHealthDamageAgiIntPsyStaStr
Weak221580Large1802135158500
Watcher241710Large2252237171535
Soldier261900Great2702339190570
Strong312400Great3402441240600
Ravager362730Great3852543273650
Devastator413200Huge4402645320700
Hunter473480Huge4902747348770
Chaser533920Huge5502849392800
Majestic614280Immense6002951428880
Queen734900Immense6353053490970
Marauder
935300Immense66035705301100
Slayer
1436000Immense70040856001300
The Sand King
2322950000Immense850600320950003500

Locations

PlanetLon.Lat.MaturityDensityNotesVerified
Calypso3717859710Weak to The Sand KingHigh'The Oasis' Wave Event20-Feb-15

Missions

Mission NameObjectiveReward
The Apprentice Rextelum FighterKill Rextelum worth 600 pointsCourage (1.10)
The Capable Rextelum FighterKill Rextelum worth 3000 pointsHandgun (8.10)
The Expert Rextelum FighterKill Rextelum worth 6000 pointsFirst Aid (5.31)
The Supreme Rextelum FighterKill Rextelum worth 30000 pointsMelee Combat (16.00)
The Entropia Master Rextelum FighterKill Rextelum worth 60000 pointsStamina (100) + Longblades (168.50) / Stamina (100) + Inflict Ranged Damage (111.00) / Stamina (100) + Evade (55.42) / Longblades (194.10) / Inflict Ranged Damage (127.50) / Evade (63.75)

MaturityMission Points
Weak6
Watcher7
Soldier8
Strong9
Ravager10
Devastator11
Hunter12
Chaser13
Majestic14
Queen
Marauder
Slayer
The Sand King

Miscellaneous

Link to Entropedia
Archived Bestiary information

Rextelum were rebalanced in Planet Calypso Update 2012.6, December 2012. Some data from before this update may be inaccurate.

Last edited:
Reserved...

The Creatures section is currently under construction and this process will take some time to complete. The work is being done by volunteers with limited time, so please bear with us while we add the data. If you can provide any information that is currently missing, please post in the thread to let us know.

While this construction period is ongoing, you will be able to access the old Bestiary section which is archived in a sub-forum of the Creatures section. Each mob thread in Creatures contains a link to the relevant Bestiary thread and to the Entropedia page, so if you are looking for information that isn't yet available in the Creatures thread, please use the links provided at the bottom of the first post in the thread.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
Can someone recommend a decent armor set up for low maturity - hits no more than 20 - thx

My choice there is Viceroy & Pulsar 8. Or Gremlin if you prefer, the difference is marginal. You get a bit more than 20 damage when the acid sting hits, but it happens not so often and with the basic acid protection they don't kill me anymore even with a crit. P8 over 5b for better eco still after increased markup, and the elevated cut protection really helps.

A clip I made on my stream how you activate the Oasis wave spawn which comes with the Sand King.
It is a nice change that you activate it on demand and get timer and everything, but it was confusing that it had changed :laugh:

(interact with the statue...)

I have been hunting these for a few years now and I just can't seem to get to grips with the damage types. I have read up on everything and have established there are 2 separate attacks the main attack and the tail attack. So main attack is Impact Cut Stab (% not clear) and the tail attack is penetration / acid with the tail attack being less frequent. I have tried all combinations of armour I have and I have to concur with previous posters, viceroy / gremlin with 5b or pulsar 8 works best if you don't want the expense of Perseus which seems like overkill on the lower maturity of these mobs.

On another note I had a theory when I first started hunting these that the tail attack was somewhat negated if you placed your avatar very close to the mob, inside the pincer movement and actually inside the mob. This seems to be not quite the same since loot 2.0 or may have been my imagination in the first place.

All I want is a reasonable armour to hunt these things in

I have been hunting these for a few years now and I just can't seem to get to grips with the damage types. I have read up on everything and have established there are 2 separate attacks the main attack and the tail attack. So main attack is Impact Cut Stab (% not clear) and the tail attack is penetration / acid with the tail attack being less frequent. I have tried all combinations of armour I have and I have to concur with previous posters, viceroy / gremlin with 5b or pulsar 8 works best if you don't want the expense of Perseus which seems like overkill on the lower maturity of these mobs.

On another note I had a theory when I first started hunting these that the tail attack was somewhat negated if you placed your avatar very close to the mob, inside the pincer movement and actually inside the mob. This seems to be not quite the same since loot 2.0 or may have been my imagination in the first place.

All I want is a reasonable armour to hunt these things in

I did some old tests which are here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?218424-Rextelum-damage-tests

But then MA rebalanced the mob as detailed in VU notes here: www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?235633-Planet-calypso-content-release-2012-6

If you combine those two it looks like the main attack is approx. 60% Cut, 20% Impact, 20% Stab (based on the VU notes) and the tail attack (which is less frequent) is some combination of Acid, Impact, Penetration and Stab (based on my tests + VU notes).

That doesn't give a fully confirmed answer on this (which is why it hasn't been put in the OP) but should be a good basis for further tests, if anyone feels inclined.

Whatever the %s are, you're looking at 5 different attack types so the all-rounder armours are going to be the most useful.

If you want to use L armour take a look at some of the cyrene stuff, they have some nice L armour over there and it's underrated and underpriced imo.

Some of it is only available for purchase from traders after completing certain missions but others, like Ozpyn Beetle (L) can be looted.

Availability can be a problem though. Not because it doesn't drop, but because caly players often ignore it in auction so players stop listing it. Next time I loot some I'll put it in auction or my shop, but I'm not currently hunting the mobs that drop it much.

These currently have terrible auto aim move to target problems.

Back