Question: Robbed when depositing?

Ned Flanders

Guardian
So I made a larger deposit to buy a UL weapon, but ever since I did I am bleeding out peds.

I do 400ped rounds and get an average 65-70% return, I broke even 1 out of 10 rounds and that was due to markup and luck. I know it's not my setup, since I shift between a lot of mobs and my setup is eco, so it is not the decay it is the actual loot I get.

My question is, does your return get lowered when you deposit? (I know no one can confirm it but have you made similar observations)

I max the weapon and it isn't overkill on the mobs I hunt.

Really bothers me since I keep my spirit up and think, it's ok next round will be better and I still end up with the same poor return.

I can't say loot is better or worse after a deposit. What weapon/amp/enhancers are you talk about and what are your prefered mobs to hunt ?

As bigger the mobs become as more peds must be cycled to get accurate return rates. On mobs that regenerate the proper dps can make the difference between horrible and barely ok returns. 400 Ped ammo runs are not that big

I dont know who throw the 90% return rates into the floor but my average returns are around the numbers you provided. I have no doubts some people can do way better but i think you are not the minority getting that kind of returns in tt.

If you got an decent UL Sib Gun it will safe you monney in the long run compared to people that need to pay markup for a new L gun, not mentioning dont need to be afraid that your prefered gun is not in auction :) You also dont need to worry about skills anymore. If you probably thought all it need is a ul sib gun to break even im afraid that plan isn't water proof

Weapon: Lc-100 UL, with A104 amps
Armor: Gremlin, with 5b or 6a when needed
Fap: Herb box, don't need anything better atm

I mainly hunt: Drone, Longu, Atrox, Feffoid (taking turns on each one since I got mission for each one).

I do 400ped runs because that's how long my 2 amps last with the LC-100.

Might invest in a third amp and go on 600ped rounds to try and balance out the return, but on these mobs I don't think 400ped is too "short".

Last edited:
If you got an decent UL Sib Gun it will safe you monney in the long run compared to people that need to pay markup for a new L gun, not mentioning dont need to be afraid that your prefered gun is not in auction :) You also dont need to worry about skills anymore. If you probably thought all it need is a ul sib gun to break even im afraid that plan isn't water proof

I didn't, but I did expect my losses to be decreased, since I don't have to buy L weapons for MU and because the LC-100 has really good DPP with a A104 (or better) amp

So I made a larger deposit to buy a UL weapon, but ever since I did I am bleeding out peds.

I do 400ped rounds and get an average 65-70% return, I broke even 1 out of 10 rounds and that was due to markup and luck. I know it's not my setup, since I shift between a lot of mobs and my setup is eco, so it is not the decay it is the actual loot I get.

My question is, does your return get lowered when you deposit? (I know no one can confirm it but have you made similar observations)

I max the weapon and it isn't overkill on the mobs I hunt.

Really bothers me since I keep my spirit up and think, it's ok next round will be better and I still end up with the same poor return.

I have experienced better loot after deposit, so probably it is just dynamic loot as always.

My loot is notably better for a while after deposits, but I think it's just a coincidence :)

Well I guess I'll have to accept that I'm having a bad periood.. Oh well maybe I'll loot a imk2 TEN to make up for it (hint hint MA)

The lack of loot doesn't change due to deposits or withdrawals.
It's simply always lacking.

I have had bad returns on anything <2k hp lately and although the logical side of my brain tells me its just luck and loot swings, the conspiracy side of my brain tells me that MA doesn't want me hunting below my lvl anymore.

If you have the bank roll to support it, maybe try 2k hp mobs for a week and see if it changes anything?

I'd guess about 2/3 times after a depo, my loot improves... sometimes no noticeable change...

always though, there's ups and downs...

I don't log my returns with spreadsheets, I kinda take it run by run and add it up at the repair terminal after...

it's never consistent for me, always "dynamic"!

I do notice more often my loot always seems to be crap during events like Mayhem though! :broke:
(maybe take a break for a week or 2?... that usually seems to even me out)

I think u suffer penalty for using not calypso gun on calypso mob ( or caly gun on other planet )

usually after deposit i get first run small profit and after that its a dive with 50-60% returns i really think that more u depo the worse ur loot gets cant explain it better while comparing my loots with non depositors

I'd guess about 2/3 times after a depo, my loot improves... sometimes no noticeable change...

always though, there's ups and downs...

I don't log my returns with spreadsheets, I kinda take it run by run and add it up at the repair terminal after...

it's never consistent for me, always "dynamic"!

I do notice more often my loot always seems to be crap during events like Mayhem though! :broke:
(maybe take a break for a week or 2?... that usually seems to even me out)

and ive noticed this also.. and theres been events like 6 months now in row.. on the 1-2 day cap on the feffox mayhem and shared feffox i actually had the best day of year 2013.. but now its crap again coz event event

Is this a real thing?

Also the LC-100 is a Caly weapon

Hard to say exactly, but i was making some test with native cally melee weapons on rocktropia ( at exarosaur farm ) and compared to similar turnover on calypso with same mob. Excluding taxes resuts were worse up to 20 %, but my sample could be low (around 2K big exas - i was hunting for few neckbones )

At same time i asked support about it, but they don't want answer ( as usual :/ ) anything useful - just regular "we will forward that blah,blah, blah...stay tuned "

Hard to say exactly, but i was making some test with native cally melee weapons on rocktropia ( at exarosaur farm ) and compared to similar turnover on calypso with same mob. Excluding taxes resuts were worse up to 20 %, but my sample could be low (around 2K big exas - i was hunting for few neckbones )

At same time i asked support about it, but they don't want answer ( as usual :/ ) anything useful - just regular "we will forward that blah,blah, blah...stay tuned "

Interesting, this could be a reason why my flash visits to Arkadia and Cyrene with my ofc Caly bought weapons (cheaper there than at Ark and Cyrene most of the time, limited guns ofc), has always resulted very badly. It was when arkadia was completely new I had my first "TT" profit run, on crafting after giving up hunting where I had HORRIBLE return rates compared to those at Caly... I hope it is just a coincidence

I have done very well on Rocktropia, Arkadia, Cyrene, and even NI with native Carly weapons as well as Ark weapons.
I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter.

Hi Ned,

it seems indeed to be the general trend, that after a deposit loot goes up for while.
But I do not think this is directly related to the deposit.

What I do know is this, size of a hunt doesn't matter at all, just another myth floating around the universe. Most of my hunts are 300ped or 500ped ammo. Tried those nice long 1k ped hunts, but didn't see any significant difference. With my 300 and 500ped hunts I am currently in the top 50 hunting list. If the myth was true, I shouldn't be there at all. Maybe it's because I cycle around 2k to 3k peds a day.

That said, loot goes up and down all the time, but in the end it seems to even out. Personally I make a little profit in the long run. Large deposits and purchases did have some impact, but again in the long run it works out. But what I do believe is that what, when and where you hunt, makes a difference.
Oh and the 90% myth ? Forget it, that one has never been proven.

I hope things improve for you soon, good luck. ;)

usually after deposit i get first run small profit and after that its a dive with 50-60% returns i really think that more u depo the worse ur loot gets cant explain it better while comparing my loots with non depositors

This ^^^

I had a thread on this somewhere too...I have depo'ed a ton, and usually do 10-20 depos a month of at least $100 per, so unless any of you people do that many depos a month, then you don't know what your talking about. To those that do depo like this, the pattern is obvious. When you depo $100-200 at a time, you lose it very quick if you go do anything right away. The system wants you to depo more. If I depo 500 say, and go out and hunt with a 4k ped balance on card (after buying ammo etc) Then my loot is a perfect 90% for loooong stretches. But if I let loot build up to sell for mu, or buy something cool, and my ped card dwindles, I get ready for the shit-loot that's coming. If the system knows you WILL depo if you run out of ped (which it clearly does, as any business would have a list of its sucker customers and act accordingly), and you are close to running out, or have less than 1k free ped available, then it just gives you shit loot until you depo again. FACT.

If a business will only survive due to depositors, then the business WILL find a way to make the deposits more common from the people it knows will freely deposit. Period. So ask yourself, what is the ONLY way for MA to do this?

And also I agree with Narfi...ask anyone who hunts on all the planets consistently...the planet you are on and the planet the gun is from does NOT make a difference. (I have cycled over 500k ped of ammo on other planets using primarily caly weapons...so has Narfi too I bet. Listen to us on this one...not to people who shot 3k and formed an opinion.)

Last edited:
It's fun how the human brain always are trying to connect dots that simply can't be connected :)

Note, commenting on general basis as I got no clue in this case :)

too bad there is not a Homer Simpson mob.

Good luck surviving this bad period.

Only deposit i remember that made me think that depo's matter was when i did a depo during a mining run, bomb after depo 2.5k hof, but it could just be one in a million or w/e.

Ps. This Machine? :)

Last edited:
Well, out of 4 hunting hofs that I ever had 3 happened on a depo day, and I deposit seldom enough (usually once a month or less) to exclude coincidence. On the other hand, when I made my biggest one-time 4-digits depo to buy CLDs, there weren't any hofs neither on the day nor in the months to follow :)

Well it was just an observation, might as well be the event, MA hating the simspons or something else... Kind of hard to build up your pedcard if MA eats up your monthly depo in a week

You can deposit all day long, it won't change anything except your total deposits.

This ^^^

I had a thread on this somewhere too...I have depo'ed a ton, and usually do 10-20 depos a month of at least $100 per, so unless any of you people do that many depos a month, then you don't know what your talking about.
Hmm... then, why wouldn't Smilgs ATH every other day? Wouldn't Stryker be hitting novas in every loot?

Depositing does not directly influence your loot.

ps: I have deposited more than enough to know.

This ^^^

I had a thread on this somewhere too...I have depo'ed a ton, and usually do 10-20 depos a month of at least $100 per, so unless any of you people do that many depos a month, then you don't know what your talking about. To those that do depo like this, the pattern is obvious. When you depo $100-200 at a time, you lose it very quick if you go do anything right away. The system wants you to depo more. If I depo 500 say, and go out and hunt with a 4k ped balance on card (after buying ammo etc) Then my loot is a perfect 90% for loooong stretches. But if I let loot build up to sell for mu, or buy something cool, and my ped card dwindles, I get ready for the shit-loot that's coming. If the system knows you WILL depo if you run out of ped (which it clearly does, as any business would have a list of its sucker customers and act accordingly), and you are close to running out, or have less than 1k free ped available, then it just gives you shit loot until you depo again. FACT.

about stacking loots to storage... seems im not alone in this either.. i do depo 100s of usd per month.. if i ever try to store loots to sell on decent amounts on MU in AH i can clearly see it on my loot that i have too much peds in storage.. i also think that in some cases its better to sell stuff to tt to be able to loot em in future hunt runs.. and the cherry on top of that im fucking 95% sure that the game calculates markup on loots.. i mean if u get something very low tt but very high MU.. ive had too much experience on this matter.. lost thousands of peds very quickly and then get a low tt loot with similar MU value to the losses lately.. and never see the tt return of those losses

You can deposit all day long, it won't change anything except your total deposits.

true dat.. if ur on MAs "this guy does depo, dont give him any loot" this doesnt make any change
but this fellow here havent put a dime to the game.. lets reward him with a big 6k mining hof.. oh yeah.. ive seen those alot during my 7 year journey...

and no i dont think i deserve anything above anyone else but for fuck sake.. if someone blasts 2k+ peds per day for years and never hits a tower.. then dozens of newbies hit tower on their first 100 dropped bomb.. wtf for real...

CLD holders took your loot ! MA has so many mouths to feed these days.

I depoed $2600 once, immediately traded that ped to another player.

30 min later, i got a 26k Elkarr scope hof.

Back