ROCTEC M1-LF blueprint

krazykat

Prowler
Cassandra Red Savage
What drops this BP? No info on wiki. I'd like to get hold of one, but there's no rush.

This is a (L)-Blueprint from Rocktropia.
Regularly appears at the auction at 7-8 ped/click, yesterday it seems to be.

This is a (L)-Blueprint from Rocktropia.
Regularly appears at the auction at 7-8 ped/click, yesterday it seems to be.
Thanks. None on AH at the moment though.

Appeared at the Calypso Auction right now (30 clicks). Apparently due to this topic.
70,000% MU. Either its not a very common drop or people are sitting on huge piles of them :rolleyes: I'm not inclined to pay that much for a 30 click BP

70,000% MU. Either its not a very common drop or people are sitting on huge piles of them :rolleyes: I'm not inclined to pay that much for a 30 click BP
This BP mu is closely equivalent to the current price of the [ROCTEC M1-LF Finder (L)]. With current MUs of BPs, Dianthus and Ignisium, there is almost no point in crafting yourself. Leave it for extravagant players. Let them fight among themselves for you. And just buy the cheapest at the auction. :)

This BP mu is closely equivalent to the current price of the [ROCTEC M1-LF Finder (L)]. With current MUs of BPs, Dianthus and Ignisium, there is almost no point in crafting yourself. Leave it for extravagant players. Let them fight among themselves for you. And just buy the cheapest at the auction. :)
I'm mainly a miner so I'll mine up my own Dianthus and Ignisium. No problem. I'll do a run sometime on demonic detector or excavator and see what I get BP wise. Should generate plenty of residue at least.

Mining your own resources doesnt make them cheaper.
Grinding yourself the BP doesnt make it cheaper either.
If you can sell to someone else, mats or an item, for better total margins, at a current state of the market, than the deal you are offering to yourself, it becomes an illusion of a profit.

If you can sell to someone else, mats or an item, for better total margins, at a current state of the market, than the deal you are offering to yourself, it becomes an illusion of a profit.
Not an issue. I'm not looking for profit. I get skills through the whole process (and a degree of satisfaction in doing it that way as well) and I'm intending to use the end result myself. Eventually.

In a static market this would be correct but in a dynamic market that includes time as an input you can't predict wether the opportunity is better one way or the other. You're assuming all conditions remain constant to show an outcome.

Just do the math and you'll see that if the goal to obtain an item can be done by collecting resources for 3-5 clicks of a BP where you sell the others for profit or having a BP drop while you craft other items you sell for profit it can often be worthwhile collecting the loot yourself.

In a static market this would be correct but in a dynamic market that includes time as an input you can't predict wether the opportunity is better one way or the other. You're assuming all conditions remain constant to show an outcome.

Just do the math and you'll see that if the goal to obtain an item can be done by collecting resources for 3-5 clicks of a BP where you sell the others for profit or having a BP drop while you craft other items you sell for profit it can often be worthwhile collecting the loot yourself.
All conditions are constant. Open the AH and take a note of the prices. Thats your value for this given time.
Everything else, like mats/item price changing in the future, possible side drops and their values, etc, cant be quantified, unless you pretend that you can see into the future.

Last edited:
This is exactly what I'm saying you're proposing.
No, im operating strictly over the info i have in hand as of right now. Mats in vs item out.

You are the one who is pretending to know where the market will be at the point you are finished gathering resources in order to:
1. Sell the surplus of items for asumed (by you) profit.
2. Sell potential side drops for asumed (by you) profit.

None of those can be quantified "to do the math". Anything can happen in between, you have no control over it and you cant predict it.
In other words: you are trying to judge the action by the quality of the outcome, not by the quality of the decision making.

Thats the core difference of crafting vs gambling.

Last edited:
No, im operating strictly over the info i have in hand as of right now. Mats in vs item out.

You're assuming the supply and demand and therefore the market price remains constant through time. This is incorrect and a bad assumption.

You are the one who is pretending to know where the market will be at the point you are finished gathering resources in order to:
1. Sell the surplus of items for asumed (by you) profit.
2. Sell potential side drops for asumed (by you) profit.

Anything you sell above TT value is profit. Whether it is profitable over the rake is another factor and over the long run, using the right gear and targeting the right areas mining it more often than not is profitable over the rake. I should have used better wording or explained it more in depth.

None of those can be quantified "to do the math". Anything can happen in between, you have no control over it and you cant predict it.
In other words: you are trying to judge the action by the quality of the outcome, not by the quality of the decision making.

Thats the core difference of crafting vs gambling.

It can all be quantified, formulated and produce a value against the rake. You can even include the skill gains if you want to get really into the depths of it.

I've done so myself, I have the data points. There's a right time to buy, there's a wrong time and then, even for the same item, it can fluctuate between the two. I've done the math. I have the data and formulas but I will not share them for free because they are literally an edge over 99% players.

The argument you're making for opportunity cost is fallible in many scenarios and shouldn't be used as a generalized argument to buy vs loot.

The bottom line is it is not always a better deal to buy off market than it is to loot it yourself. You're a fool if you think so.

Edit: Have you even tried to loot anything yourself?

Hunting Stats​

Favorite Mob: Kerberos
Highest Loot: 255 PED
Total Loot: 8 762 PED
Hunting Rank: NA. of 3 695

Mining Stats​

Favorite Mineral: Pyrite Stone
Highest Loot: 288 PED
Total Loot: 2 849 PED
Mining Rank: 546 of 1 247

Crafting Stats​

Favorite Item: Level 10 Finder Amplifier (L)
Highest Loot: 10 670 PED
Total Loot: 54 378 PED
Crafting Rank: 229 of 1 199

Last edited:
You're assuming the supply and demand and therefore the market price remains constant through time. This is incorrect and a bad assumption.
I dont assume anything. I already told you twice. Idk why you keep insisting.

Anything you sell above TT value is profit.
We might have a very different concept of profit then.

It can all be quantified, formulated and produce a value against the rake. You can even include the skill gains if you want to get really into the depths of it.

I've done so myself, have the data points and have built my edge. There's a right time to buy, there's a wrong time and then, even for the same item, it can fluctuate between the two.

The argument you're making for opportunity cost is fallible in many scenarios and shouldn't be used as a generalized argument to buy vs loot.

I've done the math and calculations. I have the data points and formulas but I will not share them for free because they are literally an edge over 99% players.

The bottom line is it is not always a better deal to buy off market than it is to loot it yourself. You're a fool if you think so.
You can pretend you have the info to calculate the true mean, but you dont. Only things you can quantify, as a user, is a "close enough" mean, which is really not that hard to figure out. And if the difference between crafting for profit, or not, has to rely on skill gain / possible lucky BP drop, you are gambling.

What you trying to do is to fit, desperately, the market into the item you are going to craft. Using timing for both: buying mats and selling the item.
If you would give the same treatement to the mats, you probably would end up with better overall margins.

Yes, its not always better to buy an item vs crafting it, but vice versa is also true, and will depend on what i already said before: current market conditions.

🤦‍♂️

It means you lack the experience. You don't know what you don't know.

Good luck out there.
You run from an argument.

Your crafting stats are inflated by shrapnel gambling and even then you have 1 page of globals over 2 years. Did you even craft the same amount of individual items i did?
Please, stop pretending.

Last edited:
You run from an argument.

Your crafting stats are inflated by shrapnel gambling. Did you even craft the same amount of individaul items i did?
You have 1 page of globals over 2 years. Please, stop pretending.
One Trick Mind

Aptly named. Just stop, you're in over your head and out of your league.

There's nothing personal. You just don't have the information to make a proper argument.
Do you have? With 20 crafting globals over 2 years? With 6 of them in gambling shrapnel and other few, like p20, with global on each success.
My logs, over last 2 months, seen more action.
Idk how high you think of yourself, but numbers dont care about it.

Last edited:
Do you have? With 20 crafting globals over 2 years? With 6 of them in gambling shrapnel and other few, like p20, with global on each success.
My logs, over last 2 months seen more action.
Idk how high you think of yourself, but numbers dont care about it.
Again making bad assumptions. You seem to not understand how time works.

I'm not going to share what took me countless hours to create, to the format, the recording the data building the formulas, etc just to win an argument when it's much more valuable than that.

Now stop, you're acting like a sniveling brat.

Again making bad assumptions. You seem to not understand how time works.

I'm not going to share what took me countless hours to create, to the format, the recording the data building the formulas, etc just to win an argument when it's much more valuable than that.

Now stop, you're acting like a sniveling brat.
My log is at 100k crafts. And i can read and interpret it properly vs someone who has troubles to understand basic concepts of gambling.
You can run away now. I will allow it =)

Back