Rule 3.6: Do Measles count as a controversial topic?

BenCoyote

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote
3.6 - Real-world Controversial Discussion
Discussion of real world politics, nationalism, religion, war, or other similarly controversial topics is NOT permitted or appropriate for this forum. Planet CalypsoForum, as the game, is a global community with players from many different countries around the world. Discussion of such topics often disrupts the forum community. Therefore, refrain from starting or participating in any such discussions, as they will be deleted from the forum without notice.

Humor is subjective provided it's all tongue in cheek.. unless you bite off your tongue. - Benjamin Ben Coyote

A humorous question just crossed my mind and this goes out to all the mods out there. (think of this as an opservation by a certain critic who has a sense of humor..)

(Believe me you'll either have a good laugh at this bit of twisted logic of humor...:laugh::lolup::wise::eyecrazy:
or.. you'll lock this thread thinking it violates rule 3.6.. so let's begin shall we?

Now Rule 3.6 says that we can not discuss topics real world politics, nationalism, religion, war, terrorism, cyber-terrorism, or other similarly contrived items that would be considered a disruption to the forums (and this probably inclues a ton of subject that include music, art literature, and yes even humor.

But in this case the fact is that the the topic is.. simple human biology.. and how we deal with it..

I'm referring to.. The common cold.. :lolup:

Wait, you're probably now thinking.. the common cold?

No, I'm referring to Communicable diseases..

You know.. the flu, chicken pox, whooping cough, measles.. (wait.. did I say measles? Oh right.. that's what this topic is all about.. the measles..

Sure lately the media has really hyped up communicable diseases like they're gonna kill you.. but you'd have a better chance of getting hit by a bus than catching the common cold....

Well.... not quite..

Seems that today everyone is just rude and well self centered.. and in fact the thing is people don't cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze.. and believe me, I've been on buses with people who are sicker than most animals.. (but hey remember.. this is human biology here.. we're supposed to get sick here..)

but let's get back to commuicable diseases...

yes the cold, the flu, and yes even the measles..

Everyone at one time or antoehr has gotten them.. heck I remember what a great gift I got for my 7th birthday.. and this was just before Christmas..

a case of Chicken pox... oh and for Chrimas I gave it to my older sister. but that was like.. 50 years ago?

But as of late, the media has really huped a lot of crap about communicable diseases (it's righ tup there with things like politics reltion, war, and all the stuff Rule 3.6 says's we're not supposd to talk about..

But then hey, we're playing Entropia Universe right? We can't pass diseas around through or avatars right? Great game right?

Well this is where the twisted logic begins..

Since rule 3.6 says we can't talk about anything topical that is in the news, I feel that it's only fair we shouldn't talk about "Bad Loot " on the forums either.. or scammers for that matter. Why? Well to be honest, it's like a communicable disease.. (See the lotgic here b oys and girls? No , well when one person talks about the mistake they made or the great hof or global they got, then that shows to me a sign of well being in a player.. they're not sick at all.. But you get those guys who complain about it a lot, and it kind of bugs me..

Cause to me it's like a communicable disease..

One person talks about "Bad loot" or a bad crafting run, or they complain about MA.. Sure some of us talk about ideas on how the game could be made better but that would be just like spreading around rumos and that too is a communicable disease. (Again the common cold, flu, or measles..)
and heaven forbid is we get someone talking about scammes.. that's like avian flu, swine flu, or even ebola..

So my question is.. Are commucable diseases allowed to violate rule 3.6 or not? cause if that's the case then the logic is this..

If you complain about bad loot, the thread should be locked..
if you complain about a scammer, the thread should be locked and no one should participate..

I mean the logic here is kind of infallible.. but then people need to be educated to know who's a scammer and who isn't... and they need to play smarter.. (Think of it as covering your mouth when you sneed or even blowing your nose and tossing the tissue away. And washing your hands of the bad loot? Well plenty of warm water and soap, not to mention a little alcohol (no not the kind you drink!, the kind that sings on an open wound..)

In short, clean minds, clean mouth, clean humor.. hey then that way we can't get sick right?

(WHoops just took my tmperatuere.. too hot.. Time to go dunk myself in a bucket of ice water..)

But hey this is all in jest and I hope it made you think.. (and if it did, then let's not talk about commuicable diseases.. let's not talk about bad loot either.. or scammers..

cause if you do, I'm sending you my doctor's bill.. (Just kidding!) :laugh:

oh and if you think this is an early April Fool's day Joke.. Maybe it is, or maybe I was just trolling, or maybe I'm dead serious.. and if I made you scratch your head and go, WTF is he talking about? well maybe then I put a cold ice bucket on someone else's head..

Think of it as a humorous gesture to make you laugh..

After all Laughter they say is the best medicine (and you know.. they are right about it.. My recommendation.. 2 doses of laughter, and plenty or rest, and fluids, oh and prunes.. plenty of prunes!):laugh::eyecrazy::lolup:

so really to the mods, can we talk about communicable diseases.. cause if it does violate rule 3.6, then please add it to your list of Do not talk subject.. and we'll keep everyone safe.. or you can just have a chuckle and scratch your head some more.. after ll if a coyote can't make you laugh, then there's something seriously wrong here.. and my advice is.. go see a doctor.. or better a yet a shrink..

Cause ot be honest, laughter is so far and few between in today's world.. people are just too darn serious.. Too darn focused on the money and above all too rude shrewd and prudes to enjoy a good laugh..

after all this was a test.. of the humor broadcast system.. if this had been an actual topic, you'd have been instructed to seek help immediately and to get some laugh therapy..

This concludes this test of the Humor broadcast sytem.. this was only .. a test (for all the mods and everyone else..(After all I don't want to sneeze on my keyboard, and.. Oh crud. Now I do have a cold.. so it's off to bed for me.. But mods, seriously consider everything I said, take it with a grain of salt, and above all, enjoy life, and if you do make measles a part of rule 3.6 you can also include bad loot and scammers.. okay deal?

that's it for now..Humorous rant over..:wise::lolup::laugh::eyecrazy:

(Oh, and before I forget, I switched out all the mod's coffee with Folger's rich blend.. let's see if they can notice the difference!):eyecrazy::laugh:

Benjamin Ben Coyote (and) "His_Dog_Spot"

Last edited:

(Oh, and before I forget, I switched out all the mod's coffee with Folger's rich blend.. let's see if they can notice the difference!):eyecrazy::laugh:

Is that like 'instant' coffee? *shudder*

I've no idea if it counts as a controversial topic.

Here are 16 spotty dogs:

16_dalmatians.jpg

:umn:

The 1961 Dalmoation Outbreak.. of measles.

I've no idea if it counts as a controversial topic.

Here are 16 spotty dogs:

16_dalmatians.jpg

:umn:

Well you forget about he 1961 outbreak where 17 spotted dogs got out and the result was that they portrayed this in a 1996 movie starting Glenn Close:

by the time Cruella DeVille (who I might add was the head of the British Health Services) got wind of this.. The amount had grown to 101 of these spotty dog measles cases..

and the rest is Disney History.. including the measles..:lolup::eyecrazy::wise::tongue2::laugh:

Benjamin Ben Coyote (and "his_Dog_Spot"

P.S. I'll explain the His dog Spot joke later..:lolup::laugh:;)
Cause this does relate ot Entropia Universe.

I felt that this was a good time to post one of my favourite pictures ;)

Have a nice day everyone!

Dirk

Back