FYI: Run time errors

yes, i got the same/similar error last night, just standing in auction. probably first crash since i reinstalled XP couple of weeks ago.

It's the standard reason for CTDs on XP.

Dunno why, but I blame MS for it. But then, I always blame MS...

Regards,
DD

Been getting it here and there also. Started several days ago. Not had it in the past, must be new, never seen it before and I've been playing for 3 yrs.

Most people will say it's something going on with your system. Don't think it has anything to do with our systems, else it would happen all the time when you tried to play, not just random as it is now.

Most the times for me it just happens when I'm standing doing nothing, or just have clicked on auction or the tt term.

Sigh, who knows.....

Taken from microsofts pages:

Calling a pure virtual function is a programming error, so you need to find the call to the pure virtual function and rewrite the code so it is not called.

So I guess it's nothing on our end.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749

Taken from microsofts pages:

Calling a pure virtual function is a programming error, so you need to find the call to the pure virtual function and rewrite the code so it is not called.

So I guess it's nothing on our end.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749

I had to laugh when I read this. Someone in MA needs to brush up on their coding skills from Uni ... specifically the part about abstract classes. ;)

I had to laugh when I read this. Someone in MA needs to brush up on their coding skills from Uni ... specifically the part about abstract classes. ;)

Take some classes on abstract classes... :rofl:

Regards,
DD

I'm getting the same thing since a day or two.
XP here ...and untill now i _never_ crashed.

Same here... same error, started yesterday.

One of the big ore buyers was complaining that he was getting it literally every 20-30 minutes.

Search / reading is your friend.. lol Sorry had to say it as this thread was on same page as your post, only about 12 threads down :

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/bug-reports/117074-run-time-errors.html#post1403613

There's info I got back from MA support there that I posted which wasn't much help. I wrote at that time I wasn't having the problem anymore. I did have it happen twice last night out of the blue againwhile in building at Fort Fury. Dunno what it is that's causing it for myself exactly.

Re-Started doing this again last night .... someone else started another thread on it too.

What MS Support says about this error:
CAUSE
This error occurs when your application indirectly calls a pure virtual member function in a context where a call to the function is not valid. In most cases, the compiler detects this and reports the error when building the application. But depending on how your code is written, sometimes the problem is detected only at run-time.

RESOLUTION

So support - how is any of the following supposed to fix this for me?
1) Please try again.
2) Please check that your systems meets our requirements (Start, Login & Connection FAQ in the Support section of the website.)
3) Create a new account and try again.
4) Please scan your computer for viruses.

So, will a few of you please write to support that is also having this problem for first times. Maybe if enough write they'll figure out... umm it's our code / bug. But who knows if they even know about it since their support 'update' information site sucks and they don't update it! :(

it keeps me crashing, technically i cant stay longer than 30-40 secs :mad:

Had a socmate with this issue yesterday...guy was totally annoyed...with just cause.

Seen my own fair share of PVC crashes. I suspect them to be tied to Entropia's use of Windows Media Player API's. Can't prove it yet, but I'm working on that.

Search / reading is your friend.. lol Sorry had to say it as this thread was on same page as your post, only about 12 threads down :

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/bug-reports/117074-run-time-errors.html#post1403613

There's info I got back from MA support there that I posted which wasn't much help. I wrote at that time I wasn't having the problem anymore. I did have it happen twice last night out of the blue againwhile in building at Fort Fury. Dunno what it is that's causing it for myself exactly.

i used the search just must had slept it wrong never mid... its seemed too have clamed down tonight not crashed once with that error, very strange..

I got that error quiet a few time today

sorry but i cant help myself but its quite funny i think...it seems ma develpers forgot to implement some function in client and they expect us to use it :) not that its extraordinary for ma

indeed!

when I first started getting this error, I ran to ask someone I know (who is good with this sort of thing) what it meant. I thought my operating system was broken.

he told me that it was a programming error in the EU client. further, he said that if they (MA) had bothered to turn the error checking on high enough when they made the program, they would have found it instantly.

so, what it means is that it was sloppy engineering. he called it: "unprofessional quaility control worthy of a first year student".

so, I guess nothing new over there in south western sweden. it does bother me a bit that something which should be so simple to avoid wasn't.

so its that simpel?
"Find the error, and fix the error, so you dont get an error anymore"

Wow.. Bill Gates is a genius! :silly2:

I've had this occasionally in the past. Only encountered it once recently though - yesterday whilst running up a mall staircase.

THere is a server down in 5 mins msg... maybe a mini update that will fix this

3) Create a new account and try again.

They actually tell you to try something they forbid in the EULA??

Ookaaaaaay! :rolleyes:

They actually tell you to try something they forbid in the EULA??

Ookaaaaaay! :rolleyes:

Yep, think that need some kind of Award for most stupid support response rofl. Having said that, it's apparent to me that the support person that got it didn't have a CLUE as to what I was telling them even though I gave the full error message. Umm support person.. if you don't know, find out from person next to you or better yet, look it up if needed.

so its that simpel?
"Find the error, and fix the error, so you dont get an error anymore"

Wow.. Bill Gates is a genius! :silly2:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

fingers crossed i dont get it any more,I ran registry check and malware, full virus scan etc did find some errors and with the mini update, so fingers crossed that all is sorted now :D

only time will tell

I have this error after any login try. 3 day without game :( Support say "wait and try tomorrow".

Umm support person.. if you don't know, find out from person next to you or better yet, look it up if needed.

Hey, Entropia Support person ...

Google it n00b!

;)

I have this error after any login try. 3 day without game :( Support say "wait and try tomorrow".

Really helpful support reply there :rolleyes: ooo wait, maybe a mini-patch is coming again tomorrow to secretly fix this issue which is supposedly a problem our end not theirs ;)

did find some errors and with the mini update

support case sent, will see what they come back with

No change after update. PE crash after login. Error message about virtual function call change to debug info send. No answers from support.

Wow not just me?

yeah I have this error all the time! Thought it was due to them changing up the engine bit by bit and that it was my low end gaphics card ... lol.
It stinks but I'm glad its not just me being faded out

Runtime error
R6025

ATI 9200 (400 below required minimum running speeds)

I did find that checking my wifes system that there were other SERVICES running in the background that were UNIDENTIFIED.. removed them and from the startups "MSCONFIG" and neither of us have the problem anymore.

EU conflict with other services running in the background? Another thing is if you have SPYBOT S&D, go into MSconfig and remove the Teatimer from the startups that also helps...

NOTE:Investigation: Perhaps these are user installed programs that are causing the conflict maybe compare a list of what your running and find the culprit. I know several of my freinds never get these errors and its probably due to other programs installed on your machine running in the background eating your virtual memory... Virtual memory eaten up? Screen and system crashes and dumps.

Last edited:
Had them several times, but ATM, I don't care that much.
There will be issues all the until CE2 is fully implemented, well, I guess
there will be "some" issues after too, but it's ok by me.
I'll start to do suppcases after CE2 is here... :)

Back