Scammer

Medokin

Mature
Society
Death Unlimited (Professional)
Leinad Medokin Iksnolbaj
Today I was going to sell 10k sweat when I buyer came to me and whanted to buy them for 65ped.
So we started the trade and he put the 65ped in the window and I put the 10k sweat in my window.
He accepted the trade and so did I, and just before we accepted the second time he managed to get the ped back in some way.

I know I should check the last accept window better but I need the ped kinda fast!

[Screens removed]

What shall I do! Can I get my sweat, or my ped back?
Please help me.:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
cant get neither..sorry for your loss mate:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that but i think you wont get your peds/sweat back :( he scammed you and MA would say "its your fault" :mad: or "eu is dynamic"

The only thing you can do is to write to MA and if you have the gold Card it helps but anyway its up to MA and its coolt that you have pics on it ( but where is the trader window ?? ) it can be agenst you.

Good luck with MA.

I noticed that I didn't got my ped after the trade so I didn't managed to get a screenie of the trade window :(

Sorry to see this happening to you but always check the trade window before the final click.Send a support ticket to MA and hope for the best,but they will be of little help in this matter I think.

Just to maybe state the obvious. But you do know the peds dont show up on your ped card when you make a deal right? You get peds in your inventory. Just... checking :)

Just to maybe state the obvious. But you do know the peds dont show up on your ped card when you make a deal right? You get peds in your inventory. Just... checking :)

The 1st Screenshot show the other person has removed all the items offered.

Sorry for your loss man :(
These kind of scums should get a good kick in the ass :mad:

I happened to be online when this happened to you, and got some screenshots. I am pretty sure we're not allowed to name scammers here, but at least it serves as a heads-up for those who are as yet unaware of this scam. It all comes down to, when trading be careful and take your time.

Sorry you were scammed.

Donald

P.S. As for the ss, all I really caught was you in local chat asking if anyone knew the alledged perpetrator to PM you at once. Oh well....

heh

[Deleted]

Forget the idiots "dynamic" or "your fault" crap, MA's response and warning and even written in game is that All Trades Are Final plain and simple. In other words, before you confirm the second time, make sure your not lagging and make sure the receipt window shows exactly what your giving and receiving. Sad that morality is not enforceable, but with so many scammers, MA has to absolve themself of responsibility or they might have to blow peds on hiring someone to investigate this stuff.

Now if you were one of the lifeless $1,000/month depositors who was stupid enough to be scammed, then another set of rules applies to you and they will investigate, locking and possibly banning the one who scammed you. Maybe they have this parallel to real life purposely, lol, two tiers of citizens and only if your First Class do you get First Class treatment. Otherwise, get to the back of the bus and watch your trades closely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should be able to do it, then other people will know that this guy may scam you.
And if he give me my stuff back or my peds then it will be cool, well I wont forgett what he have done to me but I will be glad if he gives me my stuff back!
So if anyone know this guy, just talk to him or something, I would appreciate it very much!

Another scammer, i've seen one every day now or heard about one.

Various things cvould be done though to aid in against these.
The clear button should get a confirmation message such as ' are you sure you wish to clear? That could help slow down removing items.

if no items are offered on either side, like in the scam a message should appear saying no items are offered by 'the other participant' and you need to click 'finish trade' or 'return to trade'.

I'm sure there are maybe better methods, besides informing everyone. Since situation like Medokin's.

I'll keep a look out for this guy though.

I just got a message from a guy who is helping me.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

So now he wants to get rid of the MY sweats! :(

Sorry to hear of your loss, I've had the "clear window" trick tried on me a few times as well, fortunately always unsuccessfully.

I really think Mindark should have coded it better or at least look into having something like this show up in the blue confirmation window

Your Trade
10k Sweat

Their Trade
NO ITEMS

And a confirmation box after saying "Are you sure you wish to give this item away" in a similar way to how you get a warning message when you attempt to drop something on the ground.

I would say I dont think it'll ever be implemented, but then again MA put the building names on the outside last month so who knows?

Well that totaly sucks my friend. However, since you gathered 10k sweat... meet me at the statue in PA in 5 minutes and ill give you 65 peds. You need em more than me atm, and ive had some fortune so far.. time to give some back :).

LOL i want some too A-bomb :D!!!! haha joking :ahh: thats very nice bomb! +rep for helping :silly2:

Well that totaly sucks my friend. However, since you gathered 10k sweat... meet me at the statue in PA in 5 minutes and ill give you 65 peds. You need em more than me atm, and ive had some fortune so far.. time to give some back :).

Thank you VERY much, I feel really appreciated and that was a really nice thing to do, there should be more people like you here in the world ;)

Haha peter :) I just felt really bad for the guy, and as i said to him i know how much 65 ped was to me when i just begun... and i didnt even sweat for them lol. Im just glad i could turn someones missery around.

I managed to chat with him but he is denying it totally and threathing me that he will report me to MA :S

Hehe, theres not alot for him to repport. Even tho trades are final and all that, id send MA the screenshots anyways and explain the situation. They probably wont do anything, but it would be fun if the one at support who got the case had a really bad day and actually did take some sort of action.

It would be so poetic to scam this scammer while he was trying to sell your sweats...

I was very sad when I saw what happened to you Medokin.
Noone deserves being scammed and especially no such a dedicated sweater as you definitely are.

Big thank you to A-Bomb !
I will write your name in my PE ASS notepad to not to forget how good person you are.

ps. Oh and Medokin don't forget to report that scumbag on euforces.com !

I was very sad when I saw what happened to you Medokin.
Noone deserves being scammed and especially no such a dedicated sweater as you definitely are.

Big thank you to A-Bomb !
I will write your name in my PE ASS notepad to not to forget how good person you are.

ps. Oh and Medokin don't forget to report that scumbag on euforces.com !

Im just glad i could make someones day better in an easy way. :)

Today was a bad day for me, and o good one too.
First when I was scammed of 65 ped when I was selling my 10k sweat, but that just brought all the nice people to life :D
First A-bomb told me that he was going to give me thouse 65 ped and he did, which I am really greatfull for, and I really MEAN that!
Then Xzion PMd me here in EF and told me to meat him in Twins, so I went there and guess what?
He accually gave me an Katsuichi Honor with a TT of 77.44 ped

I am truelly greatfull for both of you guys.
But it's still not funny to get scammed, I ran around for like 1-2h and was looking for that guy, but that didn't helpt. He just denied the hole thing!

Thanks for all support and help from everybody!

:wtg: cheers you. awsome that you let us know about this

Edit; your welcome, just remeber to avoid scammers in the future ^.^ or atleast try ;) and dubblecheck the trade window befor accepting :D

And i wanna thanks A-bomb for what he did, awsome done man :yay:

That does suck.
It should at least be cause to send a support case, as once one party has accepted a deal, I would think neither party should be allowed to make a change.

Perhaps I am missing something?
because of lag, the ped appears in the screen when that have already been removed, and the accept is clicked?

Anyway, I am glad it turned out OK for you.

A-Bomb and Xzion, I would buy you a beer, but we are in different continents, so consider this a virtual beer - :beerchug:

Just doing my part in trying to create a friendlier society.

And im glad what seemed to be a shitty day turned out awesome for ya. Take the blade you got to the scammers :) Pretty damn nice of ya to give a sword away man.

You know A-bomb ... you fucking rule.
[/end pyrate appreciation]

Back