Info: Scope & Laser attachments test

One thing that seems odd is that the Korss has a higher decay than the p5a. It seems to me it should be the other way around? Could you also give the TT value of the skillgains? (assuming you have included markup in the current figures)

It was an ironic answer to GullyFoyle since he asked me how I calculated the skillgains while not hitting the target. I would like someone to prove that you actually do get skills when missing and not experiencing lags or such. Thats a hard one, eh?

In my recent test of scope/lasers on L weapons, out of 1000 shots I had 3 shots with a skillgain but no recorded damage. It is, as you say, impossible to know if those were real misses that received a skillgain, or (as I have thought since I first noticed them) actual hits that were somehow eaten by the server before they could deal damage. It for sure wasn't just lag, though.

Here's the formula for expected hitrate by HA:
avg hitrate=[(HA*0.011+.80)*100%]
So your hitrate with UL gun and no modifications should be (3.2*.011+.8)*100%, or 83.5%. Your scope/laser skillmod of 58% would increase your HA to 5.056, for an expected hitrate of 85.56%.

At least in records I have kept, I often have variation in skillgains of 10% on similar sized runs as you report. Thus it will be very difficult to notice a 2% increase in skills coming from your improved hitrate. You could count your hits if you want to test whether your hitrate is improved at all by the skillmod. This has been tested before, and expected gains were noticed on UL guns. But more testing never hurts!

In my recent test of scope/lasers on L weapons, out of 1000 shots I had 3 shots with a skillgain but no recorded damage. It is, as you say, impossible to know if those were real misses that received a skillgain, or (as I have thought since I first noticed them) actual hits that were somehow eaten by the server before they could deal damage. It for sure wasn't just lag, though.

Here's the formula for expected hitrate by HA:
avg hitrate=[(HA*0.011+.80)*100%]
So your hitrate with UL gun and no modifications should be (3.2*.011+.8)*100%, or 83.5%. Your scope/laser skillmod of 58% would increase your HA to 5.056, for an expected hitrate of 85.56%.

At least in records I have kept, I often have variation in skillgains of 10% on similar sized runs as you report. Thus it will be very difficult to notice a 2% increase in skills coming from your improved hitrate. You could count your hits if you want to test whether your hitrate is improved at all by the skillmod. This has been tested before, and expected gains were noticed on UL guns. But more testing never hurts!

Thats really informative, thank you very much!

oh and Gully Foyle, I'm sorry for sounding harsch. It is none of my intentions.

I will redo this test, twice as long if so needed, so please come with all your ideas about what to record and keep track of meanwhile!

Some ideas to the new test added in first post at the bottom.

Its a lot to keep track of and it will be hard work, but nothing is impossible.

Please give me some ideas of what to include in the test!

Hi

I have seen delayed skill gain messages but that has always been when dmg messages are also delayed. So I don't think that there is a case when skill gains are delayed with out you knowing off it. This is by no means an proof just an observation....

/Dendron

Yes you get skills from missing, so counting hit % with skill gain % is terrible idea

I wonder how much this affects studies like this:

The more skills you have, the slower they come. The more tests you do, the more skills you have.

so: Let's say you do this test and are level 20 laser sniper, your skills will increase at a certain rate.

You continue testing, and your skills reach say, level 25 laser sniper. By now, your skills will be increasing at a slower rate, theoretically.

So comparing results from when you were level 20 to results when you are level 25 might not be considered a scientific study.

Me? I see a difference. On a particular hunt, I put on and remove lasers and scopes all the time. I really only notice it with new guns I have low levels on. no attachments I miss more often. With attachments, I hit more often. Damage seems the same, I just hit more often. Even this is flawed because the more I use the gun, the better I get with it. Once the gun is maxed, I don't see much difference.

I have a maxed Korss h400. It scores really well, and often crits 2-3 times in a row. I recently started using a Breer P5a. Similar numbers, but the breer causes less damage and hits less often, so I use the attachments.

Back