screenshots of globals- what am I doing wrong ?

shoti

Deactivated Account
Ok i cant force ET client to take screenies fo globals already some longer time now.

*uninstaled old version
*downloaded and instaled new one
*got new API key
*chat log file is on place and found
*globals are send to ET sever
*screenie on presing print screen works fine - so thats not one of those black screen issues

only when i global nothing is saved in screenies directory

I tried all file formats, varius latencies to make grab screenie, diferent drives and folders as targed direcotry.

Any ideas how to fix it ?

Is it sending globals to the server?
Have you spelled you name correctly?
Did you press "Start logging"?

You have clicked in "take screenshot of my globals" ?

And the server communication box... There's stuff in that box?

I have that same problem as well for a loong time now, just nothing i realy cared about , nevertheless same issue here and i have "Take screenshots of globals" ticked in General settings.

Since print screen works i just use that insted for it all :rolleyes:

yes
yes
and yes

I have found one thing that may cause it (its been a long time since ive coded the client, so I cant remember if it is case sensitive)... But your avatar name is:

Shogomad Shoti 1st

in the database it is (was)..
shogomad shoti 1st

Ive changed that to capital S + S now... prehaps that will help..

Yay...all is working great now.

Just loged in to make one fast glob on OA-101 to check and tadam !!

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

First screenie grabed by ET client is nice HoF.

Thx very much starfinder. Dont know what u did but that helped for sure. Apreciate that u are so concerned about your customers and act so fast - thats nice and very helpfull :). If only all companies treat customers like you do it that world could be paradise :)

I have that same problem as well for a loong time now, just nothing i realy cared about , nevertheless same issue here and i have "Take screenshots of globals" ticked in General settings.

Since print screen works i just use that insted for it all :rolleyes:

FM.. ive changed your avatar name to the correct case sensitive style as well ... Check if it dosent do the screenshots as you want now :)

Ah great thanks , whas just about saying that it would look like i hade same problem .

Once again thanks for quick fix :)

I have found one thing that may cause it (its been a long time since ive coded the client, so I cant remember if it is case sensitive)... But your avatar name is:

Shogomad Shoti 1st

in the database it is (was)..
shogomad shoti 1st

Ive changed that to capital S + S now... prehaps that will help..

So the client connects to the server before taking a screenshot.

So the client connects to the server before taking a screenshot.

No.. But when you login .. it pulls your avatar name, soc name, cradits and so on from the server.. and if there is an "error" (case sensitive) in your avatar name.. then it wont know when it should take a screenshot.. :)

(I wanted it to have the option to auto-upload screenshots to Entropia tracker and tie it to a global ... right until I realized we would be talking ~500-1000 files being uploaded each day... and well.. I dont have a million petabytes of harddisk space.. :))

Yay...all is working great now.

Just loged in to make one fast glob on OA-101 to check and tadam !!

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

First screenie grabed by ET client is nice HoF.

Thx very much starfinder. Dont know what u did but that helped for sure. Apreciate that u are so concerned about your customers and act so fast - thats nice and very helpfull :). If only all companies treat customers like you do it that world could be paradise :)

Shoti says it well :) , thanks for also helping me so fast ! Great support indeed !

FM.. ive changed your avatar name to the correct case sensitive style as well ... Check if it dosent do the screenshots as you want now :)

Sorry for late response ,haven`t been able too test until now.

Confirmed it now works for me as well ;)

Back