Secret "deed" and my Protection of the Empire 2012

DavinFelth

Elite
Society
Natural Born Killers
Davin Trooper Felth
I was asked to keep this between the MA staff and myself after it happened and I honored this. It's been over 10 years since then and I believe it won't matter now and I think should be told.

When Calypso Land Deeds first came into the game they were added to the loot pool in the form of tokens. Once you looted a token you submitted support case to get the token turned into a deed. Well, I was lucky enough to loot one from the Sand King. Shortly after submitting my request to get the deed I logged into the game to find in my inventory a deed, but something was not right looking about it. Deeds were new and I didn't have one before so I guess I didn't know what to be looking for.
After more than a double-take I realize I was somehow given 23,976 deeds!

After discussing with a trusted and long time player, I made another support case and the player would reach out to the then CEO. I shortly after received an e-mail from him asking for my phone number which I replied with. He called me, acknowledged the mistake, thanked me for being honest and alerting them, and would be sending me a PED reward.

Apparently this land deed amount was a purchase from another individual / investor and the support staff somehow gave me their transaction instead of my 1 deed for the token.
At the time I believed this could have done major damage to Entropia as an investor could have backed out due to lack of confidence in the company handling their funds. I imagine if I started dumping the deeds for crazy low prices before MA caught on it could have tanked the value of the deeds, but also made the players question investing in deeds.

I can imagine those reading this will be like: "yea so what", or "of course you alerted them otherwise you'd be banned for life." You might also think this wouldn't have undermined the deed system, but at the time it seemed like a very questionable and risky idea with no history or numbers to back it up.
I don't think I'm special, but I always held that I did this for Entropia because I have always loved it.
I have since blown through their reward and lots and lots of continued deposits over the years and never withdrawn. I've sold that original land deed and later sold the only one I bought with peds. My avatar has lot of skills, but very little other worth. I've written the CEO in 2020 reflecting back to this event and he just gave me a simple "glad you are still with us," response.

I have lost the original in game screen shot with the deeds in my inventory due to a hard drive crash and the best evidence I could find is included in the following pictures of the deed and support case with names omitted. I so wish I still had that picture as it was amazing to me to see all those deeds in my inventory.
At this point it is just a crazy story to laugh at, but always thought I should have been given a PoE armor set :)
I hope you enjoy this and welcome any questions.

index.php

fuck me sideways thats a lot better than that guy who got a random withdrawal "for a NICE amount"

Great story, thank you for sharing with us!

epic read.

Thank you was well worth the wait.

Regards
Tees

Wow!

Thank you for sharing!

When they were released, we could buy one deed for 1000 PED. Imagine beeing shareholder of that company, and even now, discovering that a "2,4 Mios $ mistake" was made and silenced.... In that case you shoot the CEO, not the 2k$/month employee, for sure. You should have ripped that CEO of and/or call him out for hiding it.
Thanks for the story indeed ,-)

thanks for sharing. That made me laugh.

That’s one big… mistake from that eemployee…

Mind sharing your reward? You mentioned should've gotten a PoE set. I reckon they didn't give that to you since it would open up questions on how you got it.

This raises the question how many things were silenced over the years since.

I hope you not get into trouble since you did in fact break a promise even though it was 10 years ago. I think under the circumstances they did the only thing they could do without affecting investor trust/player trust. A MA employee did a woopsie which could happen to anyone, although with their track record more likely to happen with a MA employee. :p

Intresting read, thanks for sharing!

Well, that was a fun read, thank you for finally sharing us the story :)

Honestly, I don't even see why MA would really want to silence this.
Sure, a mistake happened. A human mistake. Humans make mistakes, it's no big deal.
In my opinion, it's actually a good thing. They got it fixed, and even rewarded you for it. Even though, I have the feeling it was a small reward compared to what you gave up on, but still...

Hope you at least got some CLD revenue during that time. about 24k CLD's, at around 4ped a week back then, would have been an awesome amount.

It also shows to me that you are a trustable person. If someone makes a mistake, you're willing to help them out to make it alright again, rather than just being silent & keeping it. Respect to you.

A nice story indeed, although I can't help but siding with others who have criticized the abandoning of promised confidentiality. I had a case once where I wanted to share a support communication with the community and requested permission to do so, which was no problem and asking for it got explicitly appreciated.

There is my own luckiest-ever moment in Entropia, even from a much lesser mob (Cornundos) :)

Cool that you did share the story but to me it Sounds like you are unhappy with the reward they gave you, and because of that you did go public.

There is no possible way you culd have keept those deeds.

Nothing wrong with sharing great stories at the point of time they have no "monenetary" value, cant harm anyone, and just serve as an entertainment.
I guess people with dull "F" screen everyday lives cant stand others having some fun.

For reference, support once accidentally gave me two rare tokens instead of just one. I let them know and they said thank you for letting us know, took back the rare token, and gave me 10 strongbox keys for my honesty :ROFLMAO: ...I do wonder how often this has happened and the wrong number was never reported or caught by support :D

Great story.

Just recently I was told I was not allowed to constantly buy and sell TT pistols to try and get 4000/4000.

Also there was no promise involved. Being asked to do something a decade ago and being told to sign a document stating you will never tell this story are 2 different things

OP don’t listen to anyone who says otherwise.

Cool that you did share the story but to me it Sounds like you are unhappy with the reward they gave you, and because of that you did go public.

There is no possible way you culd have keept those deeds.
No I was happy, and didn't expect anything from them.

A nice story indeed, although I can't help but siding with others who have criticized the abandoning of promised confidentiality. I had a case once where I wanted to share a support communication with the community and requested permission to do so, which was no problem and asking for it got explicitly appreciated.

There is my own luckiest-ever moment in Entropia, even from a much lesser mob (Cornundos) :)
I guess I should have written it more clearly. This was over a phone call and the person said what I recall as ,"hope we can keep it between us." He didn't say specifically what "IT" was (reward, mistake, which?) , and it wasn't some formal or even verbal contract or promise. I kept it quite for 12 years, he isn't the CEO anymore, deeds are firmly established, and it won't affect anything.

I guess I should have written it more clearly. This was over a phone call and the person said what I recall as ,"hope we can keep it between us." He didn't say specifically what "IT" was (reward, mistake, which?) , and it wasn't some formal or even verbal contract or promise. I kept it quite for 12 years, he isn't the CEO anymore, deeds are firmly established, and it won't affect anything.
Except my continual lack of trust in this company to do anything correctly.

For that I appreciate you

Remember when MA sold extra CLD, and we formed a long queue to buy them from an online MA ava. That MA ava traded a huge incorrect amount. It was traded back though, but only because the player raised the issue in open chat. The MA ava was doing so many trades they unintentionally dragged a wrong split CLD stack to the trade.

I was up the whole night in the queue. The huge incorrect amount was, I think, 300 instead of a maximum per person of 3. The total amount available was limited by the volume the investor had bought a year earlier and wished to sell in an orchestrated manner.
It is maybe the only night in virtuality that I will never forget :p (a sort of "up all night to get lucky", but different!)

I think it is better to more openly reward players who do the right thing, although the bigger the mistake, the longer the period before mentioning it maybe.

wild story.

honesty is always best.

besides, the powers that be almost always have a way to correct the issue forcefully.

Back