Secure Renting Program like the Auction

merrmaid

Old
Miranna Merrmaid Sirena
I would like to see some kind of secure rental program in EU. MA could take a small percentage of any agreement just as they do during auctions. MA could set up a rental program, much like the auction.

Players could put an item up for rental and choose one of a set of rental periods of time/days, weeks, months, etc and a price for that amount of time.

The owner would pay a fee to put the item up for rent and the renter would pay the rental fee to the owner of the item. Then, at the end of rental period, the item reverts back to the owner.

That way, crafters might be able to take advantage of a bp they've been dying to try, or someone could rent out an uber gun or armor, or pilots could rent out their ships, etc. Going on vacation from the game, rent out your stuff !!! It would be an interesting thing for players to do, and there could be a little profit involved.

Last edited:
Yeah, would have been great.

It would have been cool to rent out your shop, hangar or estate... ;)

I totally agree Merrmaid. I know a few people that are somewhat inactive that would lend out their items (Mod Fap, Mod Merc, etc) if Mind Ark created a secure system that couldn't be scammed :)

Nice thought!

Perhaps some sort of shopkeeper model with a renting ability. Players then could place their items in it and set a renting fee! Say per day?
After the renting time expires, the item would return to the shopkeeper!

Another option could be to implement this in a new 'trade' window, with renting properties! Both players agree on time and fee and there you go! After time expires, the item is placed back in the owner's inventory!

So far, only two things concern me:

1º The decay of an item: Imagine it's lend to someone with a full tt value, and returns depleted? :scratch2:

2º Time length of rentals: Minimum one day duration (perhaps)! This should prevent someone scamming the other in to paying a generous fee for a 0.02 seconds lend! :silly2:

When I first read about the banks I though this was a service they would provide,

I pawn my uber item to a bank and have x number of days to repay the loan to get my item back, and maybe I get a better loan rate if I give permision to rent the item out to others during that x number of days, so regardles of if I pay off my loan early or on time I do not get my item back until the x number of days is up.

This allows the bank to, in a very simple system, rent it out to other players for the cost of TT+ x peds + tax for x number of days (not to be more than the x number of days of my loan) at which point the item is returned automatically to the bank repaired to its origonal tt value when I pawned it.

The TT is the security deposit to repair the item to origonal tt value upon return whatever is not used for repair is returned the + peds is the cost of renting the item and the + tax is MAs cut (they have to get something lol)

but hey maybe the bank will work that way, until its there we don't know ;)

sadly Ma have said on a number of ocasions that they have no plans to introduce a secure system allowing members to rent/loan items out.

I don't know why this is., nor can i think of any really good reasons. :scratch2:

This has been discussed so often.

A lot of people could use modfap and very economic tools then...

...instead of buying these through depositing high amounts of money.

Be sure MA does not like that idea. :)

Nice thought!

Perhaps some sort of shopkeeper model with a renting ability. Players then could place their items in it and set a renting fee! Say per day?
After the renting time expires, the item would return to the shopkeeper!

Another option could be to implement this in a new 'trade' window, with renting properties! Both players agree on time and fee and there you go! After time expires, the item is placed back in the owner's inventory!

So far, only two things concern me:

1º The decay of an item: Imagine it's lend to someone with a full tt value, and returns depleted? :scratch2:

2º Time length of rentals: Minimum one day duration (perhaps)! This should prevent someone scamming the other in to paying a generous fee for a 0.02 seconds lend! :silly2:

That is not a problem at all, on non limited stuff MA can make it so when you rent out a item its at tt=0 (you get the tt of the item on your ped card) and the one renting it must repair it to use it and when the item is returned the person renting it gets the tt value back on his card.

MA stated allready they wont create renting or lending systing.

But they created "Banks"...

Probably next year , you will see after the pawnsh... bank , the renting liscence...

Who will buy a renting liscence , bid start 1 ped :D

MA stated somewhere they don't like this idea. Because this would maybe make a few persons to stock up on all highend and in that way earn money just by owning the items and limit the number accessible. I bet they rather see a Mod fap change hand with some turnover numbers then just a small fee.

I'll be the bad-egg again.
It SOUNDS like a good idea, and does have some pluses, BUT:

Too easy to scam with this. The reverse of what we see today.
Today:
You "loan" an item, they sell it and You never get the moeny or the item back. :mad:
They agree on the price, then swap out the item for one with a MUCH LOWER TT before "CONFIRMING". :scratch2:
(just to name a few)

With "LOANERS" or "RENTALS":
Someone "Loans/Rents" to noobs and tells them it's a sale OR they try not to return the item CLAIMING it was a sale, not a "loan/rental"...then one of them files a complaint with MA... Eventually Marco has to sepnd his vacation wading through the complaints & trying to figure out who was scamming who. :scared:

They agree on the price and loan/rental time period, then change the loan/rental time period before "CONFIRMING". :eek:

Just another avenue for Scammers to work with. :broke:

h&r circle is nice.

nice idea,
let's see if ma would do some with it..

Back