Security Tips

Tubbs

Old
Obviously buying a gold card is essential, likewise not sharing your personal or login details. Apart from that, what other security procedures could one take to keep your account safe?

These tips could be valuable to people who cannot afford a gold card.

Don't run any third party EU related software.

Safest is never.

Less safe is to run only third party tools AFTER you logged in.

And remember to reboot your system if you CTD.

Disclaimer: I have never encountered any problems with specific EU third party tools I use; It's my paranoid nature.

/Slupor

Avoid the selling subforum to keep your peds safer! Maybe avoid in game auction and shops too, lol. Also avoid Twin Peaks, PA, and Neas since the resellers like to gather there en masse.

:) ;)

Be sure to hide you GC before you get drunk :laugh:

Don't buy PED from other sources than the official ones through the website and the client

Don`t visit shady websites, don`t download and install software related to EU that you are unsure of. And also regarding downloads - never, ever download anything that are suppose to be EU files from other sources than EU official page..

But to really keep your account safe - get a gold card.. "I can`t afford a gold card" doesn`t really counts as an argument in my book - if you can`t afford it, there isn`t really anything to protect than...

lolnothing.

Even cancelled my GC, was a waste of time (and piss annoying when visiting someone and needing to get onto the auc :D)

Don`t visit shady websites, don`t download and install software related to EU that you are unsure of. And also regarding downloads - never, ever download anything that are suppose to be EU files from other sources than EU official page..

But to really keep your account safe - get a gold card.. "I can`t afford a gold card" doesn`t really counts as an argument in my book - if you can`t afford it, there isn`t really anything to protect than...
besides that it's free if you deposit over 5k ped I think.

Pay attention to various society's lists of avatars they've had problems in dealing with before. Of course, most of that info is not usually known until you are in the society in question, and even then, it's not always accurate as there may well be lots of personal disputes at higher levels in societies that are nothing more then crybabies playing soap opera, but sometimes those types of lists are useful for helping figure out who scammers are in game.

Most importantly - READ THE FORUMS!

Obviously buying a gold card is essential, likewise not sharing your personal or login details. Apart from that, what other security procedures could one take to keep your account safe?

These tips could be valuable to people who cannot afford a gold card.

keep an eye on your background tasks, more specifically, watch out for key-logger type undesirables running in bg. port sniffers (no, not Port Atlantis sniffers, they are a totally different bunch of ppl) can be somewhat of a nuisance. Change your password frequently as well. Final advice, if you cannot afford a GC (as suggested by OP), perhaps this isn't the non-game game for you to be playing (if security is that much of a personal issue).

Back