Semi-Final Tactics

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
It's been raised that the semi's, with the travelling needed to complete the moblists for the Sweep, will be a costly match to fight.

I'd like to suggest a change of tactics might be in order; Main Teams at this level should be able to bear a few PED here and there on TP'ing to their quarry, but for support, possibly having separate teams for each destination might be the thing. There is really no need for supporters to travel between CND, CP and Calypso; all they need do is travel to the mobs they are 'assigned' to, and let others take care of the rest elsewhere.

That said, even Main Team don't 'need' to go to all 3 places; with 5 hunters, possibilities exist for all manner of tactics, from some going to CND, some going to CP, and some staying planet-side for the 8 and 7 point mobs, or even the tactic used in previous WoFs by some high scoring teams... pick one mob and tank it.

I realise the Sweep, at 75 points, is the biggest amount of free points available this round, but teams in the past have shown that tanking can work....

Also, this is an opportunity to pit CP mobs against CND mobs. I don't know if anyone's ever done the necessary research, but I'd love to know if blasting Aurli, or Daspletor, would provide more globals... when the ubers set out to camp either the chat window is rarely quiet. Scips aren't exactly shy of globalling either, who knows? Maybe the winning team might not even have to leave the planet. Those chasing the Sweep might find their scores lacking. Or.... the Sweep may still be the thing to head for, screw the cost and find out.
That's how this moblist came about, not to make you all spend loads of PED... to make you have to plan.

Basically what I'm saying is, the Semi's are different, yes. To approach them in the same way as the previous rounds (get sweep, camp high-scorer) might not be the best approach. Finding what is the best approach is what makes the Finalists.

Viewed as a military objective, it's a clusterf@ck. But even those need to be dealt with, with power and style.... and I know you guys are up for it, even if the job looks daunting now.

Looking forward to seeing what tactic wins the day. But I'd say now, the victories will go to the ones who have the plans, and the teamwork to make the plans work. Whatever those plans are.

Hurrikane

That's exactly why I like this moblist. Planning and tactics will certainly play a much bigger role than usual, a lot of decisions to make. Great fun :) Good job Hurrikane!

with CND for sale and CP stuffed with event hunters,there are loads of open questions, its hard to make foolproof plans. I hope there is enough fertilizers for us all on CND, i hope they disable pvp in dome 16-20 like last year, i hope a lot these days...

Back