Question: Shops & Rent

exovirus

Prowler
Society
Virus Exo Binary
I see a lot of shops with unpaid rent. We could discuss why or why it isn't worth owning a shop, or why these people have or haven't chosen to pay it for various reasons.

However...

Should there be a limit of how long you can go without paying rent? Rent isn't even high, even if your not making money. If I don't pay rent or make payments I get evicted, lose my stuff etc, should this not apply for owning shops as well?

I find it very hard for those whom have paid so much for their shops, that they can't afford the monthly fee.

I believe you use it or lose it... plenty of people out there would be happy to pay rent to use a shop.

P.S. if posted before please just send me a link.. may have missed it.. cheers.

Geez, not this again, use the search function.

In short, it is NOT rent, it is an entrance-fee. You pay to let others and yourself enter for a 30 day period. Also, it the estate deed is a deed that says you own something. It doesn't say you rent something. There is no renting in the entropia universe. All trades are final. And so on.

People have the right to purchase a piece of real estate and then sit on it, without using it for anything, in the hope of making a capital gain when they sell in the future.

If you choose to invest in ten different shops for the long term capital gain, you shouldn't be required to run a business in each of them! You should be allowed to leave them vacant.

At the moment you can't rent your shop out to anyone else (unless you trust them with the deed!!!!).

It would be another thing entirely to make it possible to rent the deed out securely, and then it would maybe make a little more sense for mall owners to be allowed to bring in requirements about vacancy rates and the like.

deed2.jpg

Certifying Ownership means just that, Ownership... not Certifying Rental Status. In other words, the owner of the estate owns the deed. Because they own the deed, they own the place. Whether they choose to pay to let you in their front door or not is their business, not yours. If you care to make it your business, buy a deed off of the auction.

i would agree if gun owners and armour owners get there items taken from them if not used for the same period, good idea?

I have a question, if you sit on a shop and don't pay the "rent" does it build up? Lets say you don't pay for six months would you have to pay all the back "rent" to open back up or just the one months worth?

i would agree if gun owners and armour owners get there items taken from them if not used for the same period, good idea?

in short- yes

i think EU would be a much more fun place if there werent so many items and deeds and god knows what else sitting in storage all the damn time. I mean MA has to come up with tiering just to try and get some of the stuff back into the loot pool lol. maybe they shouldnt have dropped every item and sold every deed before they even had a player base, to begin with.

Back