Question: Should I Follow This Beginners Guide ?

mycokerewards

Guardian
Society
Global Alliance
Johnny "Millionare" Smith
this is meant for both me and other people (noobs, if you want to call them that)

[general] Should I follow what this guide says

[specific]

► should I buy the TT pistol (Omegaton M2100) or sell my TT rifle (Sollomate Opalo) and then buy it

► should I try to still sell my sweat for .5 each currently at time of writing

► should I hunt the Snables (males tend to have lower HP, females tend to have higher HP; according to entropiawiki.com) in Camp Phoenix

By the way, here is the link you've been wondering about and I've been talking about (please click smilie): :zzz:

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for all of the injuries, burns, wounds, blindness, deafness, shots, damages, rapes, cuts, sprains, broken bones, torn muscles, torn tendons, inflamed organs, cancers, and deaths that will caused upon entering this thread and all of the links provided, nor all of the viruses, malware, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, and spyware that will delivered onto your computer upon entering this thread and all of the links provided, nor all of the scams and losses, including, but not limited to, money losses, identity losses, virginity losses, common sense losses, and personal losses, including, but not limited to, pet losses, friend losses, coworker losses, neighbor losses, relative losses, boss losses, and family losses, that will happen upon entering this thread and all of the links provided, nor all of the lawsuits, accusations, arrests, imprisonments, frauds, plagiarism charges, other charges, and copyright laws that will happen once you enter this thread and all of the links provided. Blame MA and EF and EU and yourself. jokin'. I really mean it for the first sentence. As for the second sentence, you can blame whoever you want, just as long as it isn't me.

Last edited:
I really hope none that follows, have followed that guide looted a mod fap during the hunting part of it all....

I do recommend checking the markup on items one loots rather than just putting it all in the tt..

And also, just hunting like that and mining randomly, does not mean that one will make money... if one isn't exceptionally patient and/or lucky

As for your questions, The choice if you are to use Opalo or M2100, really doesn't mean that much, return-wise and if I where you I would use the one belonging to the weapon category you are most likely to use in the future, E.g. if you are to use Rifle or pistol(other options are also available)

Regarding sweat, Be sure to gather sweat in stacks greater than 1k to easify selling. Regaring the current price, I think .5 could be reached, but you will probably have to look around for a while... greater stacks also mkes it easier to sell at higher prices.

As for the snable enigma, I do think both are quite deafeatable using tt weaponry, as regarding their loot, I do think returns for both are quite low... But they are good for initial traning. I do think you should try kerebros, if not defeatable now, when you have skilled up a bit. They have quite good returns, as far as I know.

Well, I do hope that answers your questions.

I wish you good luck, and do hope you get to bwe one of the few that manage to profit.

I prefer the sollomate opalo over the pistol anyday, what you have to remember is that with one shot of the opalo you have to make 2 with the pistol...if you do the same damage at all you will find mobs health regenerating meaning you have to use even more ammo to kill, even though it takes you longer too. I only use the pistol for the killshot when there is too little life to waste opalo shots.

Telling people to instantly TT everything is the most stupid advice ever, you are basically throwing money away all the time doing that...simply hunt down something called STTS for a fairer deal.

This "guide" has been written by the usual kind of person who writes guides like this everywhere, they never give any thought to it and never give real details but simply skirt around a couple of main points and only want to give people the basics just so they get views.

In conclusion dont waste your time following these "guides", they are useless as they never tell you anything that everyone doesnt know about, when trying to make money you have to do what the other 99.999% of people are not doing, and that means using your head, not someone elses :p

I considered writing a money making guide here to tell people the secrets of the auction and how to do things, but the weird thing is that I am not rich so who is going to follow that? lol

(quite apart from wall of text guides being the worst, you need pictures and a proper format to make it look good)

I am going to go against what many would tell you here and throw out another option.

I always hated the TT weapons. They are monstrously boring and only slightly more interesting that gathering sweat.

When I started, my first weapon was a Shriek Cov Ops pistol. Yes, I lost out in economy and what little SIB you get from the TT weapons, but I had a lot more fun and skills built fast because I could kill a lot faster. There are a lot of weapons in this range with decent stats.

I guess it comes down to how you play and what your personal resources are. But, if you are a depositor, it might be worth a thought.

well, philosophically, it seems sound... nothing gimick'y about it... essencially sweat til you get ped to hunt... hunt til you get ped to mine... mine til you uber...

the good part about the switch to mining part is that mining doesn't get quite so progressively expensive as you skill... you can't guarantee a profit doing it, but a 50 pec probe tends to global more than 50 pec of hunting...

I'd add "use SIB finders" when you can afford them to this tutorial... better depth = chance for more types of resources...

I clicked the link...saw this : Entropia-Universe-Money-Making-Tutorial and read no further with any confidence.

There are much better guides here on EF, there are societies and mentors who will honestly show you the best ways to stay solvent as possible in EU...but no-one honest will tell you that you will make money.

There is one method to make peds in EU, and it's not even mentioned in that guide..(actually there are 2 if you count walking about picking up stones and fruit which is very boring)...trading.

Opalo ...loot some armour from exas and snables etc. then STAY hunting until you can afford mining because that 10 peds you sweated for hours to drain from mobs will vanish in a heartbeat mining and leave you depressed. Mine when you have some decent funds, and expect to break even or close...not profit.

EF is all written by people with huge experience ingame, use it and you'll not go far wrong. Here is the area you should start with ...try Alice's guides, she's good at this :-

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/entropia-universe-tutorials/

GL

t

Nice an short guide in my opinion.
The TT part is not that much advisable, should normally only be used if one is in a hurry :D
AS for the "make profit hunting" part it is absolutely rubbish. At low levels one must look to keep the losses as low as possible, "profit" is probably something that will happen one on has made enough PEDs with tediouos trading, but surely not by only hunting. Mining can be profitable, if one knows a few good spots, which are normally shown by the mentor but not that much public knowledge.

As for handgun v. rifle :
For the beginning i would recommend the handgun until maxed.
Even though some might say you need two shots instead of one, rifle burns two ammo instead of one and in the beginning you will miss quite often.
Would rather recommend Sabakumas for starters, they can be sweated once before empty, they do not hit that hard and are quite nicely killed with the TT pistols.
Would switch to Opalo after maxing the pistol, most skill you get from pistols also go into rifles. Sticking only to pistols or only to rifles will give an unbalance between hit and damage profession.
It's a matter of preference i guess, but I use a rifle only for tagging, pistols feel more enjoyable with higher eco and higher fire rate.

► should I buy the TT pistol (Omegaton M2100) or sell my TT rifle (Sollomate Opalo) and then buy it

Depends which way you want to go in the game. Personally I chose the Opalo way - I could damage the mobs quite a bit before they got close enough to attack me. You could always buy the tt pistol and see how you get on with it though.

► should I try to still sell my sweat for .5 each currently at time of writing

If you can get 0.5 then go for it. But don't spend too much time trying to sell for that price if someone comes along offering 0.49 and you have 1000 for sale then you have to ask yourself "Do I want to spend more time trying to sell just to get 10 pec more?" Time could perhaps be better spent getting more sweat. Remember also that depositing $10 gives you 96.5 PED which is 19300 sweat (@0.5 pec per sweat). How long does it take to gather 19300 sweat?

► should I hunt the Snables (males tend to have lower HP, females tend to have higher HP; according to entropiawiki.com) in Camp Phoenix

Disadvantage with snables is that they can attack from a distance with their snot. Personally I have found females give better loot than males, but perhaps that's just me. Camp Phoenix (towards Billys) or Atlas island are good places for snables.

I would work with the opalo.

When you reach level 5 riffle us an a101 amp on it. when you have about 2k riffle start training on pistols. probably p3 at that point would be what you can use.

I would focus on hunting creatures that fit a opalo amped or not. probably things with 100 or less health.

www.entropiawiki.com has alot of information on creatures.

i personally would do the usual suspects, snables, diakiba, sabakuma, exasuar, snarksnot, berycycled, i might of left out a few.

good luck

kosmos

Try googleing "Entropia guide Alice in Wonderland". ;o)

MMMM Mining.

Now thats no way to "Earn" money in EU lol.

Unless you have a 4 leaf clover, a rabbits foot and a horse shoe in ur pants.

MMMM Mining.

Now thats no way to "Earn" money in EU lol.

Unless you have a 4 leaf clover, a rabbits foot and a horse shoe in ur pants.

Exactly, this guide makes earning money seem like a logical progression...and we all know it's not, in fact even MA tell us we PAY a dollar an hour on average to play. That's fair enough since there are ways to spend less.

Just for a laugh, who has mined or hunted this way and is in profit in the last year or so? Good time to brag if you have. MA make profits because we mainly pay them to play, if we all made money they would be bust.

I look at this guide as if it is for outsiders who never heard or played EU before, and it could easily make them think it's cake to move up levels and make money as in some other non-RCE games ..but there lies the difference, this isn't that easy and it's real money....more of yours than MA's usually.

t

this may not go exactly on topic, but i think it does: does your sweating chance improve as you sweat, or does it stay the same ~20% chance of successful pulls? i heard that the "skills" were just for the sweat cap a couple years ago, but it could mean other stuff (ofc, everyone wants to see how much they have sweated).

by the way, I read this on other guides on EF, and Pinky's guide.

(mining) ... start going around anywhere you like, most importantly not in city or too close to sea

bet this guy never had underwater claims, or could never extract them :rolleyes:

Thanx for all your comments, keep them coming (so many different opinions, or facts, whatever you want to call it).

Back