Skill Up Weekends!

Please explain too me why this is any good as in near future you will mod the mobs and nerf players as in the past?

I don't think so since I haven't had any and cycled close to 30k since the VU. Well I actually had one but it was for healing. Yesterday even got a stretch of about 8hrs session of hunting without a crash. Some of this was in team though.

i cant be certain but there may be other factors involved for the hunting buff, such as but not limited to; the creature being killed, time spent online, speed at which peds are being cycled hourly, recent ped deposits, lack of recent ped deposits?, luck?, distance traveled...

okay so maybe not the last 2 :p

these are just guesses at this point i really have no idea :D

Here we go again...

The players...
"Oh look a shiney object." "We love you MA." :wtg:

The MA staff...
"These zombies are no match for our cunning diversionary tactics. We are the Ubers around here." :wise:

i cant be certain but there may be other factors involved for the hunting buff, such as but not limited to; the creature being killed, time spent online, speed at which peds are being cycled hourly, recent ped deposits, lack of recent ped deposits?, luck?, distance traveled...

okay so maybe not the last 2 :p

these are just guesses at this point i really have no idea :D

Alright I just got 2 in hunting in the last 2 hrs. Seems super random to me lol

Here we go again...

The players...
"Oh look a shiney object." "We love you MA." :wtg:

The MA staff...
"These zombies are no match for our cunning diversionary tactics. We are the Ubers around here." :wise:

Lies.

We all know the forum trolls are the true ubers.

Does the skill boost apply to things like repair skilling in space?

nice, extra skillgain

But please repair hitboxes first

for everyone that has no trouble: try a smaller mob like scout bots on cyrene

or a high moving mob like tree dragons

its not solved at all.

luckily the crashes are gone mostly.

First response: Yes, finally, a x2 or x3 skill weekend again! Time to make an additional deposit

Second response:
Oh...
[/quote]increase the strength and the chance of getting the automatically triggered Skill Bonus introduced in VU 14.3 during the following two weekends.[/quote]

Perhaps NOT make that deposit after all.... I mean..deposit for a CHANCE of a bonus? Nah.. if it were a simple x2 event, yes. And I agree with most people here, the ones who have a social life, and are offline in the weekends are kind of at a disadvantage (again). So why not just have it last a full week or so? Give everyone the compensation.

Now, you can even get a new skill boost while the previous one hasn't expired yet. And yes, that new 24% boost will override your remaining 57% one... :laugh:

Not that this matters much, just FYI.

I think it is nice to see that skill boost! But why only for some minute and fully random?

If MA will have more players play the game, then they should make it the whole weekend and not only for some minute.
A lot other Games and MMO give such boosts out, but not only for randomly 10 minute. I know EU is a RCE, and skills are also some little peds worth. But common MA, we all lost enough peds to your company and about the issues this game have after every VU.
MA please do not that poor things to us players, we are the ppl support you with our peds. Let the sun shine and give us the feeling that we don't are only a full time looser.

Why not just doing it like 2x or 3x skills while the whole weekend, so a ton of player play and the loot pool going up so some poor player like me also get some loot? I'm really tired to lost 2,5k peds within 2 weeks after depo and clean my storage to be able for play. Given and taken are the words, but i feel more and more that i only give and noting get back as frustration.

So, please show us the sun and give us 2x skill and not that poor random 10 minute boost !

just a suggestion.... fix the hitbox issue FIRST, and THEN announce that it has been fixed.

my avatar keeps twitching left and right and cant make up his mind... and the mob is right in front of him... extreamly annoying...

guess no eu for me today either :D

i just must have had the most useless skillboost there is...i tp-ed away and got skillboost in translocatorskill :lolup:

just a suggestion.... fix the hitbox issue FIRST, and THEN announce that it has been fixed.

my avatar keeps twitching left and right and cant make up his mind... and the mob is right in front of him... extreamly annoying...

guess no eu for me today either :D

I get that too... and also I am 5 meters away from a mob with a 110 meter range weapon and says im out of reach until I jump!

May I suggest for a future event a regular 2x-3x attribute bonus weekend. No timers or percents, but just attributes.

Please works some more on stability, the number of crashes is still way too high compared to before the VU.
There are 4 things really wrong with the skill boosts
1. They are on the skills most easy to get anyway (e.g. LWT) Why not give chance to boost skills like alertness which don't move at all.
2. If you die the boost ends
3. If you have a ctd, the boost ends
4. If you run out of ammo, the boost ends

The last one I got today was 4% laser weapons boost for 5 minutes :yay: anyone got smaller? :rolleyes:

On a related note, we were hunting in a team with Heiko Rat, using identical weapons, and she got 5% for 8 minutes just seconds earlier; might of course be a coincidence, but maybe random plays only a minor part after all.

I currently have a 1% boost for 5 min while mining. :(

Highest I have had was 44% boost for 10 min when hunting.

700ped with no skill boost then as I tp out of spawn I get a 6min translocation boost :laugh:

2 hours hunt resulted in 400 peds losses (normally -50 peds). It always works that way. Enjoy it...

is this skill boost only for hunting?
Nope, I got a small 11% 7.5min in Mining while out droping some bombs yesterday (ofcource, I only managed to get a single skill up in Mining during thouse 7.5 minutes, but that's an other story). Allso others in this thread has reported Translocation bonus after teleporting f.ex.

So it seems to be for anything that gives you skills.

5min to Minning(Drilling) Skill - STR 15%

And

5min to Any Craft Skill - STR 26%

both case i cycled around 200-300 ped

Is there an Evader (or Dodger) skill boost, or is it tied to the item being used?

(Unlike progress panel, skill boosts seem to be always relevant so far)

So they messed it up > lost a lot of money because players refused to play with crashes and other bugs.

Now they need to improve the cash flow so they give u 5min skill bonuses

And everybody rushes to loosed the peds for some faint promise of skills.

I remember the 1st skill bonuses MA introduced, which crashed the skill market and basically ripped every participant with skills off. Than they sweared no other skill bonus events will be made. But they must have seen how effective tool it is - people go nuts for skills.

So the easiest thing to do after a bad week for MA is to introduce 5min skill bonuses, and everybody goes yea :)

this skill boost this is weak I only had 8 or so 5 ish min each 30% to 120% ish. just suck it up and give us 2 or 3X on everything for 48 hours. fix hit box on stuff including avatars.

In 2 hours hunt I got 1 skill bonus :

5 min of 26% increase in ... paramedic ... lol

Way to go, I've never been so happy ... lol
At least in the past the skill gain was generic over skills, not specific to 1 type of skills.
Another person I heared about was 5 min skill gain on Gauss while shooting BLP ... silly !

Manage expectations, something we need to do because MA isn't capable of doing it :)

Atami

So they messed it up > lost a lot of money because players refused to play with crashes and other bugs.

Now they need to improve the cash flow so they give u 5min skill bonuses

And everybody rushes to loosed the peds for some faint promise of skills.

I remember the 1st skill bonuses MA introduced, which crashed the skill market and basically ripped every participant with skills off. Than they sweared no other skill bonus events will be made. But they must have seen how effective tool it is - people go nuts for skills.

So the easiest thing to do after a bad week for MA is to introduce 5min skill bonuses, and everybody goes yea :)

I'd like to quote myself here...

"Here we go again...

The players...
"Oh look a shiney object." "We love you MA."

The MA staff...
"These zombies are no match for our cunning diversionary tactics. We are the Ubers around here."

If you use Gauss weapon is obviously that you will gain get bonus skill Gauss...changing to blp will not change the bonus skill boost.... Now if he was tagging mobs with Gauss weapon and using BLP weapon to kill mob....

I used MF chips to kill mobs ,finish was a blp weapon,skill gain killing mob with blp was MF skill(sometimes was both)...

But I am happy with new boost skill gain ,maybe MA learn that players play for fun....

Back