Question: Skilling on animals

Jason J. T.

Guardian
I have a question to more skilled and more experienced people at the matter of skilling on animals.
I have 2 pets atm: young exo and snable male stalker. Both are gifts, I don't intend to tame animals, anyway not in a close future, maybe someday when I will be looking for something new and with more ped to waste.

Anyway, what I want to ask is:
1. Which of the above animals is better for skill gains (I am interested in all skill but I like the most when my general skills improve and ofc attributes)?
2. Which eats more and if known how much more does it eat (this is not a major problem as I am a miner and both sweetstuff and fruit are not so hard to find for me)?
3. Is reaction time shorter with stalker than with young? I don't use autoclikers and I play with them when I am waiting for traders to log in or when chatting with people. But the "pet is busy" info is annoying and I want to know if stalker is not "busy" faster than young?
4. Which is better for skills "impress" or "greet" and do they give the same skills or different? I usually press "impress" because I like the trick my snable does then....

As for my skills in animal related skills my ava isn't very skilled. My animal tamer level is 4.

Thanks for any information. If those questions were asked before I am sorry to ask them again, I didn't find them on EF...

Reactions: Fin
1.skills are a function of turnover, so snable and exa should skill around the same.

2.there is a thread somewhere about consumption while inactive, if i recall right all snable use 6, all exa 6 and daiki 7 per day, nomatter what maturity. of course consumption rises when pet is active and greet/impress performed.

3.pets are busy ~10 seconds regardless of maturity or race.

4.since impress uses more nutrio it gives skills faster than greet.

hf :)

I have a question to more skilled and more experienced people at the matter of skilling on animals.
I have 2 pets atm: young exo and snable male stalker. Both are gifts, I don't intend to tame animals, anyway not in a close future, maybe someday when I will be looking for something new and with more ped to waste.

Anyway, what I want to ask is:
1. Which of the above animals is better for skill gains (I am interested in all skill but I like the most when my general skills improve and ofc attributes)?
2. Which eats more and if known how much more does it eat (this is not a major problem as I am a miner and both sweetstuff and fruit are not so hard to find for me)?
3. Is reaction time shorter with stalker than with young? I don't use autoclikers and I play with them when I am waiting for traders to log in or when chatting with people. But the "pet is busy" info is annoying and I want to know if stalker is not "busy" faster than young?
4. Which is better for skills "impress" or "greet" and do they give the same skills or different? I usually press "impress" because I like the trick my snable does then....

As for my skills in animal related skills my ava isn't very skilled. My animal tamer level is 4.

Thanks for any information. If those questions were asked before I am sorry to ask them again, I didn't find them on EF...

good question ty for the post:)

4.since impress uses more nutrio it gives skills faster than greet.
True.
But you should test this first:
1k nutrios with greet and 1k nutrios with impress => do yougain in the end the same amount of skills?

1k nutrios will be faster gone with impress, but do you still gain the same skills?

Background for this:
I did a test like this with whips, I compared a Mamba whip with a Cobra ME whip... and for the same amount of PEDs decay, I gained more skills with the Mamba.

I like the sound of that experiment with the Greet/Impress and will do that myself, and maybe add some Trust in there somewhere to compare that too.

I will make another thread when I start to get some results.

/MP

I like the sound of that experiment with the Greet/Impress and will do that myself, and maybe add some Trust in there somewhere to compare that too.

I will make another thread when I start to get some results.

/MP

this would be awesome info man...

pls do so, and post :yay:...
will deff be a +repper when you do so......

heads high tamers...

BR

Miggo

necroing a bit ;)

18k nutrios through an impressing daiki old lvl2 no trust

esi tt gained (chipping out value)
ani lore 9.59
ani tame 5.13
zoo 4.70

per 1k nutrio:
ani lore 0.53
ani tame 0.29
zoo 0.26

Hummm, interesting Steffel, I only checked the lore skill there but I get about 0.63 per 1K nutrino using a mix of prowlers and stalkers with the same stats over a 10K nutrino test.

So maybe the bigger pets give more skills. This will be an interesting test for whoever does it.

Cheers,
/MP.

necroing a bit ;)

18k nutrios through an impressing daiki old lvl2 no trust

esi tt gained (chipping out value)
ani lore 9.59
ani tame 5.13
zoo 4.70

per 1k nutrio:
ani lore 0.53
ani tame 0.29
zoo 0.26

Factoring in the cost of the implanter usage, ESI cost, and auction fees, and the markup of those three skills alone, you would make a good profit from the skills. I didn\'t expect that.

Factoring in the cost of the implanter usage, ESI cost, and auction fees, and the markup of those three skills alone, you would make a good profit from the skills. I didn\'t expect that.

expect nutrios to rise / skills to go down then :ahh:

I have the feeling that not many people will buy the skills if they stay at their current market level and will go unsold. I've not managed to do the math myself, but I guess the skills are 2 to 3 times more expensive than they should be.

/MP.

Does the amount of energy the pet has affect the rate of skill gain? Also, what about greeting/impressing on animals that are out of my professional level range? Like, training a Daikiba Stalker at Pet Handler level 1?

Back