Skilling VS Missions

PamelaEve

Mature
Society
WildD3amons
Pamela Pam Eve
Hi all,

I don't know if the question has already been posted (cause I don't read all threads here) but here it is:

You all noticed that missions system give a lots of attributes points.
You may also have noticed that more point you have in agility, for the exemple, harder it is to get the next point..

then my question is, doing the mission and getting points isn't going to make the "normal attributes gain" slower?

don't know if what I said is clear then I'll give an exemple:

-1st person earn 10 agility doing the mission.. then spend 10k ped hunting.
-2nd person spend 10k ped hunting, and then do the same mission as the 1st person

Will be a difference concerning the total agility gained between the 2 persons at the end?
if yes, that mean we should wait the more we can before doing the mission?
if no, I wont have any question :D

Waiting for your suggestions, thx :p

Problem is i think it is to early on for anyone to really know the answer to that.

#1 No guarantee these missions are temp or permanent.

#2 Most attribute gains are by x amount of certain related skill points. So just gaining extra attributes wouldn't affect speed of the skills you are gaining. Plus they are reward, so should be a bonus increase not something that would hurt you long term. Not that I trust MA to do what is best for me long term anyways.

From what I understand, everyone gains 1 whole attribute point.
So that means that an Avatar with 150 Agility will be 151 Agility afterward and an Avatar with 50 Agility will be at 51 Agility afterward.
This would mean that the Attribute gains from missions are more beneficial for high level Avatars than they are for lower level Avatars, because it would have taken them a lot longer to get from 150 to 151 than it takes an Avatar to go from 50 to 51.
This was also mentioned in notes for one of the recent releases (or a news post thingy, can't remember).

#1 No guarantee these missions are temp or permanent.

this question already answered by FPC official (Marco!), all the missions implemented with latest batch, are not time limited.
If missions get implemented that are only available limited time, we will see that from mission description (also stated by Marco!)

this question already answered by FPC official (Marco!), all the missions implemented with latest batch, are not time limited.
If missions get implemented that are only available limited time, we will see that from mission description (also stated by Marco!)

I will believe they won't change things when they implement the no more "no loot" they were going to do last fall.

The reasoning for 0 effect to slowing/speeding up attribute gain is mission attribute rewards are attributes gained not by skill gain as regular attributes are.

If you look at entropedia each NATURAL skill gain effects and ups your attributes. Attributes slow cause the amount of skill gains to actually gain points in your skills increases causing skill gain to slow...

so since these attributes are rewarded outside skill gain basis.. I would say 0 effect but also like I said to early to tell no test yet done.

This would mean that the Attribute gains from missions are more beneficial for high level Avatars than they are for lower level Avatars

This could sum up my thread :p thx

Imho it depends a lot on your playingstyle.

More missions will come in future, and the chance that these missions will also reward with attribute and skillgains is high!

How long will you wait?

If you wait to long you will have 100+ unfinished missions, and chance to complete all of them bevor next batch of missions will be implemented gets smaller and smaller.

If you are relatively new, and got low attributes, but cycle around 5-10k PED a day, it may be good to wait with the missions, untill you reached at least 70-80 in attributes (it will be relatively fast at that turnover).

If you don´t grind that intensive, there is no gain from waiting, as already said, you won´t finish all missions bevor next missions will be implemented.

Personally I won´t wait, but I don´t grind for missions.

I accepted all those missions and moved back to my normal all day gameplay.
The missions will be completed sooner or later, without special grinding for that missions.
Some will take a little longer and some will be finished realative fast!

waiting...

I await the "final mission" that will convert L in to UL on one item per avatar! ;)

If that ever does happen, what item would you choose?! :)

I await the "final mission" that will convert L in to UL on one item per avatar! ;)

If that ever does happen, what item would you choose?! :)

off topic, and unlikely but if you made your own thread for this I would gladly give you my answer ^^.

The reasoning for 0 effect to slowing/speeding up attribute gain is mission attribute rewards are attributes gained not by skill gain as regular attributes are.

If you look at entropedia each NATURAL skill gain effects and ups your attributes. Attributes slow cause the amount of skill gains to actually gain points in your skills increases causing skill gain to slow...

so since these attributes are rewarded outside skill gain basis.. I would say 0 effect but also like I said to early to tell no test yet done.

Actually the only attribute affected by skill gain is health. All others are on their own, which is why they were a sign of how dedicated one is.
Since all attributes besides health affect professions, one get a slight boost there.

Imho it depends a lot on your playingstyle.

More missions will come in future, and the chance that these missions will also reward with attribute and skillgains is high!

How long will you wait?

If you wait to long you will have 100+ unfinished missions, and chance to complete all of them bevor next batch of missions will be implemented gets smaller and smaller.

If you are relatively new, and got low attributes, but cycle around 5-10k PED a day, it may be good to wait with the missions, untill you reached at least 70-80 in attributes (it will be relatively fast at that turnover).

If you don´t grind that intensive, there is no gain from waiting, as already said, you won´t finish all missions bevor next missions will be implemented.

Personally I won´t wait, but I don´t grind for missions.

I accepted all those missions and moved back to my normal all day gameplay.
The missions will be completed sooner or later, without special grinding for that missions.
Some will take a little longer and some will be finished realative fast!

I got your point and think I'll do the same thing :lolup:

so the question is now, does a fresly created account should wait to reach a mid lvl to start the missions?

Actually the only attribute affected by skill gain is health. All others are on their own, which is why they were a sign of how dedicated one is.
Since all attributes besides health affect professions, one get a slight boost there.

Lol... try checking out entropiawiki.com under the skill section for attributes, all skills are effected by NATURAL skill gain, I didn't say chipping in/out.

I got your point and think I'll do the same thing :lolup:

so the question is now, does a fresly created account should wait to reach a mid lvl to start the missions?

Would advice to wait until 60 as absolute minimum. rather above 70.
Below that it is somwhow a waste, because after 60 you will feel the slowdown really badly.
Besides that, own choice.

Lol... try checking out entropiawiki.com under the skill section for attributes, all skills are effected by NATURAL skill gain, I didn't say chipping in/out.

Maybe you recheck again, because only health is affected by skill gain.
Attributes affect professions and there is now way to chip your attributes up or down.

Maybe you recheck again, because only health is affected by skill gain.
Attributes affect professions and there is now way to chip your attributes up or down.

Yes as i said you can't chip attributes other than health... But if attribute gain wasn't based on NATURAL skill gain then you could shoot for strength, craft for agility and shove a stick up your ass for intellegence.. :lolup:

:yay: I like the attribute missions ! :dance:

I was waiting for my pistol to move up a level - so I did the armax mission .. nothing. Did a small hunt with UL weaponry .. NOTHING!
Even went and got the 100 feff mission done .. nothing !

went to claim my agility point .. and DING - leveled up ! :cool:

Never understood skilling just for skilling's sake. I get bored even in the 100 missions (level 1). As stated above and on several other threads by others, I look at them (and the associated rewards) as bonuses added to my regular progress through the game. I can't even imagine going through the 10k missions just for the +1 attrib. In my opinion, there is no point in choosing skilling over missions or the other way around. Just toss on the list all the missions, and eventually, one by one, they all go to the second level, the third and so on.

And here's the funny thing... Found out today, teaming with a nice girl(ish) ava for a couple of hours fun, that once signed up, I really-really can forget about those dreadful missions, no special attention needed. Because, shooting some dinos over a walk and some coffee in the trox's valley, we noticed (rejoicing, I might add) that the kills count for both of us toward finishing our missions. I don't know if it's mentioned anywhere else - might be old news - but for us it was great news! Hope it's the same for others like us, who didn't figure it out yet, by themselves :cool:

And I noticed that some users are annoyed by the mob's density (or respawn rate), in some specific missions, on the higher levels. Teaming up rather than shooting by yourself might be very useful here. Don't need 10k times 5 anymore (for instance), 10k mob should be enough for a 5 members team.

Last edited:
PamelaEve;2411874 then my question is said:
yes... attributes are gained slower as you progress... the more you have, the harder it will be to gain them

if yes, that mean we should wait the more we can before doing the mission?

depends if you're having fun while you wait:D

No point in waiting for 80 agility to do something if it will take you two years to get there...

I think what you're saying is that if you had 50 Agility and then got 10 more Agility from missions, you would still skill Agility as if you had 50?

That is possible I guess, although posts from FPC have acknowledged that avatars doing the missions with high attributes gain more skill-volume than those with low attributes.

Never understood skilling just for skilling's sake. I get bored even in the 100 missions (level 1). As stated above and on several other threads by others, I look at them (and the associated rewards) as bonuses added to my regular progress through the game. I can't even imagine going through the 10k missions just for the +1 attrib. In my opinion, there is no point in choosing skilling over missions or the other way around. Just toss on the list all the missions, and eventually, one by one, they all go to the second level, the third and so on.

And here's the funny thing... Found out today, teaming with a nice girl(ish) ava for a couple of hours fun, that once signed up, I really-really can forget about those dreadful missions, no special attention needed. Because, shooting some dinos over a walk and some coffee in the trox's valley, we noticed (rejoicing, I might add) that the kills count for both of us toward finishing our missions. I don't know if it's mentioned anywhere else - might be old news - but for us it was great news! Hope it's the same for others like us, who didn't figure it out yet, by themselves :cool:

And I noticed that some users are annoyed by the mob's density (or respawn rate), in some specific missions, on the higher levels. Teaming up rather than shooting by yourself might be very useful here. Don't need 10k times 5 anymore (for instance), 10k mob should be enough for a 5 members team.

You state kills count for both members in the team of two. While that is true, it's not entirely accurate. The person doing the killshot gets the count. So in a team when each get some killshots you will see a increase in kills for both teammembers, but not with a single kill.

Hey, the whole thing is faaar from accurate! :) I was excited about that for 3'27" (more or less several tenths of a sec.), but not THAT excited to conduct a statistical study. I don't know what happens if say one of the members kills Molisks and another Argonauts, or if both members kill Feffoids, but in 2 different LA, or if one member do the kills and another one provides applause, coffee and moral support and so on. But...

...I wanted to have fun with somebody I liked, and I had the idea to go hunting together the same mob (100 level for her, 500 for me, though). Meaning: chating, laughing while shooting at the same target. So we decided to do 1 kill and see what happens. We checked our counters, and it was for real: 1 kill that counted as 1 kill each. Remembered to check again at 25 kills and my number matched her's. After that it didn't matter anymore at all, just had fun and globals :yay: So...

...I think this is relevant for guys like us, don't know about those who are serious about skilling or doing the missions, as a goal. Someone more dedicated could start a real study and post the final report as part of a tutorial and get rich after countless EFD and rep donations :)

Last edited:
Someone more dedicated could start a real study and post the final report as part of a tutorial and get rich after countless EFD and rep donations :)

May I can already sum up this thread in my original post if anyone interested? ;)

So we decided to do 1 kill and see what happens. We checked our counters, and it was for real: 1 kill that counted as 1 kill each. Remembered to check again at 25 kills and my number matched her's. After that it didn't matter anymore at all, just had fun and globals :yay: So...

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for reporting.

Hey, the whole thing is faaar from accurate! :) I was excited about that for 3'27" (more or less several tenths of a sec.), but not THAT excited to conduct a statistical study. I don't know what happens if say one of the members kills Molisks and another Argonauts, or if both members kill Feffoids, but in 2 different LA, or if one member do the kills and another one provides applause, coffee and moral support and so on. But...

...I wanted to have fun with somebody I liked, and I had the idea to go hunting together the same mob (100 level for her, 500 for me, though). Meaning: chating, laughing while shooting at the same target. So we decided to do 1 kill and see what happens. We checked our counters, and it was for real: 1 kill that counted as 1 kill each. Remembered to check again at 25 kills and my number matched her's. After that it didn't matter anymore at all, just had fun and globals :yay: So...

...I think this is relevant for guys like us, don't know about those who are serious about skilling or doing the missions, as a goal. Someone more dedicated could start a real study and post the final report as part of a tutorial and get rich after countless EFD and rep donations :)

What type of team did you create? I have tried it with some soc mates, that were hunting somewhere else, but their kills didn't count for me and my kills didn't count for them..

Allways 'queue', we balance everything at the end of the day. So, you saying - the same mob in different LAs doesn't work? It's unlike the loot sharing, that goes on as long as the team is on, even when one of the members is not there.

What type of team did you create? I have tried it with some soc mates, that were hunting somewhere else, but their kills didn't count for me and my kills didn't count for them..

Its not only when others are far away, it definately doesn´t count for all in the team, even if all shoot at the same mob!

We do some Atrox Swunts nearly every day, and the kills doesn´t count for several people.
Only the lucky one that does the final killstrike gets the kill counted for the mission, although all shot at the same mob!

Allways 'queue', we balance everything at the end of the day. So, you saying - the same mob in different LAs doesn't work? It's unlike the loot sharing, that goes on as long as the team is on, even when one of the members is not there.
Ok, it could be that it only works with queue, we hunt mostly with stack share. I will give it a try tomorrow..

Back