Society Activity Tracker

Luchomucho

Guardian
Society
Dark Matter
Lucho MUCHO Ireton
I'm soc leader of Jaguar Spirit, lately my soc is growing fast (mostly with newcomers).

Then i wanted to know who remained active and who didnt, at first i kept record by hand, but after a month of doing so i made a program to help me with that.

Basically it tracks the society chat and record when was the last time someone write something there. I know this is not perfect since there can be active people that dont write in soc chat, but it happends to work for me since i dont want those people in the soc anyway.

Here is the link where you can download it

This is screenshot of the main screen where you can see when was the last time someone said something

If you have suggestions for any improvement or bug reports, let me know by posting here or you can find me through one of my soc mate ingame, there is usually some of them in Limnadian District Sweat group.

Also if you like and use the program please consider making a donation which will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
nice tool!

But it only runs when you are logged in right? So it's not accurate (different time zones when you will be sleeping?). You'd need to have everyone in your soc run this program to make sure you are filling in the black holes when you're not online. And let them send you their trackings after a period of time.

I really wish MA would make a system something like this..

+rep

Yes, you have to be online for it to work, but it's just an estimate on soc members activity and that's ok enough for me.
Also i keep EU on while at home doing other stuff.

Ofc, it will be much simpler & accurate if MA does it, but until that i have this tool :)

Awesome thanks I been needing something like this ;)

great tool mate, this is something we have needed for a long time. :thumbup:

That's a step in the right direction!

Have you contacted Starfinder about this? Perhaps you could work together to integrate this particular feature into Entropia Tracker.

It would add more useful funcitonality on that tool's end for societies, and would give you some exposure for your work.

That's a step in the right direction!

Have you contacted Starfinder about this? Perhaps you could work together to integrate this particular feature into Entropia Tracker.

It would add more useful funcitonality on that tool's end for societies, and would give you some exposure for your work.

Good idea, ty, i'll contact him

The initial problem i can see with such a tool is how accurate it is.

If I understand how it works, X soc members from the same soc runs the client. Via their soc chat they can see who posts [soc] messages. And the program/website/whatever aggregates the soc's data and presents who has last spoken (or globalled if we use ET as well) in order to give an idea of when a certain person was online last.. Yes?

If this is how it works - then it wont work.
Each person can - via the friends list, change avatar names for their local client.
Here's a random line from my chat.log
2011-02-26 16:16:06 [Society] [PE - Cyber] hi starfinder

Now, his name isent "PE - Cyber" .. I have just changed his name to be that so i can "group" all Planet Express members together in the friends list.

So, unless everyone in your soc has the exact same spelling for everyone else in the soc - then it wont be accurate.

.. a shame really..

I worked out the naming problem giving each avatar multiple names, each one has a nick name (how i call him), a full name (the one from EU), and several chat names (the ones that appear on the log).

That way the log name can be one and the real name other.

How it works now is that it read the soc chat log, when it sees a new avatar it doesn't know the name is shown inside brakets [], then you can create a profile for it (double click), or associate that chat name with an existing one. (merge)

Another thing is that my current implementation is for one person, so only tracks when i'm logged in. I though the implementation you said to have different members using the software and then joining the data, but i haven't implemented it yet. The integration can be done using the full name of the avatar, so i think it can work.

Back