Somaly Mam

Mariko Ninja

Prowler
Society
The Gladiators
Mariko Ninja Torranaga
Hi all, for those who wonder what I have been doing the past few months.

I have been helping some girls.
Here is a short movie

If after seeing this short movie you want to help with the fight ?

Please visit the link below and make more people aware of this injustice.

http://www.somaly.org

She was forced to have sex with hundreds of men before she turned 10. After such a brutal past, what does her future hold? In a Marie Claire exclusive, Sreypov Chan tells her phenomenal life story.

She remembers Sreypov being angry when the two first met, which is not unusual for newly rescued girls. Some have been tortured so badly, they have deep cuts and welts or, astonishingly, nails hammered into their skulls. Little surprise, then, that they have "problems with authority," Somaly says. "You can guide them, but they have to learn things for themselves." Case in point: After three years at the center, Sreypov wanted to see her mother. The visit was brief, and painful. The mother claimed she didn't know Sreypov had been sent to a brothel. Her daughter didn't believe that.

Read the full story here.

http://www.marieclaire.com/world-reports/news/diary-escaped-sex-slave

I'm not sure this is against the forum rules.
I am sorry if it is.

Last edited:
Me doing Rextelums struggling with crap returns :silly2: u helping these girls.
Puts things in perspective doesn't it.

Gl Mariko and do pop in every now and then if only for all the chocolate i have to give to Kal ;)

Me doing Rextelums struggling with crap returns :silly2: u helping these girls.
Puts things in perspective doesn't it.

Gl Mariko and do pop in every now and then if only for all the chocolate i have to give to Kal ;)

Thanks Droops, I will drop in if I have time.
Currently at home, but soon leaving again.

Give my regards to The Gladiators.

Last edited:
Hey MarikoooooOOOOOooooOOOoooooo !!!!

So happy to have some news !! :yay:

I'm so proud of you !! if you can help them even a little its really nice !
Hope to see you soon ! waiting for my chocolate lol

gl in your project !

See you soon :)

Mariko,

Crimes such as these make me sick to my heart. All the best to you and to those that you are helping.

Warm regards,
Skeezer

Hey MarikoooooOOOOOooooOOOoooooo !!!!

So happy to have some news !! :yay:

I'm so proud of you !! if you can help them even a little its really nice !
Hope to see you soon ! waiting for my chocolate lol

gl in your project !

See you soon :)

Thank you Kalya !
Chocolate ? The others don’t have any ? lol

Mariko,

Crimes such as these make me sick to my heart. All the best to you and to those that you are helping.

Warm regards,
Skeezer

Thank you skeezer, I simply could not sit back, I had to help somehow.

Indeed it made me feel sick too.
My view of our world changed dramatically in past months.
I knew about the problem but always been too busy with my own life.
A whole new dark side of this world opened up for me.
But it is even worse than most people think.

December – 13 – 2010
Babies bred for sale in Nigeria.

Neighbors were suspicious of the daytime silence at the maternity clinic that came to life only after nightfall, though never suspected its disquieting secret -- it was breeding babies for sale. But recent police raids have revealed an alleged network of such clinics, dubbed baby "farms" or "factories" in the local press, forcing a new look at the scope of people trafficking in Nigeria. At the hospital in Enugu, a large city in Nigeria's south-east, 20 teenage girls were rescued in May in a police swoop on what was believed to be one of the largest infant trafficking rings in the West African country.

The doctor in charge, who is now on trial, reportedly lured teenagers with unwanted pregnancies by offering to help with abortion. They would be locked up there until they gave birth, whereupon they would be forced to give up their babies for a token fee of around 20 000 naira ($170). The babies would then be sold to buyers for anything between 300 000 and 450 000 naira ($2 500 and $3 800) each, according to a state agency fighting human trafficking in Nigeria, the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (Naptip).

http://mg.co.za/article/2008-11-09-babies-bred-for-sale-in-nigeria

In India (sex) slaves are kept, when they are older, for breeding children.
Boys become slave labors in the brothels. Girls become new sex slaves,

Meena’s owners also wanted to breed her, as is common in Indian brothels. One purpose is to have boys to be laborers and girls to be prostitutes, and a second is to have hostages to force the mother to cooperate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/22/opinion/22kristof.html

I am a mother of two daughters.
I would go insane if something like that happen to them. :(

Back