Some sort of mailing system?

Nazcoul

Mature
Society
Super Troopers
Nazcoul "Naz" Fellhound
Howdy!
We live in this modern world. We got teleports to ease our traveling, we get revived by a hyper modern nano technology if we somehow trow a rock at a angry atrox.

But i fail to see how we dont have some sort of "mailing system". For centuries we had the post office deliver packages. But now we are back to the primitiv way of having to meet the person, well, in person to be able to deliver what we need to deliver. (he also needs to be online ofc)

My wish is to get some sort of mailing system ingame, where players could send stuff to other persons.

There would be 2 ways of sending something.
We would have the normal "mail" where u just send the stuff u want to send, and the reciver could pick it up from some sort of terminal.

And then we have the C.o.D mail (cash on delivery). Where u put the stuff you want the reciver to get, and type in the price you want for it. The reciver can then see the items, and the MU for it. And then get the items by paying the price :)

Example:
Guy1: Howdy m8! just got that armor piece u been looking for in a loot.
Guy2: Nice! U anywhere close to a TP?
Guy1: Nah, but il just send it to you in the mail when i get to an outpost?
Guy2: Ok, il prob pick it up later today, gotha log now so..
Guy1: Ok, ill just send it as a c.o.d.. lets say tt+10?
Guy2: Sure, sound good! have a good one! Bye.
Guy1: You to, bye!

(Guy2 now have to pay the tt+10 to get the item out of the "mailbox" when he gets online)

And if the item dont get picked up in like.. one week? the mail gets returned to the original sender :)

I think this would be really great for us hunters/miners/traders/crafters that have fixed buyers. So we really dont have to wait for them to be online. Since we got alot of different gmt timezones we arent allways able to be online at the same time.

Just an idea i got on my wishlist :)

Think you will find that there have been many threads in 'Wishlist' about this sort of thing :)

And yeh its a great idea :)

Hmm, I can see how that would work for some :thumbup:

Personally, I hate to be sent mail, and probably never pick it up. If someone is that desperate to contact me, they can do so at EF.

:)

Like the idea - possibly could be done via adding an extra part to the current auction interface. Maybe under a tab labelled "Personal" or something. At least that'd solve the problem of annoying timezones and arranging meetups.

The only downside I can see is people spamming mailboxes with bottles of sweat. :laugh:

If someone is that desperate to contact me, they can do so at EF.

:)

Yeah i see how people can contact eachother on the forum aswell :)
But if i got, lets say some Oils i know my buyer pays 102% for, it would be great to be able just to send that to him now and them :)
That way I would not have to wait for him, he wait for me, or have to arrange meetings trough the EF ;)

He logs on:
Oh, i see that i got a tiny mail icon next to my radar. I bet that is my hunter dude sending me some more stuff. Ill just head over to the mailterminal and get that now :)

I log on:
Oh, i see that i got a tiny mail icon next to my radar. I bet that is my trader dude that have picked up the mail i send last night. Ill just head over to the mailterminal and get PED's :)

The only downside I can see is people spamming mailboxes with bottles of sweat. :laugh:

Could be fixed with something like.. hmm.. u cant send more than X numbers of mails in 24hours?

or even implent some sort of fee? like 0,01 pec each mail?
(Nothing like half a ped each mail, that would just ruin the whole point and ppls would not use it.)

I'd like to see estates have mail boxes that you could send items to instantly for a small fee.

Also, if there was some way of utilising players as couriers so they could earn an income, that would be even better. :)

Back