Some Suggestions for Malls

zabadoodee

Provider
Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Zabadoodee Zab Xanthron
A few suggestions for malls

1. If rent is unpaid, maybe it could show a closed door. It's no fun to keep getting thrown out of stores when they have unpaid rent.

2. When viewing a clothing item for sale, could you show the avatar wearing the item in the view item window. This would allow us to try on clothes and see what they look like on our avatar.

3. Online Stores. I know this is a longshot but i'm just putting the idea out there since most brick and mortar stores have online stores. The idea would be that you could search for items and you would be directed to which store in game you could go to buy that item. This would ultimately get players into the shops where they would be more likely to buy other items or visit other shops.

4. Put a section on the auction showing the content per store and allow to buy from there. I realize this is "against" the shop visual concept, but it would allow me to browse it easily from anywhere and even buy from anywhere.

Imagine the new potential & business which can be made through it.
And of people would not want to "buy" from the auction as a principle of having the shops elsewhere, then let them "reserve" it to pick it up later. The amount of ped is immediately redrawn from your account upon reservation.

Atami

5. Have a floor directory of all open shops at each entrance to the Malls

Mall owners should be able to evict tenents who continually refuse to pay rent. The shops should be used by people wanting to run a business, not as an investment. Increase load times, especially for shop keepers. During the past 6 months or so, I can wait 5 mins or more for all the items in a shop keeper to load, this was never the case before.

Mall owners should be able to evict tenents who continually refuse to pay rent. The shops should be used by people wanting to run a business, not as an investment. Increase load times, especially for shop keepers. During the past 6 months or so, I can wait 5 mins or more for all the items in a shop keeper to load, this was never the case before.
Mall owners should be able to evict IF AND ONLY IF the mall owner OWNS the deed. No mall owners (other then Rob Roy and some of his top story shops in Emerald) owns the shopdeeds anymore...

and actually no one OWNS anything - which is why they took the "ownership" language term off of the deed's item info screens a few vus back.

Mall owners should NOT be able to evict anyone under the current way the system is because the mall owner does not own the shop... they sold the shop deed to the current shop owner, which may or may not be the avatar listed in the estate terminal at the shop.

IRL, you pay RENT. In game there is no such thing as RENT... The owner BUYS the place and then pays a MAINTANENCE FEE, not rent, to keep it open monthly. If people that BUY things can get their stuff TAKEN AWAY, you should not limit that happening only to people that bought the shops, but to EVERYONE FOR ALL ITEMS in game... If you don't put decay on that Mod Merc or Mod Fap, they should be taken away if your idea is followed because they are not incurring the decay fee (i.e. the monthly rent for that UL item) due to Mindark, are they?...

The shops should be used by people wanting to run a business, not as an investment.
All items should be used by people wanting to use them, i.e. guns used by hunters, miners should never mine stuff up if they are not going to craft with it themselves, etc., right?... no reselling by traders at Twin as that makes the items an investment?... Right?!?... HECK NO!

This is a REAL CASH ECONOMY. If someone wants to trade, that's a part of the game, so it should be allowed. Same goes for estates.

I do agree though, lag is a bad thing, and they need to fix it. I also agree that it's a bad thing if people tie up the estates, but the fact is they bought those deeds, so should not just have them randomly taken away if they mis-manage the place... otherwise MA should take away everything that anyone mismanages... MA claims that decay costs is 1.00 per hour or so of gameplay, so maybe they should strip you of all your gear if you don't pay them at least one dollar an hour? I think not...

MA should do something to help the shop owners do a better job... putting the items in the shops on auction for free, or maybe as a benefit for paying their monthly fee so that the closed shop's items are not listed might help a heck of a lot!

Last edited:
Back