Space - State of the Universe - an overview and outlook of past and future

Challenger007

Mature
Science fiction allows us to push the boundaries of what is possible. Just 100 years ago, humanity could not even dream of flying into space, but today we are launching satellites that help us study the universe, predict the weather, study various natural phenomena, including tracking the melting of glaciers. I read a lot about various studies, today I read this article https://www.skyrora.com/post/observing-glacial-change-from-space . Very interesting and informative.

Dan420

Mature
Society
The Pog Champs
Dan ''Dan420'' Pimpsmoka
This is an overview for us 'spacers' to not forget how long we have been waiting for Space and what has been promised so far.
I intend to continue this list into the future as the following years state of the universes are released and hopefully we can show to Mindark that we would really apreciate if things would move on from the promised stage to 'active content'.
Please add your name to the thread if you want to show Mindark that you care about space and would appreciate if they set their focus on it.

2011:

We are still (in 2019) missing advanced engineering features, shields, heavy weapons, torpedos and some active gunner positions - which were promised during auction sales of motherships.

2012:

which sadly didnt happen :(

2013 Space was forgotten on the roadmap at first and then after an outkry of the community a promise for space was added:

which sadly didnt happen either :(

in 2014 then Space was entirely forgotten and noone cared to make any statement about it at all:
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2014/02/25/State-of-the-Universe-Address-2014.xml

2015:

Which again didnt happen.

2016:

And again - it didnt happen.

2017:

And yet again - it didnt happen.

2018:
This time we got no state of the universe at all and no mention about any promises past or future regarding space.

2019:
Waiting for this years state of the universe address and some form of recognition that entropia is called a 'universe' of which one of the most essential parts is space - cause without it there wouldnt be a universe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reading this makes me sad :/

some more love for space pls

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
I’m not sure why they refuse to develop the game. Clearly their shareholders are not interested in improved dividends.

Aloisius

Stalker
Society
Natural Born Killers
Jo Aloisius Smith
I’m not sure why they refuse to develop the game. Clearly their shareholders are not interested in improved dividends.
Bothers the hell outa me. There's three possible reasons IMO.

1. It's possible they are too liberal. Lefty commies are retarded as possible and tend to destroy whatever organization they take over. Can't rule it out?

2. Some companies keep losing positions for tax break/relief purposes. Maybe that's it?

3. Or the last one I figure, they got too much "underground" activity and can't afford to attract too much attention. Dirty laundry?

Either way, their best possible solution, and ours, is for them to sell the entire company to an actual incentivised organization.

Stefan 008 Bond

Dominant
Society
Mod Merps
Stefan 008 Bond
Bothers the hell outa me. There's three possible reasons IMO.

1. It's possible they are too liberal. Lefty commies are retarded as possible and tend to destroy whatever organization they take over. Can't rule it out?

Lol, bro are you for real with that garbage?

Nvm, i cant even..

Alainax

Elite
Society
Titans of Space
Alaina Bonnie Knight
This day, 10 years ago...

LATEST BUZZ

Space is Imminent​

June 8th​

The office is buzzing with excitement as we are getting closer and closer to the space release. With this release Entropia truly becomes the Entropia Universe with space travel between the planets and space stations for intermediate landing.
The target date for the release is set to the 21st of June 2011. Make sure you are ready for this exciting happening!

I am glad that they did at least something with the little boss wave update, and hopeful it might be the start of the real updates, and not just a token one off. It's ideal for quads, and privateers, but locks out the big ships from doing very much so most don't bother. Space could be so incredible, with not a huge amount of change, some big mobs would be a good start!

Last edited:

Wistrel

Elite
Society
Entropia Pioneers
Wistrel (Wisty) Chianti
Ah... the space update... ,-)

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
10 years after the introduction of space and with all these open promises - it would have been nice to see a space TEN event of some sorts but i guess the 10th anniversary of space was forgotten.

Starkiller

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Bendak Starkiller Mandalore
10 years after the introduction of space and with all these open promises - it would have been nice to see a space TEN event of some sorts but i guess the 10th anniversary of space was forgotten.
To another ten years! :coffee:

Wistrel

Elite
Society
Entropia Pioneers
Wistrel (Wisty) Chianti
To another ten years! :coffee:
My prediction is that it will be temporarily removed with UE5 for "short term" Interplanetary Teleporters. They might put these in the hangars and have the cost to use them to go the hangar owners. Cue much upset from the folks with small spaceships or something... I dunno... maybe not that, but something like that. I expect with a little thought they could come up with a fair ish way of postponing space implementation.

Challenger007

Mature

It would be nice if the game somehow celebrated the anniversaries of its existence, events were held for this, updates were released.

jetsina

Stalker
I see space becoming the new 'pets and taming' of an engine upgrade, along the lines of: "We have no planet partners in space to do the necessary conversions - and we are too full on workload to do it ourselves. Space will thus to wait a while for implementation under UE5." (hypothetical statement - NOT a quote from anywhere (yet)..."