SPACE WORKS ! ...... Mindsets are probably wrong !

STRICTLY MY OPINION So its all speculation ....just like everyone else !

I constantly hear both sides of the fence claiming that "Space is an epic fail !" I completely disagree with everyone ! The "EPIC FAIL" is the current mindset of most people who travel in space.

If you consider Space as a giant PVP4 area and treat it as such your mindsets may change slightly.
If MA had released Privateers and Unlimited Thrusters to the old Hangar OWners before anything else, The Hangar owners would have had their old trade back. Some may have even turned into "The Pirates!"

Very few Sleipnirs/VTOLs would have wasted time travelling from Planet to Planet if they had thrown in a way for Warp Drives to be available from the get go for the Privateers.(This alone may be the only reason it was done in reverse, to allow time for the components for warp drives to be more readily found.)

If the next stage had been the release of Motherships it could have greatly devalued them reducing the return MA got from their implementation. (That makes the release design a little more understandable). With Privateers already operational there would have been little room for the current "Warp Transport Service System." Mothership owners would have also required a means of being able to get to their ships. This could have easily been overcome by allowing people to Teleport to Space Stations at their respective Planets.

If the final release stage had been Quad-Wing Interseptors and Limited Space Thrusters then we would have been exactly where we are now but with a completely different "Mind Set"

It is possible that this is the ultimate aim of where Space is supposed to be going. Just done badly for good reasons.

The best laid plans of mice and men ....

If the releases of Space had been in this order then we might already have the Mindset of Space is a huge PVP4 and the only safe way to travel is in a Warp Capable Ship. As they were a later release the current mindset is:

"I should be allowedto travel in space without being harrassed !"
"Pirates are all thieves!"

"Space was designed this way to keep non-existant economies non-existant !"
"Equal trade opportunities for everyone between Planets can't happen because it will destroy economies that don't exist!"
"Planet Partners are supposed to generate their own player base and keep them as slaves to that planet. Only those with lots of PEDS/Deposits should be able to get a fair deal !"

.... Blah ! Blah ! Blah !...... Cry me a river of tears ....
What a load of douchebaggery !
I really don't think its about who has the fattest PED Card or the deepest RL Pocket, but more about everyone having the same opportunities of fun, advancement and "Entropia Experience" as those that do.

Logging off on Warp Ships was implemented by NindArk for these reasons. To give everyone these equal opportunities. For about eight months people were being told:

Your not supposed to log off.
Its a bug.
Itts a glitch.

"But you can do it if you pay me double my normal fee when I transport you and ......"

On the 16 th of March 2012, I placed a support case questioning the legality and legitimacy of being able to log out on Warp Ships. I was informed that it was an intentoinal feature by the developement team and not a bug.

I can't help but wonder if this was done to help balance those opportunities ....

I see the whole aspects of all the "Space is an Epic Fail ...and myriad of other similar threads as being little less than"Where is my silver platter, I had it yesterday and now I want it back !"

Somebody, Please, please, please, send the spoilt little boy who is stompping his feet for not getting his own way to his room without a loly-pop !

!

Sakuba mindset wont change the content and it wont take long until people change their minds according to the content again.

The current mindset of space as pvp zone with safe travel per warp is already there.

That the majority cant accept space is normal. When civillians are forced to enter such zone they will have no acceptance to the content. Need more content.

If I dung into my living room and put saltsticks in it, it's not a hedgehog. Even if I call it hedgehog it wont. If the dung or the saltsticks where first is no matter. There will be a hedgehog when there is a real hedgehog.

still waiting for mindark to move.

Don't go there Jerry.. you will walk into a wall of misunderstanding, misinterpretation and plain rudeness for other points of view.

I couldn't agree more, especially on your last point. If I didn't read it with my own eyes I would have trouble to believe that people who engage in PVP in a PVP-area are getting called thieves. "Shocking" doesn't even begin to cover the magnitude of the rudeness.

MA just needs to take a page from the X series games, Freelancer, and Privateer.......I really enjoyed playing those sand box games. Needless to say those games had a teeming space environment and if you pissed enough people off in something like X3 then it made it much harder to move from area to area since patrols would scan and sometime just out right attack you because you were a pirate.

So far I think what has been done so far in EU is a step (albeit little step) into making something great. There needs to be a layer of customization with the ships and a far better combat controls. Bring in some smart NPCs both good and bad who travel along the flight lanes and not just spawn. Make them reactive, meaning if you are a pirate and run across an Imperial fleet you will be attacked if you are just a good privateer then a band of NPC pirates will attack. Allow this NPC ships to be captured and stripped or used. Add drones that can be deployed for defense and a way to repair your ship on the fly like an R2D2 astromech.

I think if space is made fun there is a segment of the gaming world that would rarely step foot on any planet, but as it stands now I just can't get into it other than a long break between planets with an occasional pirate showing up to loot my 1 poop I keep on hand especially for them.

If I can't get a Mothership to warp me to another planet and I have loot I would rather chuck it in the TT rather than carry it in a quad. The risk VS reward is skewed here. Is there really any reward for bringing loot through space other than doing so on a Mothership? None in my opinion. I don't get any smuggler or privateer skill and there is really no high percentage item worth it. Maybe this will all change when they bring mining to space but unless they improve upon what they currently have I don't think I will bother. Make flying skill matter. I think all PVP especially in a PVP4 situation should be first person based you skill as a fighter not a health bar dragger should matter more in my opinion.

Don't go there Jerry.. you will walk into a wall of misunderstanding, misinterpretation and plain rudeness for other points of view.

*shies back*

Think space pvp not fail. Biggest fail is offline traveling. Been offered some time ago so ma changes some features in motherships so the si really matters.

To do that think need to take all lot to ms storage. And even if player logofs or crashes lot lets say stays there for 5 minutes. Only big si ships will be trusted much.

As now its worth to ask ma to remove si and back resources used for upgrades :D

Another fact. Then space been developed planets income rised.

Back