Question: Spaceships: Privateers, Motherships, Quad-Wings...

NevadaJake

Elite
Drake Slade Corbett
I am trying to locate information on the spaceships and seem to be coming up short. Entropedia.info has some good information.

• I want to understand what "SI" is and how you upgrade it on a Mothership? Can Privateers be upgraded as well?
  • Can Motherships be recalled to inventory like the smaller ships?
  • Can Privateers land at hangars? Can they land on normal land?
  • What happens when a Mothership/Privateer is destroyed? Does it despawn into inventory until it is repaired?
  • How does warp speed work? Is it Mothership only? Or can Privateers and Quad-wings travel at warp speed?
  • What happens to the passengers when the ship is destroyed?
  • How many passengers can a Privateer and Quad-Wing carry (if any)?
  • Do all ships have deeds, or only Motherships?
Is there a spaceship tutorial/walk-through I can read? :D

Thank you.

EDIT: I found a couple links that helped me understand as well: Beginner's Guide and Space Guide.

Last edited:
Ill try my best to respond, but my experience is only of Motherships not Privateers :ahh:

I want to understand what "SI" is and how you upgrade it on a Mothership? Can Privateers be upgraded as well?
The SI is the structural integrity of the ship. How much damage it can take before it will be destroyed. Divided between the ships repair stations. You add materials to the SI station to increase SI.
Can Motherships be recalled to inventory like the smaller ships?
No, they have a deed, like an appartment kind of :)
Can Privateers land at hangars? Can they land on normal land?
Not currently, but who knows what the future holds :)
What happens when a Mothership/Privateer is destroyed? Does it despawn into inventory until it is repaired?

It re-spawns at the nearest space station, the crew either revive on board or on the space station where they can teleport back to the ship

How does warp speed work? Is it Mothership only? Or can Privateers and Quad-wings travel at warp speed?

It doesnt work on quads, just larger ships.

What happens to the passengers when the ship is destroyed?
They float in space shortly then "choke" and revive on the ship or space station, depending if ship has re-spawned its self or not
How many passengers can a Privateer and Quad-Wing carry (if any)?
2 in a quad I dont know about privateers
Do all ships have deeds, or only Motherships?
The larger ships do
:)

Are Motherships and Privateers similar in many ways? Both have deeds? Both can't land on a planet? Both can carry many passengers (maybe)? Are both always in space/at a space station? Both can achieve warp speed?

:cool:

Last edited:
Are Motherships and Privateers simialr in many ways? Both have deeds? Both can't land on a planet? Both can carry many passengers (maybe)? Are both always in space/at a space station? Both can achieve warp speed?

:cool:

There are many similarities :) , however one of the main difference is the hangar facilities abaord a mothership. So you can spawn a vehicle inside a Motherships hangar, and fly out :) Great for atmospheric departure.

Afaik, the only way to board or exit a Privateers is summon or teleport :) ( but again, Im not so hot on privateers :ahh: only been aboard a few of them)

I read that Motherships can summon us up from planets, but we have to find our own way down. Is it the same with Privateers?

I read that Motherships can summon us up from planets, but we have to find our own way down. Is it the same with Privateers?

As far as im aware, both can summon up ( from planet to ship)

Both have the option for you to teleport to the space station to get down ( then 7 ped teleport fee to get from space station to the planet) - but some motherships also allow you to fly out and down at the planets atmosphere, which case you can bypass the 7 ped teleport fee and pay the 2 ped atmosphere fee instead.

Edit - also , if you have left a privateer to a space station, you can fly from a space station in a quad through pvp to the planet.

Last edited:
You can also enter a privateer by right clicking on it if you're near it in a sleipnir or quad. I imagine that privateers can hold 50 players, just like motherships. I don't think it's ever been tested... but it'd be pretty crowded.

You can also enter a privateer by right clicking on it if you're near it in a sleipnir or quad. I imagine that privateers can hold 50 players, just like motherships. I don't think it's ever been tested... but it'd be pretty crowded.

Ya I'd like to know, toying with the idea of MAYBE buying one and knowing the passanger limit would be handy.

Ya I'd like to know, toying with the idea of MAYBE buying one and knowing the passanger limit would be handy.

You are welcome to use the Space Academy's ship Pathfinder XV to test out the passenger limit.
Our ship is open to visitors, so feel free to gather http://arbos.edicy.co/

Contact me in game if you have the gang.

I have confirmed the passenger limit on motherships at 50 as listed by mindark.
For privateers there never was one officially announced, however on a middle sized test i have boarded one with around 20 people successfully. I personally think if they had the same capacity as mothersahips they would be unbalanced since they one have 2 repairpoints. Since every passenger can held a repairtool i think the maximum number is also a balancing question for how strong a ship shall be allowed to be in defence.

Found out today there is 2 spots for each repair point so a lot more room for repairs than I previously thought.

Found out today there is 2 spots for each repair point so a lot more room for repairs than I previously thought.

Where is the 2nd Prop spot?

Both ends of the machine can be repaired

Both ends of the machine can be repaired

ah ok.. Guess I thought you meant a separate spot... 2-3 people can also stand on top of that station and repair from above.

Back