Question: SSD and EU

Phil Surtees

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Phil Hill Surtees
Has anyone tried using a solid state drive to run EU, or alternatively for storing the dynamic content folder? It seems to me that the faster data access might help gameplay, but they are expensive to experiment with, so I would appreciate any input from others experiences.

It should greatly improve teleporting to distant areas and loading avatars in crowded cities.

Don't expect more frames per second though.

no worries

Don't worry about it, SSD's work great in your pc, for EU as well.
They generally improve performance and load times. Ofc, it cannot improve your internet connection :)
btw, I've been using ssd's for 3 years on EU now :)

Naomi

My system is running on SSD and EU was by mistake installed on the same drive. It was fast loading but not much different to my old config with Raid0 (Softwareraid 2 x 500GB WD Black)

currently setup

SSD 124GB System only (WIN 7 Pro 64Bit)
Raid0 - 2 x 500 GB WD Black Edition 2 partition 200/300GB 200GB for programs and 300 for data.

I run EU on fullscreen with max. settings and not often notice any lag (Twin PA sometimes for a short time)

I run a 2x Sata 6GB/s Intel 510-series SSD in stripe, and the performance difference between my previous mechanical disc is atleast 10 times faster. Teleporting and loading zones takes 3-4 seconds compared to prevoius 30-40 seconds.

I use SSD drive.. works nice..
when i stream ppl asked me if i did bequse of speed ingame.. so i gues it speed the game up abit.
:cool:

I run a 2x Sata 6GB/s Intel 510-series SSD in stripe, and the performance difference between my previous mechanical disc is atleast 10 times faster. Teleporting and loading zones takes 3-4 seconds compared to prevoius 30-40 seconds.

Umm... my setup has an old sata drive for entropia, and i don't get anywhere that long loading, 10 sec max.

Im having issues with my SSD getting full too fast, can you recommend a workaround?

Im having issues with my SSD getting full too fast, can you recommend a workaround?

Decrease the size of your page file. Disable hibernation. That should free up some gigs.

Decrease the size of your page file. Disable hibernation. That should free up some gigs.
you have to desable all cache and prefetch on SSD since they are useless , or even increase load time. plus disable defrag.

i use SSD for 2 years on entropia works very good , help a lot all loading time.

Umm... my setup has an old sata drive for entropia, and i don't get anywhere that long loading, 10 sec max.

Video or it didnt happen.

Subbing...I have 2 SSDs RAIDed at home but they are only 60 GB. :( I should have gotten more capacity - need to remember this thread so I can free some space.

SSD is tah shit for loading up game/content

Using one SSD for Win7 and one for EU (and EU only), rest goes to a bunch
of Raptors... working great. :)

Thanks for all the responses. I will get one.

Back