Steep Hills fixed,what about solid trees?

ppl saying that claims inside solid trees is a bug, that is not a bug it truly is designed to be so. same with mobs if you kill the mob on a hill you cant climb on, its your fault not the programs.

the damn trees and hills are part of the experience, thats what i prefer it more than crafting, you have to think where do you drop the bombs, not just randomly running like headless chicken and dropping bombs

whats the point of forums, if one cannot post ones opinion on it. Kinda stupid if this is just meant to be a place where to whine about stuff

Seriously Abdullah,u really mean what ur talking about?? :eek:
IF solid trees werent a bug then All trees would be solid not just some.Its obvious u havent mine a lot (if u have any) after VU,then u wouldnt call it "Experience".I really wanna see u getting an 20k in a tree just for fun :yay:
If u believe MA have put trees and hills to make u think where to bomb then its simply retarded cause like this its impossible to do a decent ped burn in a day.If u should start scanning the hole area and check every tree in 100yard radius before a drop a bomb then 1st im gonna drop like max 50 probes a day 2nd u gonna need to run up and down half the map to find places that Dont have trees or hills.
Now about ur opinions i dont care no matter how far from logic they can be,its democracy after all, as long as u dont reply to ppl like this
lIts part of the game so please shut the :censored: off

So when you mined, you could run through trees. Obviously you dont mine now or you would have a problem with this just like everyone else. What if 1 out of 10 mobs you shot were unlootable due to a glitch. Would you really just chalk it up as an experience. Maybe if this were any other game, but when people deposit real money (and some of us, quite a bit) we expect at least our moneys worth. I dont bitch and whine about bad returns... but when the loot that is rightfully mine is stuck inside an object, I get pissed. This hasn't happened to me yet thankfully, but I do agree with those making cases about it. If you dont agree, stay out of the thread.

Exactly what Congadawg said,this is not Hello Kitty Online :mad:
Ppl invest in this game IRL money,they have expectations from it!!

In real life you cannot place a claim rod inside a tree either so...

True ...
I'd just call Bush jr. and his good ole' boys.
Tell them there's oil in the tree .. they'll invade it! ;)

Honestly though, I've only dropped 3 or 400 bombs since CryEngine and I haven't lost any yet to a tree/unclimbable hill/inaccesible rod. If/When the time comes though ... I'm sure I'll be here, bitchin' too :)

I have mined in VU10 and I have got claims that I coudltn get, i agree its annoying

ppl saying that claims inside solid trees is a bug, that is not a bug it truly is designed to be so. same with mobs if you kill the mob on a hill you cant climb on, its your fault not the programs. its different from a coding glitch where the mob is on plain land and your at it and it says its unlootable

fixing it by removing solid trees is just insane because if they remove them it would be same to make mining similiar to crafting, just stay still and press a button once in a while, the damn trees and hills are part of the experience, thats what i prefer it more than crafting, you have to think where do you drop the bombs, not just randomly running like headless chicken and dropping bombs

whats the point of forums, if one cannot post ones opinion on it. Kinda stupid if this is just meant to be a place where to whine about stuff

Designed to be so you say...yes perhaps solid objects but i hardly imagine it´s MA´s intension that people will loose tons of claims OVER time to come thx to this flaw.

You say you´ve been mining in vu10 but its obvious u dont mine alot since ur damn ignorant to a big problem. "You have to think where you drop the bombs and blabla"...that is just a lol! I wont even bother to explain why...mine some more, mine some domes on CND etc etc and you hopefully understand my point.

Personally i have over 2k peds stuck in rocks and trees (ie 1 vast zinc). Then i get pissed of reading your ignorant posts Abdullah, about how people should shut up and stop whining...seem to me ur hardly a guy with alot to loose when your mining.

It´s a flaw (amongst others) and it need to be fixed...end of story!

Well, in RL people dont go around dropping bombs and sucking rocks out of claims :D Just saying............;)

I just got my first reply from the support case :

"Unfortunately we can not compensate for claims stuck in stones and trees at the current time but rest assured that we are investigating this problem and future information will be posted on the News section of our website."

So we come to two conclusions : 1st Of Course this is not designed to be so 2nd its only fair that they refound ppl as they did for the hills too.
Good to hear they are investigating the issue nevertheless :rolleyes:

Well, the solid trees and rocks aren't a bug, but the claim rods need to be coded not to spawn in solid objects. Simply make it so they spawn directly next to it if it would otherwise spawn in a solid object.

Well, the solid trees and rocks aren't a bug, but the claim rods need to be coded not to spawn in solid objects. Simply make it so they spawn directly next to it if it would otherwise spawn in a solid object.

Agreed...that´s why i refered to it as a flaw...not a bug =)

I just got my first reply from the support case :

"Unfortunately we can not compensate for claims stuck in stones and trees at the current time but rest assured that we are investigating this problem and future information will be posted on the News section of our website."

I dont mine, and dont like to get into this whole tree's/hills/rocks issue

BUT

I think it a bit unfair if they dont compensate THEN fix it later.

Maybe if everyone just stopped mining completely this would become more of a priority.

Just dont mine, its unfair for people to lose a claim to a TREE!!!

Big arse mountains, yeah you can take steps to avoid those.. but not a tree.

Thats rediculous.

If ma cant compensate.. but then fix it later, thats gonna stick in your throat.

So stop.

Just my :twocents:

Well, if rocks aren't solid, why should trees be solid ?!!

And besides, if trees weren't solid, the miners would be happy.

I once found a IX Lysterium inside a rock. I extracted. How ?. I went inside the rock and extracted. It should happen in trees. It's much EASIER than programming the detectors/detetectonators to not find claims in trees

I got the same reply.

My next question will be why cant they compensate.It a bug,they know and admit in the support reply its a bug and they COULD compensate if they wanted to.

Cannot compensate at the current time..no explanation no infromation on why they can't but ..CURRENT time means they will in the future?.Just the usual vague statement from them that we can do nothing about apart from bend over or stop playing..very professional:(

"Rest assured" lol i thought that meant calm down and dont worry and everything will be fine...but it clearly is'nt fine is it :(

My stuck find was only a IX,annoying and not a bank breaker for me but i'll feel for the people that have tree HOFS :eek:

Dont know if it would help, but if MA increase how far away from the claim you can stand and suck'it up, will probebly help in both cases.

Rapido

Back