story from the hive

chesta

Old Alpha
Society
RTr
Bagutta chesta Bonestorm
This story eventually happened in the hive:
(some experience down there is helpful to understand every detail)

I ran down the stairs to check out my fav mob, Brood of Bram, during the silent hours.

Folding the first few, I noticed the silence around me. Not many hunters down here. Minutes later, one green dot arrived, passed Bram and entered the cave next to it. He claimed a spot in a corner, started killing the brood. Another guy was working on unruly already when I came in.

Still not too many, maybe a good time to take a look at Bells cave for some free pecs, as even larva-guy might be off?

Although the return was ok, I quit Bram and ran towards Bell, passing another cave, where actually someone else was hunting, one of four avas in the hive at that time, including myself.
Wanted to see how he performs, so I changed my path to take a closer look
-and it was worth it. He killed a brood every 2-3 seconds, a total mess around him. Watching this oddly felt like following a plow truck on the highway. The brood population was in panic, no surprise they recently started throwing adj Faps desperately at hunters. What would you do?
The thick air of sweat and fear repelled me, I remembered my plan and turned around.
A glance at my radar told me that Bells cave was free, as they stood evenly spread in their cave. (If larva-guy was on they would all hide in the opposite site corner, cringing in shame. That probably because even the hatching guards failed to protect the larva)

I fought my way thru to the nest, unfortunately there were only 5 or so larva for me to pick up. Never mind, I decided to go back to Bram. Leaving the cave, I was walking backwards to finish the last one. Suddenly a mob spawned in the center of the cave: Bell!
Adrenaline level 100 in not-even-a-second, I never met any other Boss besides Bram, yet.
Finally a step forward for the super-duper reward mission!
It was an uneven fight, Bell fell so soon. There was no time to cry he didn’t drop me a bone: >> Francis has spawned << banner all over the screen!

(I’ve had Francis triggered month before with a Bram bosskill; failed so miserably that I don’t want to talk about it. But I learned a lot, which was important now)

At this moment it became clear that all other hunters in the hive were unfortunately not looking at their screen in this very second; probably getting a coffee. No one moved, stopped shooting or even asked what this was about. Good for me I thought while killing two more Brood of Bell to finally get out of their area. I knew where to go, this time I even knew what he does! I found him but kept the distance to reposition myself the way you stand best to control the mobs first move when you start shooting. Didn’t want the same mess to happen again. But what did this bloody failure do? He ran off to the same side, literally trough my legs and vanished into the next cave where another player was actively botting. (*)
I tried to follow but I cant kill all brood levels, especially if its more than one. So they brought me down before I passed the gate to the cave…
Regained consciousness after the terminal re-assembled my DNA. I started running back, fearing that I might lose Francis again!
Coming closer I saw the three broods where still chewing on the body of my past being. I could enter the cave no problem. It took me a second to scan the situation: Francis was still alive! Unharmed he ran left-and-right in a corner, pushing hard against the wall. Now this was the moment where modern game play came in handy. The other hunter seemed happy with his broods and did quite a good job. I hopped in fully and stood next to him. We obviously had an unspoken agreement that he protects my ass from the brood while I would focus on Francis. Well at least he continued shooting. So I pulled out my Marine Stalker and started firing rounds aswell. There we stood next to each other, in the center of a circle of blood, flesh and shells. Francis was still trying to flee through the wall, but he was getting weaker and weaker. Finally a critical hit ended the life of “Francis the failure”.
Checking the loot I had to understand that he as well did not drop a single bone (which I thought was impossible, but my hearsay was small samplesize).

In the end I did not get a single bone out of possibly four that day…
still my name is Bonestorm.
Probably just a calm, not even windy day @ the hive.

Thanks for reading :D

(*)
I understand there is a difference between between ‘fully automated gameplay’ and ‘F-repeat’. When I say “bot” or “botting” in this text, I’m referring to the second interpretation.

Last edited:
At this moment it became clear that all other hunters in the hive where unfortunately not looking at their screen at this very second; probably getting a coffee.
Botting goes poof.

Besides that, that was a really fun read. Thanks for sharing it and I enjoyed it a lot. Brings me back and always helps me remember that this is an MMORPG. RPG, Role Playing Game. You can absolutely create your own adventures and stories and let the imagination flow.

Thank you =D

Fun read! Thanks!!! :)

Also, I rather refer to that larva guy as an "exploiter"! He literally programs the avatar to log in and pick all the larvae and log out before his safe bubble pops. MA really should fix that, the guy milks the game for peds in a way not intended. But I guess MA doesn't mind throwing away peds :p

This story eventually happened in the hive:
(some experience down there is helpful to understand every detail but not necessary)

I ran down the stairs to check out my fav mob, Brood of Bram, during the silent hours.

Folding the first few, I noticed the silence around me. Not many hunters down here. Minutes later, one green dot arrived, passed Bram and entered the cave next to it. He claimed a spot in a corner, started killing the brood. Another guy was working on unruly already when I came in.

Still not too many, maybe a good time to take a look at Bells cave for some free pecs, as even larva-guy might be off?

Although the return was ok, I quit Bram and ran towards Bell, passing another cave, where actually someone else was hunting, one of four avas in the hive at that time, including myself.
-and it was worth it. He killed a brood every 2-3 seconds, a total mess around him. Watching this oddly felt like following a plow truck on the highway. The brood population was in panic, no surprise they recently started throwing adj Faps desperately at hunters. What would you do?
The thick air of sweat and fear repelled me, I remembered my plan and turned around.
A glance at my radar told me that Bells cave was free, as they stood evenly spread in their cave. (If larva-guy was on they would all hide in the opposite site corner, cringing in shame. That probably because even the hatching guards failed to protect the larva)

I fought my way thru to the nest, unfortunately there were only 5 or so larva for me to pick up. Never mind, I decided to go back to Bram. Leaving the cave, I was walking backwards to finish the last one. Suddenly a mob spawned in the center of the cave: Bell!
Adrenaline level 100 in not-even-a-second, I never met any other Boss besides Bram, yet.
Finally a step forward for the super-duper reward mission!
It was an uneven fight, Bell fell so soon. There was no time to cry he didn’t drop me a bone: >> Francis has spawned << banner all over the screen!

(I’ve had Francis triggered month before with a Bram bosskill; failed so miserably that I don’t want to talk about it. But I learned a lot, which was important now)

At this moment it became clear that all other hunters in the hive where unfortunately not looking at their screen at this very second; probably getting a coffee. No one moved, stopped shooting or even asked what this was about. Good for me I thought while killing two more Brood of Bell to finally get out of their area. I knew where to go, this time I even knew what he does! I found him but kept the distance to reposition myself the way you stand best to control the mobs first move when you start shooting. Didn’t want the same mess to happen again. But what did this bloody failure do? He ran off to the same side, literally trough my legs and vanished into the next cave where another player was actively botting. (*)
I tried to follow but I cant kill all brood levels, especially if its more than one. So they brought me down before I passed the gate to the cave…
Regained consciousness after the terminal re-assembled my DNA. I started running back, fearing that I might lose Francis again!
Coming closer I saw the three broods where still chewing on the body of my past being. I could enter the cave no problem. It took me a second to scan the situation: Francis was still alive! Unharmed he ran left-and-right in a corner, pushing hard against the wall. Now this was the moment where modern game play came in handy. The other hunter seemed happy with his broods and did quite a good job. I hopped in fully and stood next to him. We obviously had an unspoken agreement that he protects my ass from the brood while I would focus on Francis. Well at least he continued shooting. So I pulled out my Marine Stalker and started shooting. There we stood next to each other, in the center of a circle of blood, flesh and shells. Francis was still trying to flee through the wall, but he was getting weaker and weaker. Finally a critical hit ended the life of “Francis the failure”.
Checking the loot I had to understand the he as well did not drop a single bone (which I though was impossible, but my hearsay was small samplesize).

In the end I did not get a single bone out of possibly four that day…
still my name is Bonestorm.
Probably just a calm, not even windy day @ the hive.

Thanks for reading :D

(*)
I understand there is a difference between between ‘fully automated gameplay’ and ‘F-repeat’. When I say “bot” or “botting” in this text, I’m referring to the second interpretation.

Oh, since the mutated bones are on the old loot system, where only XXX number are allowed in-game at one time, some of the bones in storage have to be used up before more will drop, at least that's what I've heard, who knows if it is true or not :D

Oh, since the mutated bones are on the old loot system, where only XXX number are allowed in-game at one time, some of the bones in storage have to be used up before more will drop, at least that's what I've heard, who knows if it is true or not :D
I think that's still how it is personally. We've seen that with NI crystals, pristines, etc. IMO

Reactions: jak
Story was awesome to read , actualy made my day 😂

I saw that guy only once , when ever i'm in the cave i make shure to hunt on that Spot in order to Pick up all the larvas by my self.

I thought when you said Francis you were talking about another avatar. Realised later on its a boss mob or something.

Haven't spent much time in the hive yet.

@PreyNaika why hunt on the spot? I moved around and picked up larvas and killed mobs. What's benefit of not moving?

I quit Bram and ran towards Bell, passing another cave, where actually someone else was hunting, one of four avas in the hive at that time, including myself.

What was this other cave?

@PreyNaika why hunt on the spot? I moved around and picked up larvas and killed mobs. What's benefit of not moving?

Max your effective dps that way , while you walk you get a damage stop when mobs are to faar away, some spawns you better stay on Spot in oder to have more dps. Other spawns you have to walk to the range of the next mob before you kill the first Mob in order to avoid the damage stop

Besides this macroing 😅

Last edited:
Anyone know which one is the "other cave" chesta was referring to? I'm really curious now ....I feel I'm missing out on something very very huuuge :)

Anyone know which one is the "other cave" chesta was referring to? I'm really curious now ....I feel I'm missing out on something very very huuuge :)
He is talking about the other spawn, the spawns in the cave Look like all got theyr own "cave"/area where mobs are located the area got 1 Main cave thats where you enter from cp
3 caves/spawns on the left 3 caves/spawns on the right, top right is without mobs but tt and repair terminal, 1 cave/spawn in the mid

Back