Strength training

Atraie

Prowler
With the release of the attribute reward missions, ive decided its time to raise my strength up to something decent before doing them.

So, looking for advice from anyone who has done strength skilling recently to see how fast you have raised it using which weapons. And mainly which weapons have been easy to find for cheap.

As well as offer some of my own info for those who are considering training up some strength before doing the missions.

So far my results have been very positive, started with 26.22 strength and 2 days later im at 38.1

Creature: Drone
Weapon: Kesmek Slo (L)

My armor bill would've been lower if i chose something else, but i was doing another project on drone, and didnt wanna switch. And the Kesmek slo was cheap and the best fit for my profession standing, i had it maxed on damage, and was right in the middle for hit.

Nearly all of my melee profession levels are from related skills from laser handgun/rifle, the melee skills themselves were very low(ive broken about 30ish tt melee weapons total for the start strength).

Starting stats:
26.22 strength
8.32 knifefighter (hit)
14.06 knifefighter (dmg)

After 1.46 Kesmek Slo (L), weapon maxed somewhere in the middle of this, 502.82 ped used
32.88 strength (+6.66)
10.9 knifefighter (hit)
15.76 knifefighter (dmg)

After 2 more Kesmek Slo (L), no SIB, 688.8 ped used
37.0 strength (+4.12)
(only noted strength when the 2nd broke, caz i still had 1 more left for the run)

After 1 more Kesmek Slo (L), no SIB, 344.4 ped used
38.07 strength (+1.07)
13.94 knifefighter (hit)
17.73 knifefighter (dmg)

39.33 strength (+1.26)
40.44 strength (+1.11)
41.36 strength (+0.92)
42.1 strength (+0.74)

Current melee standings:
Two Handed Clubber 7.64/14.67
Swordsman 7.97/14.88
One Handed Clubber 8.21/14.67
Whipper 9.27/15.00
Brawler 10.76/17.6
Knifefighter 16.59/20.18

Haven't decided which weapon to pick next. Ideally i want SIB, and want to stay under 105%. But i might go up to 110% if i cant force myself to wait. 110% for melee is like 200% for guns once you factor in ammo, and that's really starting to push the markup. So really don't want to go that high. Id rather do swordsman, or 2h clubber because those two have a larger strength contribution. But i haven't found a weapon yet that meets the above. (probably a embra c1 or rutic slow are my best bet for next weapon, but none in auction atm)

With my abysmal melee skill levels i really don't want to go unlimited. But if others have done well with it i might consider it.

Last edited:
Kesmec or Rutic Slo is nice rutic a bit more markup cause you have to use energy res. UL longblade like the Embra c1 is "relativley" cheap if you dont mind peds in min TT for a bit. You can resell it again when you finish. (One can be gotten for around TT +100 or so). I recently got an Embra for +80, and love it!

Also, use the blade you choose to do the weaker mission mobs.

Merps, molisk, foul, and argo can all be done with a Slo or Embra.

Merp and argo give a strength point at 100, Fouls gives one at 1k.

JEHU

Stick with the slo until you've maxed out a higher sword.

Broke 4 more kesmek slows and went up 4 more strength, tried of that weapon now, too low dps!

Probably wait till i can find something else sib for cheap and go back to handgun for a bit.

There are 8 pretty easily attainable strength missions - listed out for you, on the thread in my signature ;)

edited * lol - oops - I dunno how I missed the first sentence saying 'before the missions' :duh:
I'm a big fan of Katsuichi's - they made me strong ... even if totally uneco :ahh:

the list will come in handy when you're done :D

Last edited:
Not SIB, not even cheap anymore, but I heartily recommend getting a Thorifoid Battle Mace. Skills like a bastard, strength included.

Hurrikane

Not SIB, not even cheap anymore, but I heartily recommend getting a Thorifoid Battle Mace. Skills like a bastard, strength included.

Hurrikane

clubs are great... if you want relatively cheap, I love my UL masher one... work well on baby argonaut

-I like TT knife for strength.
-Not quite sure I buy into the SIB and seem to skill quite well with maxed weapon.
- I choose tt knife because the kill is slow and I seem to get the most skills (mainly defensive) per mob. And I am moving right along in strength.
:D

i would personally suggest the battle mace as well or a good old mentor edition power claw... or katsuichi determination, i never found a good unl knife nor do i favor any of the (L) melee above 2k pts too costly with too high decay.

i went on a personal quest to skill each melee type to 2000pts.. took me a few months.. as i wasnt on a ton.. but now i sit at just under 4k sword 2k club, 2k knife, 2k knuckles, and after completing 4 or 5 strength pt missions i finally hit 60 strength last week. for a better idea my highest skill lvl is only lvl 32 ranges laser. 61 agil and 128 hp. rather high strength for such low skills, i blame it on using a variety of the melee instead of just one.

ill hack and slash at something over shoot it anyday :) is that sick ? :D

Finished the 5k merp quest a few days ago and for kicks thought i'd share the data because i'm also trying to remediate a really low strength to avoid wasting mission rewards.

I did it with tt sb, small 'nade launcher, and a heat ray that's been in my storage for years. No, i'm not a masochist: if i was, i would have used a whip, too. That's the melee i really want to skill but unfortunately it doesn't do much for strength. Hunting time was almost exactly 30 hours.

It required 779 PEDs decay on tt sb (almost exactly 60 of them), 28 PEDs decay on tt powerfist (finisher), and about 15 peds decay each on launcher and heat ray. I tiered three blades in the process and got +5 for each from Deathifier. Whee, negative weapon markup. :laugh:

Imp FAP decay was 64.6 PEDs. The net return (tt only) was -59 PEDs, so basically 100% of offensive output.

Skills:
Gained 4.16 levels of strength (ended at 44.2) and 48.25 PEDs volume of skills, of which only 1.76 was Evade (found that slightly disappointing).

I was going to do the 10k with tt sb but i don't think i have the patience. I might use a Slo as well and see how that affects skillgain.

Oh, and i looted three gremlin face guard (M). :scratch: No gloves or (F) stuff.

Anyway, there's my boring data.

PS Bonus fun fact: my Tier Upgrader profession increased more than my Evader profession. oO

Last edited:
I am at 63 strength and got there using mostly just the TT sword. I did try a couple of others but, for me, the TT sword did just as much as the others and less cost for a full sword. It is not as eco as others but does not have a high cost to buy. I would skill with 2 swords at a time killing small mobs.
Peace.

Back