Suggestion: allow good bye threads

Fiona Simmons

Stalker
Can we have a Subforum for good bye entropia threads please ? Obviously a not too small number of People feel the strong urge to let the community know they are leaving and they wish to state their reasons and say final good byes to friends and comrades they made over time.

There should a place for this Kind of Topic and all threads created on this Sub Forum should autolock after a week. I believe a week is enough time to say your final good byes and for everyone who care to reply.

This would not hurt anyone, it would reduce Drama on PCF and it would reduce the workload of Moderators. A proper good bye helps People to move on.

Yes please let us have this.

Back when my good friend Donald, a storyteller extraordinaire, decided to leave, he did so for reasons all his own and not because EU was not to his liking anymore.
Right now I am looking at the farewell he sent to me for our societies forum and its something I would hate to have missing or deleted.
His message does not contain any hatred towards MA and I feel that if we would have such a section it would be treated respectfully. We are all mature people - mostly - and to just forbid public farewells won't stop people from leaving anyway... its a bit childish to assume it would make a difference.

I understand the reasoning behind the decision for the rule is that modding such messages could quickly become an overload.
So please be so brave and try it out for a month or three and test the waters, check if it really is so difficult to moderate such a subsection and if so then close all threads reinstate the rule and link to a thread explaining the reasoning and link to the archived mess of the failed trial.
Of course I might be wrong but I do hope we forum people are mature enough for such a subsection.

If at all possible I would also like to have the possibility for public obituaries - but that is a topic for another time.

Lock after a week? What about when they come back and say 'I'm back, I changed my mind'?

I dont think its a good idea, nor is it consistent with the idea of PCF being a "fan site"

I never got that rule anyway. Could someone be so kind as to explain why this rule even exists?

Regards
Thark

I never got that rule anyway. Could someone be so kind as to explain why this rule even exists?

Regards
Thark

It was in place before 711 took over the forum, even during the lawless MindBuster days. The reason for it is because otherwise the forum would be full of people posting "i quit" threads any time they are pissed off about bad loot, jealous of someone else's loot, or whatever... nevermind one week later they are back in EU :laugh:

Have a section for it, keep it out of the "general discussion". Don't we have a greetings section anyway?

Lock after a week? What about when they come back and say 'I'm back, I changed my mind'?

Let's agree that you can only make a goodbye thread when you actually leave.. and never come back
like never ever.. no not with a new avatar.. no no no..

(I guess nobody will post there, because nobody ever leaves... really)

What happened recently is something similar to what happened others times with others players...

...but rules have been created for a reason, based on statistically repetitive behaviors, why not just let rules like they are now?

I have no idea of what happened in detail between two persons but since a forum user I have to say thanks to the moderators for the impressive work they are doing here... for free!

Back