Question: Taming timing: time for an updated statement, Kim...please comment

Kombinator

Marauder
Society
CCCP
Velikii Komby Kombinator
As the title says, we are nearing the end of the year and are very much in Q4.

Kim, you have done some great real work, so far.

This is a major issue which just has been avoided to death, can you get any sort of a definitive statement from the Dev Team on the timing of re-introduction and associated issues?

Realize it may take a little time, and may need to bash a few heads, break a few fingers, and crush some balls...but get this doe for Ma's ake as well as for the players.

Kim, come on, you found the time to think about one handed clubs, surely you can find time to comment on when such a major screw up will be remedied?

Bumping for exposure and an answer.

-Bemo-

Also awaiting a statement!

I must bump too

Taming and pets was the reason I even joined EU. Was pretty bummed when i found out there wasnt any.

:bump:
..before the end of next year ...
(if all goes up to plan)

and will all the skill gains in whip since taming went offline at vu 10 do any good in helping with taming when it is back? I didn't skill up a heck of a lot, but did a bit, and I know others have too. Would be nice if there was some sort of bonus for the 'hang in there while you wait for taming' type of thing... maybe add one taming skill for each whip skill gain made since vu 10 as a freebie to thank the folks with the whips for not cashing out and leaving completely.

Have been waiting for this too. I was one of the ones awarded wtih an amazing whip and was hoping that meant we would soon be taming bigger mobs when taming went away all together.

My whips sit unused in storage for far too long.

was there any confirmed reason as to why it was removed in the first place? i remember back in the day that it was being... abused/ use for advertising. just as a note... i dont see that as abuse, it bade the environment more.. interactive. but ya... was there any specific reason?

Taming back at fucking ubnspecified time in 2012...better than nothing, but still poorly handled

Entropia Universe Returning Systems Roadmap!

Makeup
Create unique looks for you and your friends! The Makeup system will be updated with many improvements in early November 2011.

Beacon/Dungeon
Fight your way through an off world robot base or an underground dungeon to defeat bosses and plunder their treasures. This improved and exciting system is set for release in the middle of December 2011.

Taming
This long awaited system is to be reintroduced in 2012, with many new features all have been waiting for; we expect the wait to be worth it!

THIS JUST SETS PEOPLE UP FOR HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT UNLESS MA ACTUALLY DOES SOMETHING TREMENDOUSLY CORRECT FOR A CHANGE AND IMPLEMENTS THE SYSTEM IN A WELL THOUGHT OUT MANNER MANAGING NOT TO ASS !!!! THE EXISTING TAMING COMMUNITY AND MAKE PETS TRULY USABLE AND WORTWHILE .

Mutants
Mutants will be back from their vacations in early 2012.

Entropia Universe Returning Systems Roadmap!

Makeup
Create unique looks for you and your friends! The Makeup system will be updated with many improvements in early November 2011.

Beacon/Dungeon
Fight your way through an off world robot base or an underground dungeon to defeat bosses and plunder their treasures. This improved and exciting system is set for release in the middle of December 2011.

Taming
This long awaited system is to be reintroduced in 2012, with many new features all have been waiting for; we expect the wait to be worth it!

THIS JUST SETS PEOPLE UP FOR HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT UNLESS MA ACTUALLY DOES SOMETHING TREMENDOUSLY CORRECT FOR A CHANGE AND IMPLEMENTS THE SYSTEM IN A WELL THOUGHT OUT MANNER MANAGING NOT TO ASS !!!! THE EXISTING TAMING COMMUNITY AND MAKE PETS TRULY USABLE AND WORTWHILE .

Mutants
Mutants will be back from their vacations in early 2012.

Well, at least u have some type of Road Map. I for one am glad that we will at least see Make-up and Beacons before the end of this year, which is imho pretty good.

I know u are really sad about this but they wont be changing the priority if its already set.

Yep I know, thanks Juan, just boggles my mind why barbie crap is being put it, while a major system is pushed back.

Taming

Ah, so half past never.

Haha, yep half past never sounds like about the right ETA...I still harbor some hope (mainly driven by the fact that Kim seems to be engaged, competent and actually care) that this mosntrous fuck up will be resolved before putting random shit into the game, I am sure barbie plays and mutants can be put on back burner for the system as major and improved as they claim it will be to be rushed...

Haha, yep half past never sounds like about the right ETA...I still harbor some hope (mainly driven by the fact that Kim seems to be engaged, competent and actually care) that this mosntrous fuck up will be resolved before putting random shit into the game, I am sure barbie plays and mutants can be put on back burner for the system as major and improved as they claim it will be to be rushed...

I doubt they have even started working on it yet.

agreed, i dont see how MA keeps there player base when they dont listen. looks like there more concerned with introducing new players rather than keeping the depositors they have now. i dono. i have a feeling that mentoring + internet marketing campaign wont have much of an impact.

Back