The Dark Side of Asteroid

Thanks but I prefer to own the CD's, copy them, use the copies and the mp3 rips on my server network. :)

Change me Avi pic in honour of Syd

I would like a Jean Michel Jarre session - Oxygene would play really well in the space age enviroment :)

On the other end of the scale - a Paul Oakenfold hour / night etc - thinking about it - have Artist Hours - where certain artists are played that hour. Do you put the playlists up anywhere ND? That would be cool if you do.

Right now in the process of encoding alot... I love all these ideas, theres definately an opportunity to put together really great playlists and hunting in the Domes is more fun if you can expand your musical knowledge and taste.

Right now Im not publishing the playlists, coz im making them up on the fly.
But In the future i will do and with the streaming software Im using it will be possible for u to check which track ur listeing to...

I'll keep it on it. I's alot of fun.

last night, we had, Hendrix, led Zeppelin, johnny Cash, Richard Pryor and Frank Sinatra...

it was quite bizarre :)

oh and yeah i would like to hear Oxygene up there too. I'll have to buy that album again

I imagine watching a Caperon croon towards you to the sound of Sinatra is quite wierd :/

A bit of Gene Kelly - Singing in the rain:

I'm singing in the dome
Just singing in the dome
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at trox..
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love..

Let the mushroom clouds chase
Everyone from space
Come on with the hunt
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the centre
With a large gun
Just singin',
Singin' in the dome

Dancin' in the dome
Dee-ah dee-ah dee-ah
Dee-ah dee-ah dee-ah
I'm happy again!
I'm singin' and dancin' in the dome!

I'm dancin' and singin' in the dome...

Ok Mint Royales version is better lol :laugh:

AkiranBlade said:
I imagine watching a Caperon croon towards you to the sound of Sinatra is quite wierd :/

I, for one, would love to see a "Rat Pack" night on CND... There's nothing like tanking a mob and getting a global while you listen to "Luck Be a Lady, Tonight" by the Chairman of the Board :D

I'm gonna be there for sure saturday, all Pinkfloyd yey! I'm gonna bring me some typonolic to sniff and gonna space on an asteroid listening to Pinkfloyds Darkside of the Moon album :tongue2:

OMG count me in, forevah :cool:

NEVERDIE said:
Right now in the process of encoding alot... I love all these ideas, theres definately an opportunity to put together really great playlists and hunting in the Domes is more fun if you can expand your musical knowledge and taste.

I know what you're talking about... It's a hobby, but as a musician (I play bass, keyboard and guitars) I'm heavily involved in sound engineering and I've been a radio DJ for some time. It's definetely one of the top notch things you can do and you have a barrel of fun also. :D But, damn, it's a hell of a fulltime job. You don't even feel the time passing by because you're full of passion. Hard to describe.

People think it's easy to throw together a playlist. Maybe even on the fly, being on air already. The truth is: yes, you can do that - but only if you're one of the best. With some routine I needed half an hour to prepare a broadcast of about two hours.

I hope to have the time this saturday to log in into Entropia and to attend the Pink Floyd tribute (I took a fast flight yesterday) but I'll see... I plan to stay longer anyway. The asteroid is not only the disco. Maybe I'll bring a telescope to take some pictures of interesting stars. :laugh:

I was there ........

and it was GREAT :thumbup:

Stratos said:
I was there ........

I second that! :cool:

Pink Floyd and some red clouds from Fungoids, brings back some memories :D

Stratos said:
I was there ........

Im sorry i was there and i was not great!!

This is the first time ive visited cND since march, and thought it was a great opportunity to see whats changed and enjoy some cool music while i hunt.

First...

What the hell was going on with that Eddie Murphy rubbish? :confused:

Everyso often the set was interupted with some live comedy from Eddie Murphy it completly ruined the atomosphere. I cant imagine for a moment in a club for the DJ to stop playing music and put on a comedy tape.

There would be violence!! :wise:

Im not a annorak when it comes to floyd, but playing the songs in sequence, especially songs from the wall would have gone down well with some of the more devoted.

Overall im a bit disapointed i spent 36 ped on travel to and from cND to listen to a poorly arranged set that had technical diffuculties & weird interuptions from unrelated material. On a better note i like what you have done with some of the domes.

Itto said:
Pink Floyd and some red clouds from Fungoids, brings back some memories :D

Violet said:
Im sorry i was there and i was not great!! .........................................

Maybe :eek: the Greatness lives from - like Itto says - from the memories of the very old days :tongue2:

Mushrooms and Pink Floyd...damn folks, its time for a flashback :cool:
Ill be there!

Thx ND it was great. nice mix of stuff from alll 4 decades Floyd:cool:

Btw Why Eddie Murphy don't get the connection:dunno:

Tyler said:
Thx ND it was great. nice mix of stuff from alll 4 decades Floyd:cool:

Btw Why Eddie Murphy don't get the connection:dunno:

another one who would like to know... what on earth was Eddie Murphy doing there??? loved the Floyd... :cool: tbh would have liked to hear The Wall in it's correct order, it seemed strange to jump in to some of the filler pieces in the album only to leap off to Eddie Murphy and then off to Animals etc etc. But more , more, more is what I say :)

Back